| Mirror Mimicry
| Player: @Lakevren
| Personal Data
| Real Name:
|| Basil Whistler
| Known Aliases:
|| Ghost of Caen, Gerard Duverger, Kendrick Whistler, Viktor Ohnesorge, "Mirror Mimicry"
|| Appearance of late 20s, suspected to be over 35. Real age is 44.
|| 6’1” / 215 lbs.
| Eye/Hair Color:
|| Real Color is Green / Dark Blond
|| Various countries, all are seemingly legit, yet are really forgeries. Originally a natural citizen of United Kingdom.
| Current Residence:
| Marital Status:
| Known Relatives:
|| Stephanie Whistler (Sister, Deceased)
| Known Powers
| Training / Abilities
| •Various Firearms•|
"I always hold all the cards"
In the businesses of black market and the underground, he is known as “Mimicry”. His Modus Operandi is to gather information through various methods and sell them to the highest bidder, whether it is through money, technology, tools, weapons, or even other information. Characters are Mirror Mimicry (Assault Rifle/Electricity Manipulation) and Mirror-Mimicry (Dual Pistols/Electricity Manipulation). Inspirations are mostly espionage-type characters and cyberpunk in general.
This is a Work in Progress
"One who deceives will always find those who allow themselves to be deceived"
Mimicry has two personalities; a primary and a secondary personality. MBTI is INTJ  for the primary personality.
The primary personality is the real Mimicry and is rather stoic, discompassionate, and incredibly misanthropic. He does not show any signs of extreme emotions and generally only shows the most neutral emotions such as apathy, annoyance, boredom, curiosity, and interest. He is rather cunning, showing incredible intelligence and is all too aware of this to a point of being silently prideful of it. Perfectionism is a trait that Mimicry shows often, but subtly, as he only has regards of efficiency. He quite dislikes to depend on others where he would rather do everything himself, as he considers himself most reliable and most efficient. If he has a goal or mission to complete, it is adamant for him to complete it in the most efficient way. Distractions cannot be an option for him.
The secondary personality acts as a disposable tool for the primary personality. “It” can be a multitude of personalities, even as other real people. However, the secondary personality is unaware of the primary personality, where the primary personality has complete control. Often the primary personality goes dormant when it needs to, but is ultimately the puppet master for the secondary personality.
"To outsiders, INTJs may appear to project an aura of "definiteness", of self-confidence. This self-confidence, sometimes mistaken for simple arrogance by the less decisive, is actually of a very specific rather than a general nature; its source lies in the specialized knowledge systems that most INTJs start building at an early age. When it comes to their own areas of expertise -- and INTJs can have several -- they will be able to tell you almost immediately whether or not they can help you, and if so, how. INTJs know what they know, and perhaps still more importantly, they know what they don't know.
INTJs are perfectionists, with a seemingly endless capacity for improving upon anything that takes their interest. What prevents them from becoming chronically bogged down in this pursuit of perfection is the pragmatism so characteristic of the type: INTJs apply (often ruthlessly) the criterion "Does it work?" to everything from their own research efforts to the prevailing social norms. This in turn produces an unusual independence of mind, freeing the INTJ from the constraints of authority, convention, or sentiment for its own sake.
INTJs can be unsparing of both themselves and the others on the project. Anyone considered to be "slacking," including superiors, will lose their respect -- and will generally be made aware of this; INTJs have also been known to take it upon themselves to implement critical decisions without consulting their supervisors or co-workers. On the other hand, they do tend to be scrupulous and even-handed about recognizing the individual contributions that have gone into a project, and have a gift for seizing opportunities which others might not even notice."
Mimicry’s speech when in his primary personality is usually monotone, and incredibly dry. Due to this, his sarcasm may not be recognized at all. The way he speaks English is a cross between American English and British English and refrains from using contractions such as "don't", "can't", "I'm", or "won't". Pronunciation of his words are very clear and distinct and slurring is a rarity in his speech. He also has an odd ability of producing very different, yet realistic, voice tones, including some which may be female. This voice tone ability has always been the case even as a child, though with limited extent when he was younger.
"Three may keep a secret, if two of them are dead."
Not much is known of Mimicry’s past before 1996, not his real name, his real face, or at all his real identity. What adds to this is his past face surgeries. Those who have followed his tracks traced his first identity as Kendrick Whistler, a British citizen working for the Government Communications Headquarters (GCHQ). Apparently, he has information on many organizations, including Arachnos, Council, 5th Column, Longbow, Vanguard, Crey, Malta, Knives of Artemis, Wyvern, and various intelligence agencies of various countries.
Some details, all of which are OOC information and should not be used ICly, at all, without permission:
- Real name is Basil Whistler. He hated his name "Basil". Most pronounced it as "Bei sil" or "Bae sil" (same pronunciation), although it was actually "Bah sil".
