Player: @First Player
NAME: Isiah Pope
EYE COLOR: Brown
HAIR COLOR: Black
OCCUPATION: Construction worker, vigilante
POWERS: Transformation of body into gold-like substance granting superhuman resistance and durability
Superhuman strength and stamina
While Kings Row wasn't the greatest place to raise a family, Louisa Pope made it work. A single mother raising two kids on a shoestring budget, Louisa was often pushed to her limits and pulled in several different directions but somehow, she always seemed to prevail. Born five years before his sister Kendra, Isiah never knew his father. He only ever had vague, fuzzy memories of him. He didn’t even know what he looked like as his mother never kept any pictures of him around. She rarely ever mentioned him but Isiah got the feeling he was someone dangerous. But he never pressed the issue as it never bothered him. He had everything he needed.
Sadly, his mother was taken from his sister and he when she was caught in the crossfire of a shootout outside a convenience store when he was just a teenager. The death of his mother shook him to his core and he would never view the world the same way again.
Hardened by the loss, Isiah was left to care for his sister by himself. Luckily he’d only just become of legal age so he was able to find employment moving furniture. Unable to afford college, Isiah found himself stuck in a rut, trapped in The Row and unable to escape. Supporting his sister at such a young age was hard, but he never turned to crime. An intense hatred of the element and the people who’d taken his mother from him kept him out of the life. But living in Kings Row made it impossible to avoid it completely. Alton “Prophet” Simms was a member of the 88’s, a street gang on the come-up. Prophet tried selling his younger sister drugs while she was on her way home from school one day and when Isiah heard about this, he confronted him in the street with a baseball bat. His crew underestimated Isiah’s fortitude and laughed him off. Until he swung and smashed Prophet's knee with the aluminum bat. Taking advantage of their surprise, Isiah took off running.
He sprinted until he reached the end of the neighborhood, which was cordoned off from the rest of The Row by a massive quarry. Just a few weeks prior, the quarry was created when the radiation-wielding super-villain Kiloton exploded. Deciding to hide in the the quarry, Isiah hopped a chain-link fence to escape his pursuers, however his gold necklace, the last gift his mother had given him before she died, got snagged on the fence and was pulled from his neck. He didn’t notice he'd lost it until he was halfway home and decided to go back and search for it.
Eventually, he found it hanging off an exposed pipe on the edge of the crater. He managed to grab it, but lost his footing when the ground gave way and he fell, hitting his head hard as he slid down the rock face. The quarry had been cordoned off for good reason. Unbeknownst to the world at large, a vast mega-corporation called Obsidian International had been illegally dumping toxic chemicals into the sewer runoff system underground for years. It seeped into the ground and the creation of the quarry had uncovered it. The lingering radiation from Kiloton’s explosion mixed with the mutagenic toxic waste and exposed osmium deposits in the ground washed over Isiah as he clutched the necklace in his hand before he fell unconscious.
Awakening several hours later, Isiah managed to climb out of the quarry and groggily made his way home. On the way however, he got snatched up by Prophet and his crew who’d been looking for him since he gave them the slip earlier that day.
They dragged him into an alley and held him down as Simms pulled a gun from his waistband. Closing his eyes and bracing himself for death, Isiah flinched when he heard the gun go off but felt what felt like a paperclip hit him and then he heard a scream. When he opened his eyes, he was shocked to find his body had changed. His skin had become solid gold. The bullet had bounced off him and ricocheted into Prophet’s good leg. With a newfound strength, Isiah easily overpowered the thugs holding him down, tossing them aside before running away.
Days later, Isiah found out the police had caught Prophet and his crew in that alley. During the several weeks following, he found he could shift his entire body into a form of organic metal. Not only that, but in this form he was granted superhuman strength as well. Adopting the alias Gold and donning a distinctive costume, Isiah launched a career as a super-powered vigilante.
Enhanced Physiology: Isiah possesses the superhuman ability to convert the tissue of his entire body into an organic substance. Contrary to popular belief, it isn't actually the element gold - it only appears as such. This often leads to his enemies underestimating his level of durability. The substance resembling gold is actually of unknown composition but appears to be more analogous to osmium. He is able to transform into this armor-like state at will (the process is virtually instantaneous) and remain in that form indefinitely. Once in his armored form he remains so until he consciously wills himself back to normal. If he is rendered unconscious, however, he spontaneously reverts to his normal form.
Organic Metal Form: Isiah must transform his entire body into this armored state; he cannot transform only a portion of his body. While his height remains the same, his weight is more than doubled. While in the armored state, Isiah possesses the same degree of mobility that he does in his normal form, though his endurance and stamina are enhanced.
● Superhuman Strength: After transforming into his armored state, Isiah possesses vast superhuman strength and is able to lift at least ten tons, though the upper limits of his abilities are as of yet untested.
● Superhuman Stamina: Also, while in armored form, Isiah's musculature produces considerably less fatigue toxins than the musculature of a normal human. At his peak, he can physically exert himself at peak capacity for several hours before the build up of fatigue toxins in his blood begins to impair him.
● Superhuman Durability: In his armored form, Isiah has a high degree of imperviousness to physical injury. His armored form can withstand nearly all forms of ballistic penetration. While in his armored form he is immune to extremely low or extremely high temperatures. He can also survive falls from great heights.
- The Big Guy - Standing at an approximate height of 6'5" and weighing 250 lb, Isiah is already a physically imposing individual. But when he's armored up and invulnerable he projects an even more intimidating aura. Just the fact that he's able to throw multiple grown men around with little effort goes a long way in his line of work.
- Immune to Bullets - Conventional ammunition just doesn't phase him. Even his eyes become metal-like, his eyeballs on one occasion even withstanding and deflecting the impact of a .45 caliber bullet.
- We Help The Helpless - Isiah considers it his duty to use his abilities to protect the people close to him and those unable to protect themselves.
- Does Not Like Guns - As his mother was a victim of gun violence, Isiah abhors the use of firearms. Any time he gets his hands on a gun, it's so that he can eject the bullets and throw it away or just break it completely.