From Unofficial Handbook of the Virtue Universe
Powers and Abilities
- Heightened Senses: Allastor has hightened senses of smell, sight and hearing, beyond those of normal humans. His sense of smell can be compared to that of a shark, capable of detecting the slightest scent up to a mile away. He is capable of seeing in the dark, but not through fog or most stealth powers. However, his other senses can help him spot enemies at a relatively close range. His sensitive hearing allows him to detect a larger array of frequencies than must humans and animals, and it is amplified so he is capable of hearing across great distances. As every dragon, he posses a 'blind sense', allowing him to spot individuals he cannot detect with his other senses, perhaps via vibrations, making him very hard to catch unawares.
- Extrasensorial Perception: Allastor is capable of detecting auras around other objects, areas or beings. He can automatically determine the nature of it (magical, evil, good, demonic, celestial, aggresive, etc.) by just looking at the source of it. This ability is always active and it has a repercution in his eyesight, allowing him to 'see' them. However, this ability is cannot be 'turned off' and he cannot detect beings or objects that do not posses a strong aura of a specific type via this sense.
- Resistance: His scales provide a tough hide that serve as a body armor, head-to-toe and muzzle-to-tail. Minor projectiles and low caliber bullets would simply bounce off his scales. Piercing rounds and higher caliber projectiles would likely harm him, however. The only exception would be the membranes of his wings, which are treated like leathery skin. He has been known to deflect energy attacks and show remarkable resistance to the elements. His scales offer but minor protection to corrosive substances. Allastor is capable of resisting relatively extreme temperatures, being able to withstand a range from -40 ºF to roughly 158 ºF without needing protection.
- Dragon Physiology: Allastor's physical structure, 'blessing' and training make him capable of lifting over 10 tons with his bare hands, standing still and supported by his two hind legs and his tail. It has been theorized that he could possibly affect more weight if he rather pushes or drags objects. The exact limit of his physical strength is unknown while he is out of his Black Wrath aspect. Allastor seems to move a lot like a cat, and his reflexes rival with those of one, making it seem like his reaction times are instantaneous. Allastor is also capable of moving in both bipedal and quadrupedal motion, preferring the latter one to travel long distances by land. While galloping down on all fours, he can reach a maximum speed of 65 mph. However, his powers allow him the benefic of a form of unnatural speed, which can cause him to double his reaction times and movement for a short while. His strong legs can propel him up to 2-3 stories upwards or 60 yards forward with a single leap, and fall roughly twice as much, sustaining minimal damage if any. His wings allow him to perform rapid flights and take offs, with a maximum speed of 200 mph by taking advantage of air currents that soar in the same direction he flies, and 600 mph when diving like a falcon would, and amazing maneuverability in mid-air. He's barely affected by the alterations of altitude and he can reach the higher layers of our stratosphere when he flies up. Solar radiation doesn't affect him at these heights. However, he can be forced to descend when oxygen is in short supplies. Allastor is a fairly good swimmer, propelling himself by making short wingflaps and weaving his long tail to the sides like a crocodile, and he can reach speeds of 40 mph when in calm waters. Allastor's tail is slightly longer than he is actually tall, which he can use as a weapon (see below), and it weaves casually behind him when he's standing or walking (as both bipedal or on all fours), and it never touches the ground unless he is exhausted or depressed, in which cases he drags it. His lungs' capacity allows him to hold his breath for up to 20 minutes before he risks choking. He has the innate, uncounscious ability to regenerate wounds at a faster-than-normal rate, almost lizard-like. However, he cannot regenerate lost limbs without the aid of strong healing magic.
- Training: He was trained in several martial arts style, making him a formidable combatant at close range. Allastor has also developed minor resistance to psionics through training and meditation, even if it does not provide complete protection against these type of attacks. His own willpower allows him to shrug off mental manipulation, but it does not block mind reading. Allastor is also capable of sending some sort of 'psionic feedback' at anyone trying to enter his mind. Victims usually manifest physical, burn-like injuries when this happens, along with a form of temporary mental trauma (headaches).
- Magics: Allastor was trained in arcane and divine magic, but he was restricted in this art due to his nature as the (then) Mythril Dragon by his mentors. It has been but recently that he has developed this trait and he is capable of casting spells, glyps, rituals and wards of medium complexity.