- Currently 42 years old, but several self-inflicted gene therapy has caused him to reverse and slow aging, as well as change his natural hair color. Due to this, his DNA does not match with a DNA profile of Basil Whistler. His face changed six times due to specialized face surgeries.
- Diagnosed with alexithymia.
- Has artificial and semi-limited eidetic memory. Does not inflate his intellectual prowess.
- Previously employed by SAS and SIS (the latter better known as the British Secret Service, or MI6). Prior to that, it was the British Army as part of an Engineer Brigade.
- An accident during an SAS mission caused him to be critically wounded. The result was a missing right arm, much of his right torso seared, and a very unrecognizable face. He also suffered massive head trauma.
Mimicry is an exceptional polymath, and his intelligence is nearly unmatched. Having the knowledge of not only infiltrating into dangerous organizations, he is also quite an engineer and tactician. Much of Mimicry's abilities come from his suit and any body modifications. He is more of a tactician and engineer than a master assassin. The tools that help him enable him to perform the most delicate tasks. Without his equipment and modifications, he remains to be merely above average in combat prowess.
This dual personality proves to be incredibly useful against psychics, as only the most powerful psychics can penetrate the façade. While most people who are interrogated by psychics try to resist the invasion of the mind, Mimicry simply avoids it. It is termed “psychic evasion”, which proves to be more useful than it sounds. Should a psychic interrogate him, Mimicry will be seen as innocent as he knows absolutely nothing, rather be held for suspicion as those who resist the psychic interrogation. Psychics who can analyze memory, however, may spot memory holes, which can lead to suspicion as Mimicry’s secondary personality does not have complete memories. He also cannot perform this on the spot. He must make a persona or "revive" previous "personae" in order to do so. "Reviving" an existing one requires at the very least an hour of preparation. Creating new personae takes at the very least 12 hours and are usually created with certain traits of old personae. Entirely new personae requires at the very least three days of preparation. Most new personae creations take two weeks. He can, however, switch very easily from his façade of a persona and back to Mimicry often and near instantaneously, provided the persona is ready.
Although he has seen combat and is well-experienced, much of his excellence in combat as Mirror Mimicry derives from his technology, not of his own ability.
- During his service in SAS, he had several top times in training course sessions.
- Relatively poor sniper, uses VRD (below) to compensate. Above average aim in other areas.
Part of obtaining intelligence is obtaining it from people. Much like Mimicry can easily crack a computer, he can also crack human minds. Much of his methods are brutal, some of which result in death. Most of the time, however, he receives the information, then he executes the torture victim unless a ransom is paid. His methods vary, most of which are old fashioned, such as drug usage and simple physical mutilation. If, however, this does not work, his last resort is to use the victim's brain with a certain type of equipment that scans memories. In order to use this, however, the brain must be extracted from the body. Depending on the type of information, the scanning may take weeks to months, or even years if the information is very old. Detail of the information is lost if the victim considers the memory as unimportant and worthless.
Technology and Equipment
"Entrepreneurs are simply those who understand that there is little difference between obstacle and opportunity and are able to turn both to their advantage"
Most of the equipment Mimicry carries are derived from stolen technology and heavily modified to suit his needs. The resources to create or modify such things usually come from work bartering, where Mimicry usually supplies information or black-ops work, and the other party would supply him manufactured equipment and/or blueprints (where he can later somehow manufacture it himself).
Mimicry has a variety of firearms, all with modifications. The inside of the barrels are coated with a specialized chrome-like alloy that not only resists most types of corrosion, but also fully-resists gunpowder residue from sticking to the barrel. The rifle barrels of the guns that usually take the standard 5.56mm NATO rounds are specifically customized to fire the 6.8mm Remington SPC cartridge and the 6.5mm Grendel cartridge. These cartridges contain specialized gel gunpowder that gives much higher power than regular powder, producing more energy and velocity. It also fully burns and leaves virtually no residue. Firearms that do not take the 5.56mm NATO rounds have their fitted corresponding ammunition filled with the gel powder. Mimicry makes or obtains several types of bullets, depending on his need. He has hollow-point, FMJ, incendiary, uranium bullets (for close, heavy hitting), and even plasma-cored bullets. He designed the modifications of the firearms himself, and had the modifications implemented through an intelligence trade.
Mimicry has the following Firearms:
- Heckler & Koch HK417 - Battle Rifle, uses 7.62mm NATO. Often uses it in single or burst.
