From Unofficial Handbook of the Virtue Universe
|The Galaxy Paladins|
|Founder: @ChIoro/Paladin Moon|
|Leader(s):||Paladin Sun and Paladin Moon (ICly), Paladin Moon and Paladin Mercury (OOCly).|
|Group Colours:||Gold and White|
|Play style:||Heavy roleplay themed supergroup. A mixture of mature and comical moments.|
|Roleplay:||Required. In character the majority of the time unless mentioned otherwise.|
|Timezone(s):||Mainly North American timezones, but all are welcomed.|
|Recruiting:||Yes. Several spots available.|
|No additional information available.|
Brief Background Story
Existing as unknown primordial Deities that are thought to exist since the beginning of time, every galaxy within the Universe is connected to an Entity; the overall manifestation of death and rebirth, creation and destruction, and the concepts of time and space within those specific galaxies. The Milky Way was no exception. Hiding inconspicuously within the Darkmatter of unperceived space, the Entity existed to see and know all, maintaining the galaxy's stability, and harmony of cause and reaction. However as the centuries past unknowingly, more and more sentient forces made their presence known within the galaxy as thieves, tyrants, and threats to the great balance - maintaining dires to take over planets, absorb the energy of stars and ruling what was not theirs. Dominating this hostility were a race known as the X'Restess.
Unable to directly interfere with such matters without threatening to destroy the balance by its own hand, the Entity would instead sever its own power into individual aspects, and seal them within special Crystals that were hurled into the currents of the solar system; the location of life and developing sentient beings. This had the unfortunate consequence of lessening the Entity's degree of omniscience and omnipresence over a period of time; willing to rely upon the eyes and ears of those it chose to grant its power to. Coming together by fate, the power of each crystal was founded and activated by individuals across many planets and moons, transforming them into super soldiers infused with the powers of the Galaxy. These were the first Galaxy Paladins. Gathered together as a great force and the proactive hand of the Entity, they were guided, trained and grew in power.. eventually defeating the X'Restess and preventing their endeavor in destroying the center of the solar system. The generation of Galaxy Paladins would continue to cycle; old lives ended and new galactic ancestors became destined to use the power of their founded crystal.
Into the modern age the presence of the Paladins were seldomly required in most locations of the galaxy - the production of advancing technology and intelligence, and evolution of ability, enabled peoples to more readily defend themselves from any threat looming over their homeworlds. Now in current day, with the Rikti threat continuously lingering despite Earth's efforts to consistantly foil their plans, the newest generation of Galaxy Paladins are being summoned by the Entity, those born with the Crystal within their souls have now been discovering them. While their main focus is Earth's constant harassment of Rikti, the Entity has primarily proceeded to guide the fourth generation of Paladins and allow them to grow stronger in preparation for the great threat ahead known as Batallion; a devasting future possibility of most worlds seeing their end within the Galaxy. Other than their vile example upon the Galaxy City disaster, the Entity knows much as it possibly can..and fears the worst. Can this potential fate be hindered?
The Paladin Crystals are where the Entity's powers are derived from. They exist within the core of each individual born and destined to unlock their power, and are released during climatic situations, or dire times of need. During rare circumstances the crystal's power is only partially unlocked, granting the body strange abilities without being physically revealed right away. Once discovered, the Crystal manifests as a physical catalyst small enough to fit within the human hand; its color reminiscent of that individual's Paladin Armor color. The power of any particular Paladin Crystal can not simply be activated by just anyone - only the individual destined as a galactic ancestor may do so without serious harm or great instability. By mentally willing the power within the crystal into their own bodies, each Paladin is capable of transforming into their Paladin Forms; enhanced versions of themselves in Paladin armor. In this form, they gain incredible abilities:
- A Paladin is surrounded by their unique Paladin Armor, a force both magical and celestial. It has the ability to alter perception, should the Paladin will it, and completely shield their identity.
- Mass displacement of the body occurs while transforming into Paladin form.
- The Paladin armor offers better protection from a variety of afflictions, and enhances overall durability and stamina.
- In Paladin form, overall strength, speed, agility and reflexes are enhanced to peak racial condition as well.
- The Paladin form grants unique individual abilities from specific Crystal energies that other Paladins are not capable of utilizing. Limited amounts of these abilities may also be experienced in Civilian form as well, though the full potential of which is only reachable in Paladin form.
- While in Paladin form, each Paladin gains access to a large telepathic network with other Paladins they have encountered, that emanates mutually from their crystals as an extension of the Entity's unified power.
- Only the Paladins themselves and those around their immediate proximity are capable of communicating with the Entity.