- Limited Camouflage: Like every member of his race of dragons, Allastor can blend with his surroundings and may remain unseen if he doesn't move. He can't become completely invisible, however.
- Inherent Draconic Empathy: Allastor is capable of communicating with other dragons (and anyone part dragon) telepathically. This ability is known to work even across great distances and fairly good across dimensions. However, Allastor is limited to projecting speech and surface emotions. He cannot, for example, project what he is currently seeing or hearing. He can "turn off" this ability at will, and he may not be reachable by mental scrying unless said psychic is powerful enough to do so.
- Natural Weapons: Allastor has sharp claws (on both wings and hands), talons and teeth with which he fights, all of them capable of piercing metal. He could easily dig his claws and talons into concrete to help him climb vertical surfaces or even rip large chunks of asphalt or rock from the ground. His jaws' strength limits have not really been measured, but eye-witnesses have stated that Allastor has pulverized solid rock before, and Vanguard operatives have seen him bending impervium with them. Allastor's 16' long prehensile tail funtions as a very versatile limb, capable of performing very punctual and delicate tasks, like pressing buttons, as well as delivering powerful blows that could bring a concrete wall down. He can wrap his tail around objects with a minimum sectional area of approximately 5" in diameter and it can presumably lift twice as much the weight he could lift using his hands with it. His wings have limited combat capability, mostly used to block certain type of attacks or push individuals away from him. His S-curved horns on his head don't really have combat functions, but they seem to protect his skull, and he has spikes over certain joints of his body (shoulders, elbows, etc.).
The Essence of Tiamat
The powers once embewed upon him by the grace of Bahamut, the God of Good Dragons, grant him with superior strength and resistance, as well as the ability to emmite and control fire and ice for a variety of effects. He is also capable of absorbing energy from his surroundings to enhance his abilities and toughness.
Eventually, his faith in Bahamut and humanity drew him away from the path of the Mythril Dragon, and he lost hope. Taken over by hatred, he made a pact with Bahamut's antithesis, Tiamat, Goddess of Evil Dragons, and he was granted with similar powers. They evolved and currently, unless he does it through magical spells, he is unable to create fire or ice. Instead, he has attained the ability to manipulate a mystic energy that it's believed to be Tiamat's very essence that allow him to perform several tasks, like projecting raw energy in the form of concentrated arc lightning or devastating power charged attacks, boosting his own strength, regeneration and toughness.
Allastor is capable of tapping into the Black Wrath Aspect, fed by the power of Tiamat herself, and his scales become dimmer, darker, looking like a large dragon made out of reflective darkness and red light. Only in this aspect, and for only a few minutes every once in a while, Allastor is capable of becoming more energy than matter, an entity of lightning and evil, making him nearly impervious to harm. Every single ability and powers become close to that of an Incarnate for as long as he remains in this state. However, Allastor is unable to sustain this aspect for extended periods of time. He is still a mortal. After this transformation, and due to a overly superhuman amount of strain at channeling this immesurable amount of energy, Allastor will drop from his Black Wrath Aspect and become exhausted and weakened. Willing to extend this transformation may result in lethal concequences for him.
Allastor's abilities are still growing on his way to become the true Avatar of Tiamat, meant destroy the Mythril Dragon, absorb his powers, overthrow Bahamut himself and give Tiamat the chance to conquer her brother's realm, granting her champion with greater powers and the chance to place dragons as the dominant species, with him as Earth ruler.
Through secluded experimentation and with the recent 'awakening' of the Well of the Furies of humans, his powers have grown exponentially. He possesses the ability to spread his electricity-like protective powers to extend and protect nearby allies (Destiny Incarnate slot) and the ability to summon forth a devastating current of raw power and energy (Judgement Incarnate slot). Furthermore, Allastor has the ability to summon forth up to two globules of the same energy he controls and grant them limited intelligence to obey his mental commands and fight at his side (Lore Incarnate slot).
Full potential and extent of his powers are still unknown...
