From Unofficial Handbook of the Virtue Universe
|Real Name:||Aubrey Kalis (Kal'aweia)|
|Known Aliases:||Apocalypse Meow, Sheban Skirmisher|
|Occupation:||Stuntwoman, Prop Designer, Vigilante|
|Place of Birth:||Hilo, HI|
|Base of Operations:||Paragon City, RI|
|Known Relatives:||Joseph Kal'aweia (Father), Aria Kal'aweia (Mother)|
|Agility, Physical Conditioning, High Pain Tolerance|
|Various Firearms and Props|
((Work in Progress!))
A flash of muzzle flare, the smell of gunpowder, a fleeting glimpse of a tail. These are the hallmarks of the vigilante known as Apocalypse Meow. But, like most things in Paragon City, there is more than is publicly accepted.
Aubrey was born and raised in the Hawaiian Protectorate, although the television programs from America made her dream of a life in front of the camera. Upon graduation, she spent three years in the Royal Hawaiian Navy, serving with distinction and receiving an honorable discharge after her term of service. She then emigrated to the US, and tried breaking into acting. Most found her too rigid and unimaginative for acting, and she didn't fit the anorexic mold of a model, so she was turned away. Not one to give up, she sought any means to find work. She eventually found her calling in a stuntwoman profession. She became relatively famous, and was in high demand by filmmakers who didn't want to use obvious superpowered help on set. She eventually headed east, following several job offers from filmmakers developing series in Paragon. On the way home from a Steel Canyon bar one night, she was accosted by some Outcast thugs. A hooded vigilante came to her aid, taking down the few that she hadn't already defeated. Impressed by a crime fighter who didn't have any powers, Aubrey went home and created a costume. She showed up at the Hero Corps building to register, but found out that she wasn't what they were looking for. Once again, her stubbornness led her home. After adding fake cat ears and an animatronic tail to her outfit, she was welcomed into the superhero community, much to her chagrin.
Aubrey is typical of a ex-military person: stubborn, pragmatic, determined and paranoid. She has a deadly efficiency about her when fighting thugs on the street, leading many blogs to speculate that she has empathy issues and label her with the tags the media place on other ex-military persons.
Having no superpowers of her own, she has turned to her life experiences to craft devices to help even the odds with her opponents. She uses a variant of the Chinese Type-47 Assault Rifle that she was familiar with from her time with the Hawaiian military. She also has several other devices that she uses, of particular note being a hovering gun pod that has limited autonomy to engage targets. Tactics-wise, she will usually attack behind her allies, attempting to incapacitate underlings before using her heavier munitions against the leadership.
As of now, the only thing driving Aubrey forward is the thrill she gets fighting people stronger than her. She doesn't usually stay around after an arrest/incapacitation to gain any notoriety or fame, and most people don't even know that she is responsible for certain people being taken off the streets. Since she hasn't taken payment of any kind for bounties on targets, money isn't a factor either. Only time will tell if she finds a greater purpose to fight for.
- The Disaffected: The Disaffected contains several people that Aubrey knew when she was first starting out. Now, she is an unofficial member that the supergroup usually passes off information gleaned from their successful computer intrusions. This arrangement has worked wonderfully, with Aubrey getting new targets and the Disaffected taking out threats with minimal work on their part.
- Out of costume, only people with ties to Hollywood would have a chance of recognizing her.
- All weapons are usually carried on several harnesses or under her flak jacket.
- Kalis is her working name; she changed it from her Polynesian name upon entering the US.
- Has worked very hard to eliminate any Pidgin English, though it slips out sometimes.
- Is proud of her Polynesian roots; she hides it for anti-discrimination purposes.
- Theme Song: "Hi'ilawe" - Sudden Rush
- Has a fan page on the Otaku Network (and it annoys her to no end).
- HATES Catgirls with a passion.