Paladin Moon - The first of the modern Paladins awakened within the Milky Way Galaxy. Jorron Xxentin is a young Tsellian from the Saturn moon Titan. He was instructed by the Entity to travel to Earth to locate and regroup other Paladins, where their base of operations is to be established for events to come. A loyal, tempermental and oddly nurturing individual, Jorron is smoothly adjusting to the culture of Earth and his identity as a growing galactic presence.
- The ability to manipulate and/or perceive the emotions of others.
- The ability to project tele-empathic bolts of psionic energy; an offensive method of his empathic ability.
- "Moonlight channeling", a form of limited gravity manipulation that enables him to levitate himself, or repel enemies by negating the gravitational pull of Earth's moon for very small periods of time.
- Psychometry, enabling him to view vague past events and details surrounding specific objects or people.
- Heightened intuition, more prominently expressing itself through lie detection or danger sense during certain circumstances.
Paladin Mercury -
Rikti - An extremely concentrated nuisance within Paragon City and the Rogue Isles, the Rikti are still held accountable for deaths, missing heroes, invasion and city-wide attacks. Thankfully due to the efforts of the numerous heroes of Earth, the Rikti are seldomly considered a primary threat in current day, though their threat in general lingers.
Battalion - Battalion is the name of "The Coming Storm". While it is not certain what this force is specifically, it has come to light that the Menders may retain information regarding Batallion that no one else has access to. It is for this reason that within many, their earned trust is rapidly waning.
Black Maelstrom - The Black Maelstrom are an organization of whom are believed to be unidentified alien beings currently based at a hidden location on Earth. They plan to see that the Batallion wave comes to fruition as they plan to plunder the aftermath for their own twisted ambitions of power. Black Maelstrom is growing to be a common enemy against the Paladins, and routinely attempt to destroy everything they stand for with monstrous, scientifically created Agents capable of great harm. Their leader has never been identified. It is assumed that Black Maelstrom do not have access to the same knowledge that the Menders do regarding the Batallion.
Out Of Character
So you want to join? Follow these steps:
- Read the information provided on this page and ensure you understand the basic guidelines and story in order to properly fit your character into the roleplay.
- Contact @ChIoro (Paladin Moon) in-game by tell or e-mail and acknowledge the Paladin you are interested in playing.
- Ensure powersets are proper and your character's backstory is sensible. You will need to provide an e-mail address to which the costume file is to be sent through.
- Do not create the character and assume you have it without the official okay.
- If you can not make the character right away for whatever reason, the position will be reserved for a maximum of one week.
- Rating and Theme: This roleplay combines some of the goofiness of Sailor Moon/Power Rangers-natured teaming, and more mature settings that contain deep roleplay plots and adult situations. Tact is highly recommended regarding when and where certain phenomena will take place.
- Activity: Players should be active once or twice a week (active meaning being involved in roleplay or missions, and not just popping in-game for five minutes to reset the "Last Seen" column of the supergroup list). After sixty days of inactivity without given reason, your place may be replaced or dismissed. The main Paladin names (Sun, Moon, Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, Pluto) should be especially active and played only by players who know they can be consistant amongst their other obligations.
- Ranking: While earning prestige in supergroup mode is not specifically mandatory, it is required for gaining higher out of character supergroup ranks. There is no point in NOT playing in supergroup mode.
- Fun: Have fun or you will be kicked out! Seriously though, at the end of the day this is just roleplay, and is not intended to be so heavy it causes anxiety. Relax and have fun running around as a SailorPowerMoonRanger.
- Name and Origin: Names of Paladin characters must use proper spelling and capitalization. Where "Paladin Jupiter" is acceptable, "Paladin neptune" is not. Due to the nature of the roleplay, origins may be either magic or natural.
- Attributes and Age: Characters of all races, religions, orientations and lifestyles are welcomed within tactful and believable boundaries. It is recommended that characters be 18+, however 16 is the bare minimum and should only be used with deep character stories or relations. Overly tiny or huge characters that defy a certain sense of believability or mesh of theme are not recommended.
- Costume: One slot is to be reserved for a mandatory, individual Paladin costume depending on the chosen concept. This will be sent to players premade. DO NOT change any statistic or element of the costume other than the face and skin tone (not even the body type) to match your character. Minor color changes are possible within good reason. The main color theme of each Paladin is listed below in Paladin Concepts.
- Powersets: Depending on the chosen Paladin role you decide your character will fill, certain powerset choices are required/limited to that particular PRIMARY role. A SECONDARY version of your Paladin is allowed automatically upon joining the supergroup. This secondary version may use powersets that are not directly required, but still make sense with your Paladin's theme if it can be explained as possible. This includes the manipulation of power colors to find desired effects. For example, Paladin Neptune is required to have an Illusion Control powerset version as its primary power. However, the second version of the character could possibly be made as a Staff Fighting melee character utilizing the Trident weapon to connect to the theme of Neptune/Poseidon. These are listed below in Paladin Concepts.