Allastor is normally calm and polite, but at the same time, he can be a ferocious opponent when provoked, driven by hatred. Proud and powerful, he openly accepts his destiny, and will face any threat, sometimes even without evaluation. His hatred towards humanity drive him into progressively exterminate said race to eventually return Earth to their real masters, with him as supreme ruler. However, he knows he is in disadvantage, and whenever it is possible, he will work with certain humans and creatures in order to secretly fulfill his ultimate goal.
Once Upon a Time...
Allastor is one of the few members of an ancient race of dragons that lived to protect Earth for eons, and both humans and dragons had long ago agreed to cooperate with each other in whatever way needed. Allastor hatched during a decayed age of corrupted kings, treason, sickness and swords, in the late 12th century in Scotland. Son to a Sapphire female and a Ruby male. As a hatchling, Allastor always felt resented for his condition: He was a white, diamond-like scaled dragon with the birth mark of Bahamut, the God of Good Dragons, who they would refer to as the Mythril Dragon.
As a hatchling, Allastor was looked at with distrust for his condition. Amongst his clan and the ones that shared a close alliance, it was said that Mythril Dragons possessed great power once they were mature enough, and that every two generations a Mythril would be born by the grace of their Dragon God, to guide them into a new golden age. However, there was also a prophecy:
"That who would be marked by the Platinum Dragon shall determine the continuance of the everlasting cycle of death and rebirth, or break it."
This encouraged most of the dragons in Allastor's clan to shun him. Very few younglings, his two younger siblings -Illidan, a Sapphire, and Illyanna, a Ruby- among them, really seemed to hang out with him. For the greater part, he spent a lonely childhood.
As he grew, he was taught about etiquette and courtesy, and learned the ways and manners of the nobles; to read and write, and treat everyone with respect and humbleness, mostly in hopes to be accepted by the ones of his own.
However, gossip, intolerance and superstition lead to the event that Allastor has known as The Massacre. Humans started to look at them with distrust and a group of nobles, mages and knights that shared information and goods with their clan became aware of the legends and beliefs regarding the Mythril Dragon. The dragons of his clan were betrayed and were hunted down until only a few dozens survived and fled, some to alternate dimensions.
His father and sister were killed during the Massacre, and Illidan and his mother managed to escape. However, Allastor was unable to reach them as they were fleeing the castle under which they inhabited. Through the use of a spell, one of the dragons Elders opened a dimensional gate to escape along with a dozen of them, Allastor included. What they found was less encouraging than what they faced in their own world, for another, similar Massacre was taking place. Of their group, only a handful of four survived and fled from the tragic event. Once in the relative safety of a mountain, Allastor was directly and fully blamed for their situation by the others, feeling impotent and enraged. Without the guidance of the Elder, who had been killed upon their arrival, the three dragons attacked Allastor and was tossed into the wilderness.
Truely alone, without a family or an Elder to seek council with, and no protection from a clan, Allastor was forced to live of his own, to hunt and feed on whatever he would find, out of the sight of both humans and other sentient creatures, tormented by the misery the humans had leaded him and his kind, thanks to their ignorance and to the "curse" he was imbued with.
Years passed and Allastor slowly became more independant, gathering everything he was allowed to learn during his stay with his former clan. He employed minor spells to heal is wounds whenever he became harmed, supporting his survival training and knowledge with herbs. He learned to hunt his prey with the aid of magic to craft improvised traps with the elements in his environment. Even shelter was a lesser issue as Allastor learned about his surroundings, the hydrography and geography by mere exploration. Many times he found his path in a crossroad with that of humans, and he quickly grasped what areas were infested with them and which ones were not in the wilderness of Scotland. But even what he had learned could not deafen the voices he had heard of his kin being slaughtered. he couldn't forget the soothing whispers of his mother or the encouraging words of his father, who he knew he would not see again. But he also couldn't forget the voices, snarls and insults of those who shunned him or the shouting of the horde of humans that leaded his kind to extinction.
He was resigned to the fact he would never be accepted by most dragons, and he even held some hope that he would find those who would take him in when others abandoned him. Several times, the thought of him being the last menaced with tearing what was left of his sanity, fed by sadness, lonelyness and hopelessness. In the same way, Allastor developed a growing hatred for humans, that eventually became an insatiable need for vengence. It was this rage and the pain it carried that made him first manifest his powers at an early age, discovering his ability to create and control fire in any way he wanted, or decreasing the temperature around him and those in his proximity, without the need of spells. These were the powers he had inherited from Bahamut's blessing and curse.
