From Unofficial Handbook of the Virtue Universe
|Player: @Talen Lee|
|Security Level:||Full Clearance|
|Real Name:||River Joachim St Andrew Daleson|
|Known Aliases:||The Rose Paladin|
|Eye Color:||Baby blue|
|Hair Color:||Action-Star Blonde|
|Place of Birth:||Chastity, Colorado|
|Base of Operations:||Daleson Estate, Rhode Island|
|Known Relatives:||Both parents, still alive|
|Spontaneous abiogenetic genetic manipulation|
|Skilled orator, advanced knowledge of biology and biological theory|
|No additional information available.|
Power and responsibility are never truly meted out in equal proportion. One always assumes more of one or the other than they can handle. The nature of mutation is to thrust unreasonable power upon individuals who have no means to accommodate it. In a more primal society, such development would have an obvious and bloody conclusion, but not so in the society of men. No, in a world where wolves try to walk as men, there is nothing so strained as a mutant's relationship with his own powers.
Battlebriar is a private, self-focused individual with a terroristic past. Formerly of the mutant separtist group Nation, he grew from an idealistic young man into a bitter introvert. Disillusioned and disgusted with the actions of most metahumans, Battlebriar has adopted a Not In My Backyard stance, living far away from most central locations. A self-imposed exile, Battlebriar demonstrates all the jaded cynicism one would expect of an old soldier.
Battlebriar is capable of creating short-lived life forms. Using this power, he is capable of creating knife-thorns that grow on his skin, and to create vines and thrashing creepers capable of constraining and limiting his opponents' movements. His entire biology is engineered to explore and expand upon this fundamental ability - he harvests DNA from around him, and is constantly shifting and reorganising DNA harvested from all biological sources he deals with.
To complement this ability, Battlebriar has learned a variety of martial arts maneuvers and has become very skilled at fighting with knives.
- Battlebriar is primarily a Vanguard Operative, and covered by Vanguard pardons. Vanguard operatives are likely to have dealt with him around the base.
- Battlebriar lives in the United States, where he is under investigation for no crimes.
- Battlebriar is occasionally commutes to the Etoile Islands, where he performs comissioned work for Crey industries, Vanguard, or Riot Gear.
- Battlebriar is technically wanted for questioning in relation to metahuman terrorism in Pakistan and several African nations.
- Battlebriar has appeared in a number of dog-breeding magazines and written opinion pieces on science education for national publications under his birth name of River Daleson.
- Battlebriar has invested in medical companies, a strip club, a fashion designer label and in Icon. He has few holdings in the Rogue Isles.
Eventually, the central theme of Battlebriar's story is that of selfishness. The Scarlet Cross failed because of his selfish pride, his joining of Nation was selfish. While he opened up and became ingratiated towards an idea of openness and focusing on other people rather than himself, he found that attitude burned by the selfishness of others - as Nation itself degenerated into a whole host of individuals who didn't actually want to contribute much IC or OOC. When he abandoned Nation for Arachnos, his dealings there with the fundamentally selfish organisation, lead to Briar abandoning all ideas of being part of something greater than himself.
Now, Battlebriar has everything he could want to take up a career as a mighty, impressive hero. He could cure diseases and thwart famines and change the world, but he just doesn't care. The whole of his world is himself and Soubrette, and he selfishly does not care about anything else.
- Battlebriar was my first 50, and it took me about 6 months of playing. Moreso than Moroii, he needed to be helped through the last 10 levels of the game
- When Battlebriar quit Nation, he had generated half a million prestige and was within the top four earners in the SG.