From Unofficial Handbook of the Virtue Universe
|Player: @Deadly Rose|
|Real Name:||Adria Savage|
|Age:||Roughly 200 (Looks Early 20's)|
|Place of Birth:||Carpathian Mountains|
|Base of Operations:||Paragon City|
|Marital Status:||Lifemate Zacharias Justicano|
|Known Relatives:||Parents: Julian and Desari Savage|
|Limited psychic powers, limited healing powers.|
|Ability to control weather, animals, earth|
|An assortment of Daggers.|
|No additional information available.|
Carpathians are a fictional race of people in the fictional universe of the Dark Series, a group of books by Christine Feehan. Carpathians survive by drinking the blood of humans, but unlike vampires, they do not kill their human prey. Carpathians use their telepathic abilities to “call” humans to them in order to feed, and then use those same abilities to erase the humans’ memory of the incident. All vampires were once Carpathians. A Carpathian male "turns" into a vampire when he kills while feeding, loses his lifemate, or fails to find his lifemate.
Carpathians mate for life. This is because males and females are different in nature; while the females are filled with compassion and light, the males are filled with an inner darkness, capable of great violence. After 200 years, a male Carpathian loses the ability to feel emotions, sexual desire and see in color. As a result, the darkness slowly spreads and consumes their souls. At this time, the only thing they feel is the thrill when they are about to make a kill. The only way they are returned to them is when a male finds his lifemate, the "light" to his darkness, the other half of his soul. Once lifemates find one another, the male recites the bonding words. Once this is done, it cannot be undone. They must touch minds and share their bodies often.
At the beginning of Dark Prince, Carpathians are on the edge of extinction. There have been few children born to them in the past few centuries, those that have been born are all male and often die in the first year. It has been more than 500 years since a female has been born. Without females, the males are left with a stark choice, "greet the dawn" (i.e. commit suicide) or become vampire, the undead, the monsters of human legend.
Carpathians live many times longer than humans. The maximum lifespan is unknown, but several have lived to the age of 2000 years. In addition to living longer than humans, Carpathians age much more slowly. In their childhood, they age roughly at the same rate as humans. Once they reach physical adulthood, their aging process slows dramatically, and they maintain their physical peaks for centuries.
All Carpathians have the gift of telepathy, the ability to speak “mind to mind” to one another. This telepathic ability can cover vast distances, even across oceans. Once two Carpathians have exchanged blood, they can communicate with one another without anyone else hearing them. Lifemates use this ability to strengthen their bond with one another. They use this ability to call humans to them in order to feed. Vampires often plant compulsions, compelling humans to commit awful acts, including murder. In addition, they have the gift to communicate with animals.
All Carpathians have the ability to shapeshift into various animals. They most often use the forms of wolves, owls, bats, and leopards. They can also take to form of mist or fog. They often use these forms to protect their sensitive eyes if they have to rise before the sun completely sets or they need to enter and leave a dwelling undetected.
All Carpathians can heal them selves by dissolving from their body and mending the cut. They also can heal other people the same way. Carpathians also have a healing agent in their saliva, they use it to stop pain or heal their lifemates.
- She looks like an ordinary human, there really is no reason anyone would known she was anything but a human.
- She has strong mental barriers up in her mind. Any attempt to read her mind would be felt immediately and would be met with a stern glare and a blank slate. Even the most strongest psychics would only get http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9jjM74-Nx0
- She has limited control over the weather, using cloud cover, storms to help her come out during the day. (I go by the time of day where I live not game time since it's so messed up.)
- Also has limited control over animals, she can touch the minds and communicate with them. Though stronger animals (usually those that are shape-shifters) can block her out.
- She is a shapeshifter, but would -never- shift in front of humans, when shapeshifted she looks no different than any other wolf, tiger, or bat (depending on what form she is in)
- She can heal herself or others. Small cuts can easily be healed with her mouth, as all Carpathians saliva has a healing agent in it. Larger wounds must be healed by leaving the body and entering the victim's to repair the damage from inside out, and then lengthy time spent underground, healing in the dirt.
- Adria is a small town singer, she used to perform with her mother's band The Dark Troubadours in very small towns across Europe and America, but left recently to become a Hunter.
- Carpathians(race) On Wikipedia
 - Official homepage for Christine Feehan's Dark Series