He trained himself to master his own abilities and testing his limits at every moment possible, coming to enjoy what other dragons would not at his still young age, abilities that could very well match those of a skilled sorcerer, such as his father. Pride took over him, and with it confidance into thinking that he was better than him now, and he began to breach the borders between his own and the lands of human farmers. Out of need for food, Allastor stalked these farms for their livestock at first, taking an animal or two to his own refuge. His activities didn't go unnoticed and as the human farmers took measurements for the unknown beast taking their livestock, so did Allastor, taking them out of his way for interfering with his meal. It is then when he first took a life willingly, and now his hands and mind were drenched in blood.
At first, Allastor slayed whoever crossed his path in a swift way, making it as painless as possible, but he eventually felt the need to be less and less merciful with his victims, taking more and more of his time to make them suffer and fear him before finishing them and vanishing to his lair. In time, and because of the images of blood he himself had procured, his dreams became twisted and frightful, with visions of horror and nightmares that would very well come out from the underworld. He began to think that his sanity was failing him now and wondered if his acts of savagery would have been justified, and at some points regreted some of them. Until one night, a dream of his seemed quite real to be really a dream. It is when, for the first time, Tiamat, the Dragon Queen, appeared in it. Allastor was frightened, but the Dragon Goddess had come to cheerish him for having chosen the path of the fittest and the strongest. She offered him power beyond imagining if he would become Her champion, to which, after a long thought about his current situation and he had nothing else to loose, he accepted. Once the pact was sealed, and upon waking up,he discovered that his scales had changed to a deep, slightly reflective ebon color, and the patterns of The Platinum Dragon's black markings on them were replaced with the red print of the Queen Dragon.
He was no longer the Mythril Dragon, for he had abandoned Bahamut's teachings and took on the dogma of Tiamat. Allastor tossed away the linage of the Darkflames and their legacy, starting a new one of his own: He became Allastor Nightfire, the Black Wrath...
The Living Reflexion
Allastor may have very well been the first dragon in Primal Earth to emerge from his seclution, althought it is still unknown. With the evolution of his powers, he felt less fear progressively to leave the safety of the caves he dwelled in to witness the way how humanity evolved, and throughout the centuries, learned about their wars, the falling of their governments, disasters caused by the humans, seeing how since the disappearance of dragons from the world, this world at least, had taken its toll on nature, at the hands of the race that cleared the world from his kind. His thirst for vengence grew with every passing century, but his past exploits had leaded him to become cautious, for their technology had also evolved and magic had nearly dissipated from it.
Towards the end of the 20th century, Allastor had heard that dragons had managed to survive, and some had already shown themselves to the world. Ignoring that his very presence was noticed as he traveled around the world, he searched for these surviving dragons. Some welcomed him and shared their disgust from humanity, but they were not the major part of them. Most of them were deemed naive, for they still had faith in those primates, who needlessly to say, had done nothing but destroy what nature had granted them with. Pollution and misery spreaded to everywhere Allastor travelled, and he thought it was well deserved, and vowed to let them consume themselves before he would strike.
News got to him that a white dragon fought for justice, protecting the innocent in a world infested and ill with potential dragon slayers. He decided to 'meet' this dragon of justic: an Allastor Darkflame had emerged.
(Work in Progress)
Alliances and Contacts
(Work in Progress)
Previous Clans Allies
Cerberus (Clan of the Silver Talon - deceaced): Allastor's once master-at-arms and mentor in the art of combat. He presumably died during the Massacre, protecting their den until the last moment and breath.
High Elder Xenarius (Clan of the Silver Talon - unknown status): Supreme elder, archmage and spiritual leader of Allastor's first clan. He mentored him in the arcame arts. After the Massacre, Allastor travelled into Primal Earth, and he has had no knowledge of him since. He presumably remained in Praetorian Earth, but despite his trips to his home realm, he has found nothing in regards to him...
(Work in Progress)
Previous Non-dragon Allies
LEGION OF THE BLOOD MOON
Zephyr Sparkblade: A fallen angel, Zephyr would be a significant ally and asset for Allastor's own plans. Few times have they really collided in ideals, even though Zephyr cares little about his dominance as long as he himself would not seem affected and as long as he recovers the Deathblade from his Primal self...