- Heckler & Koch HK416 - Carbine, uses both the 6.8mm and 6.5mm; Able to use the 5.56mm NATO
- Heckler & Koch MP7 - Submachine Gun, Uses a proprietary 4.6x30mm cartridge
- TDI Vector "Kriss" - Submachine Gun, uses the .45 ACP
- AMP Technical Services DSR-1 and DSR-50 - Sniper Rifle, uses the 7.62mm NATO
- McMillan Tac-50 - Anti-Material Sniper Rifle, uses the .50 BMG
- Heckler & Koch Mk.23 Mod 0 - Semi-Automatic Pistol, uses .45 ACP
- Mateba Autorevolver - Revolver, uses .44 Magnum
Mimicry uses numerous firearms, a few of which utilizes caseless ammunition and a very effective gel-like propellant, slightly different from but more similar to the gel gunpowder mentioned beforehand. However, these guns are specially and specifically customized for integration with his armour. The propellant has a very high burning temperature to prevent spontaneous explosions. The primer is also different, as it is engaged by an electronic firing mechanism instead of a standard percussion cap. Due to the electronic firing mechanism, his weapons has increased accuracy. Mimicry tends to use very heavy and dense metals for use as bullets (such as tungsten, bismuth, and depleted uranium, and a unique osmium alloy) as well as having large calibers (from .40 to .67 cal), and therefore needs very highly effective propellant. This has the disadvantage of having an incredibly high recoil. Much of these weapons will tear wrists apart if used without conjunction with the suit. Details of the weapons are listed below: (To be listed soon)
Armament Counter-Recoil Extension
Shortened as ACRE, the Armament Counter-Recoil Extension provides a reduction in recoil with the gun in use. It does this by using an opposite directional force upon the wearer's arm. There are two versions of these: One that is integrated with the suit, and another that can be worn alone. ACRE can be adjusted so some recoil force is allowed.
The Mjolnir gloves are heavy-fibered gloves with thick silver plates that surge great volts of electricity. Within the gloves is a dart attached to a wire which is magnetically propelled, acting as a very lethal taser or even a defibrillator. The dart can also attach to several wires, creating an electrical net for capturing enemies. Some of it is based on some Malta technology, including the Bio Energy Feedback Inducer.  It also incorporates some of Nikola Tesla's findings. This weapon of choice is perfect for eliminating super-humans, as they often succumb to the gloves' highly potent effects. Its amperage is adjustable, where he can either disable or kill with the electricity it generates.
The fiber mask is composed mostly of a foam-like cushion, a nano-fiber mesh, and plain cotton cloth. The nano-fiber mesh makes it as effective as a ballistic helmet, perhaps even more so as most ballistic helmets tend to position out of place while the fiber mask does not. It also supports a filter breathing system. Attached with the mask are eye goggles, supporting a Virtual Retinal Display (VRD) and a very advanced nano-computer. The lenses on the eye goggles tilt slightly in angle with the wearer's eyes.
There are two nano-computers in the suit. One is the nano-computer located at the temple of the mask, which is a perfected low-performance miniaturized quantum computer. The other is a larger, high-performance quantum computer located at the back of the neck of the main suit. He regards them as L-comp and H-comp, respectively. L-comp serves as a regulating system for the suit. H-comp computers calculations for code breaking, analyzation, data retrieval, and minor simulations. Should L-comp fail, H-comp can easily be used as a backup for regulating the suit's systems. Should the H-comp fail, however, the Mainframe computer takes the role of the H-comp.
Virtual Retinal Display (VRD)
The display includes various information, and can also alter the wearer's vision.
It includes the following, mostly processed by the nano-computer:
- Low-noise variable night vision
- Emotional Response polygraph - measuring heartbeat, pupil dilation, body heat and moisture, and voice tone
- 290-degree field of vision
- Danger response system
- Adaptable Navigation System
- Targeting system, including MOA calculation
- Varying degrees of the light spectrum, including infrared, x-ray, and ultraviolet
- Can track and trace bullet fire. Due to this, he has no use for tracer rounds.
The Warden System is the basic system for a collection of nano-computers, including the one in his suit and mask. The suit computers (both L and H comp) integrate with the primary computer (M-comp, for mainframe). All information processed are synchronized and there is very minimal latency (picoseconds, not micro or nano seconds).
The armour serves as protection as well as functioning similarly to an exoskeleton. Much of its construct is out of carbon nanotubes which are around four to six times stronger than kevlar by weight, and also decreases the volume compared to kevlar. It is also naturally fire-resistant.
- Flex Suit
- The Flex Suit contains around 25 different layers of the fiber mesh with each layer having a unique property and purpose. It is strong enough to stop .50 cal BMG round penetration. It can also stop 20mm rounds, but will incur hefty damage. Each layer is different for different purposes. Underneath the nanofibers is a foam-like cushion padding similar to the fiber mask. It weighs approximately 38 lbs.
- Nano-fiber Undersuit
- The undersuit contains around six layers of the fiber mesh. It is enough to stop 5.56mm NATO round penetration. It also has a reinforced variant, with nine layers instead of six, being able to stop even 7.62mm NATO rounds. Sewn in with the fiber mesh is the foam-like padded cushion. In between the layers are certain electronics and wires, connecting the whole system to the L and H comp. It weighs 10 lbs. and the reinforced weighs 16 lbs.