- Personality traits and other abilities: For more flavor of character, it is recommended to incorporate some sort of connection between what each Paladin represents and some of the more prominent or unexpected personality traits a character may express. For example, Paladin Uranus may be a freedom-loving, somewhat oddball idealist who has a knack for inventing things or show even a slight degree of one or more of these traits. While your Paladin gains special abilities in Paladin form, they may also develop other minor/non-combat abilities in addition that powersets may not be able to express, even if to a lesser degree in civilian form. For example, Paladin Uranus may occasionally have visions of possible future events, or gather immediate invention ideas in a technopathic/supernatural way. Long as it fits the theme of the Paladin and is reasonable, they are possibly capable of it.
(Note that these may be subject to change.)
Paladin Sun (Gold)
- Concept: Life-force, warmth, energy, creativity, courage, the present.
- Primary Powersets:' Thermal Radiation, Energy Blast, Energy Manipulation, Fire Control and Fire Blast in any combination.
Paladin Moon (Silver)
- Concept: Emotions, thoughts, domesticity, motherhood, the past.
- Primary Powersets: Empathy with a primary or secondary powerset that fits the concept.
Paladin Mercury (Yellow)
- Concept: Speed, travel, intelligence, communication.
- Primary Powersets: Super Reflexes, Martial Arts and Street Justice in any combination. Speed pool is highly recommended.
Paladin Venus (Pink)
- Concept: Love, beauty, harmony, charm, the arts.
- Primary Powersets: Mind Control, Sonic Resonance, Radiation Emission and Sonic Attack in any combination.
Paladin Earth (Brown)
- Concept: Fauna, the life cycle, Mother Earth.
- Primary Powersets: Beast Mastery with a secondary powerset that fits the concept.
Paladin Mars (Red)
- Concept: Anger, fire, war, courage, battle.
- Primary Powersets: Fire powersets. Fiery Melee especially encouraged.
Paladin Jupiter (Green)
- Concept: Power, strength, expansion, good luck, thunder, the Heavens.
- Primary Powersets: Electric Melee with a primary or secondary powerset that fits the concept.
Paladin Saturn (Dark Green)
- Concept: Disipline, conformity, the public, limitations, barriers, earth.
- Primary Powersets: Earth Control, Force Field, Earth Assault and Gravity Control in any combination.
Paladin Uranus (Cyan)
- Concept: Freedom, invention, electricity, humanity, the sky, the future.
- Primary Powersets: Storm Summoning with a primary or secondary powerset that fits the concept. Flight pool is highly recommended.
Paladin Neptune (Blue)
- Concept: Water, dreams, illusion, deception, fantasy.
- Primary Powersets: Illusion Control with a secondary powerset that fits the concept.
Paladin Pluto (Black)
- Concept: Death, regeneration, power, mysticism, the Underworld.
- Primary Powersets: Necromancy or Demon Summoning with a secondary powerset that fits the concept.
Paladin Ceres (Violet/Purple)
- Concept: Agriculture, flora, harvest, the seasons.
- Primary Powersets: Plant Control with a primary or secondary powerset that fits the concept.
Paladin Orcus (Dark Blue)
- Concept: Oathes, the supernatual, the Underworld.
- Primary Powersets: Darkness Control with a secondary powerset that fits the concept.
Paladin Eris (Dark Red)
- Concept: Chaos, misfortune, randomness.
- Primary Powersets: Dark Miasma or Darkness Affinity with a primary or secondary powerset that fits the concept.
Paladin Pallas (?)
- Concept: Protection, barricades, shielding.
- Primary Powersets: Shield Defense with a primary or secondary powerset that fits the concept.
Paladin Haumea (?)
- Concept: Fertility, birth, childhood, motherhood.
- Primary Powersets: -
Paladin Makemake (?)
- Concept: Fertility, islands, chimeras, the creation of humanity.
- Primary Powersets: -
Paladin Sedna (Aqua)
- Concept: Marine animals, cold waters, the ocean depths.
- Primary Powersets: Ice powersets. Ranged especially encouraged.
Paladin Vesta (Orange)
- Concept: Home, fire, The hearth.
- Primary Powersets: Fire Control or Fire Blast with a secondary powerset that fits the concept.
Paladin Quaoar (Dark Purple/Violet)
- Concept: Sentience, life, beginnings, the timeline.
- Primary Powersets: Time Manipulation with a primary or secondary powerset that fits the concept.