Mistress Philly: Allastor's previous human mate. It is still unknown what could have interested of this sadistic woman to Allastor, even though her sadistic nature could be related...
Dark Death Flame: A vampire with similar objectives for world submission, only under the rule of vampires and Allastor would collide most of times with him because of it. Their alliance is at the edge of a knife...
Legions Immolation: One of the former, high ranking officers of the Legion. Whereabouts are unknown.
Corrupted Arcanum: A necromancer with a draconic linage, possibly the reason Allastor would work with him.
Hue: A despicable girl seeking for destruction of her Primal self. Allastor seems to enjoy the way she behaves towards her surroundings, but other than amusement, she means little to him...
(Work in Progress)
- Allastor pays a lot of attention to his body and works out regularly. He has an impressive stamina and it takes a great deal to get exhausted, and he doesn't mind spending an entire day flying, swimming or galloping in the fields, showing off his physical capabilities. To regain the vast amounts of energy Allastor spends in the daily exercise, he needs to eat an amount of food equivalent to two cows. He is sensitive about his weight and body though, so he takes especial care of the amounts of food vs. the amount of exersice.
- Allastor starves for knowledge. If he doesn't feel like showing off his body's maximum capacities, he spends a great deal of time reading books of almost every kind. He especially enjoys history books, fables and narrative stories, as well as anything related to Arcana and occult lore.
- Allastor is too proud. He shows as much the pride and arrogance as a dragon of his characteristics is expected to. Perhaps overly.
- Allastor speaks in English with a British accent, and Draconic at times, which is rather strong even for dragons. He also speaks Spanish, French, Italian, German, Portuguese, Romanian, Dutch, Irish, Danish, Russian and Latin, as well as a few forgotten tongues, like Sylvan (language of Fae and the creatures of nature), Elvish, Dwarven, Drow, and a little Celestial (language of angels), Abyssal (language of demons) and Infernal (language of devils). Allastor can also read and understand ancient Runic, Egyptian heiroglyphs and very few other symbolic languages.
- Allastor's mind is normally closed to psychics. Attempts at reading thoughts and memories prior to his coming to the Rogue Isles can take a while to decipher, provided they are, for the most part, versed in Draconic. Moreover, his mind is saturated with knowledge and information that perhaps only dragons may be able to understand on a first attempt.
- Allastor is subject of recurrent nightmares. In such cases, he would normally dream about the Massacre, and in rare times, he is revealed visions of a possible future where there is only destruction and death around him, with in his Ebon Aspect... By default, these dreams would awaken him violently.
- Allastor strongly defends his believes on Tiamat's dogma, and he worships her as a patron deity and ultimate rewarder. He also respects other gods within the Draconic Pantheon. He highly respects Chronepsis and Io, for they are supreme over other dragon deities. He admires Garyx for his might as the very representation of the dragonkin's raw destructive power. Sardior and Astilabor reflect a good amount of respect and appreciation, as Allastor desires power and wealth as he works towards his ultimate goal. He strongly believes in Aasterinian's dogma about thinking for themselves, individuality and independence. He repudiates but still respects Bahamut, Tamara and Lendys, and he fears Faluzure should he failed in his task to please Tiamat. Hlal has little significance to him.
Allastor Nightfire possesses several variants (in several servers) in game that would fit different aspects of him:
- Fire Blast/Cold Manip. Corruptor: lvl 50 (+1) (Rogue). Initial phases of his powers and his first years in the Rogue Isles. Justice server.
- Elec. Melee/Elec. Armor: lvl 50 (+3) (Rogue). Current powers and peak condition. Virtue server.
Allastor is considered a Rogue by law-enforcements and Arachnos, due to the fact that he follows his own code of conduct. He does his best to manipulate and trick those around him to achieve his goal, but he does possess certain "taboo's".
Main Theme: "Reign of Terror" by Rhapsody of Fire.
In combat: "Battlefield" by Blind Guardian.
Other's opinnion of Allastor
((Edit and place an IC comment on Allastor Nightfire))
((Work in progress))