The suits are powered by a battery containing a solidified fuel. However, it must be at a certain pressure, or else it will liquify and expand. This battery is easily rechargeable by many sources. It is located at the back near the belt. At the rear of all of the suits are variable radiator plates. They are the exhaust system of the suit to prevent his equipment from overheating. There are several radiator plates, all in differing in sizes. To prevent detection from thermal or night vision, only one radiator plate will function. Other radiator plates will function as needed, should the suit need to displace large amounts of heat. The heat will come from the function of his Mjolnir gloves, or the usage of strength such as firing his high-recoil firearms. The heat also has a dual utility as energy generation. The cloaking coat (mentioned below) also hides the heat.
The suits serve as a type of exoskeleton for Mimicry, as it can amplify his strength ten-fold.
- External Coat - The black trench coat that Mimicry wears enables him to be cloaked. It includes visual, thermal, and motion cloaking. It also includes dynamic sound dampening technology. The invisibility is achieved by dispersing specialized particles that cover the wearer, and produces a form by an electromagnetic field. However, it can be disrupted by moving too quickly, or by rain. Although it works fine enough in rain, keen observers can see the particles losing and regaining the form, which can be a giveaway. This trench coat holds many other equipment, such as needles, syringes, scalpel, several kinds of drugs (both harmful and beneficial), fibre wire (for choking), ammunition, grenades, other firearms, extra radiator plates, and extra batteries. It also includes other things that are listed below. It also has a second kind of cloaking, which uses much less energy, however he must stay still and works best in the dark. All the cloaking devices produce large amount of heat transferred to the radiator plates. It serves as an extra layer of armour, having six layers of the nanofiber mesh. It also serves as a "solar blanket", effectively containing millions of solar cells scattered on the upper-most layer. However, the solar blanket cannot work while cloaked. It weighs approximately 15 lbs. without accessories.
- Eradication Utility - This is more of a bomb, and can be used offensively, but is not intended to. Over the years, this bomb has changed, but its purpose remains the same: it eradicates living or once living tissue, usually to remove evidence. Originally, it was a type of radioactive bomb, and was used in the "Ghost of Caen" incident, with a draw back of heavy radioactivity that lasts for several years. However, now it is simply filled with bacteria that eats living or once living tissue and can eat a whole human body in two minutes. Fortunately, the bacteria starves to death within ten minutes, so it does not linger. It will keep eating and multiplying, and due to this will starve and start to eat each other. Mimicry now uses a germicidal UVC lamp to exterminate the remaining bacteria as a precaution of bacterial mutation.
The Forge is his personal base of operations. It is best described as a "warehouse of experiments".
As he cannot do everything himself (although he tries to), he relies on certain subordinates, all of whom he considers as expendable. (NPCs)
Note: Threat number is from a scale of 1 to 5, 1 being the highest threat. A number of 5 indicates a minor threat, but only minimal precaution is necessary.
- Crey Industries - They consider Mirror Mimicry a high level of threat, due to destruction, theft, and covert alteration of Crey property. Although Mimicry's "business" with Crey is finished, Crey Industries wishes to eliminate the threat. Mimicry also has factual knowledge about the "so-called" Countess Crey. Threat Number of 5.
- Malta Group - Mirror Mimicry acted as a double agent against Malta. Although Malta knows of what damage Mimicry did to them, they do not know exactly who Mimicry was posing as during his operations as a double agent due to Malta having several agents of their own. The target organization (and also the contractor) was MI6. Threat Number of 3.
- Arachnos - Threat Number of 3. Information to be included soon.
Influences and Trivia
- The nano fiber armour is heavily based on the nanosuit from Crysis 1 and 2.
- The character Mirror Mimicry himself is not heavily based on a single character as influence, but from numerous characters.
- There are two versions of Mirror Mimicry in City of Heroes: Assault Rifle and Electricity Manipulation Blaster is named Mirror Mimicry, however this character has largely been shelved. The replacement, Mirror-Mimicry, is Dual Pistols and Electricity Manipulation, still keeping the whole Mjolnir system of electricity as the secondary. This decision was due to the eventual boredom of assault rifle and its relatively outrageous combined arsenal, such as shotgun, flamethrower, grenade launcher and whatever else as well as the incredibly static animation.
- I actually try to keep many things scientifically accurate as possible, with the best of my knowledge, as well as incorporating possible future-science. I do include some science-fiction details, but largely keeping it realistic.
- ↑ Myers Briggs-Type Indicator. INTJ is Introverted Intuitive Thinking Judging.
- ↑ The sapper weapon. The Mjolnir gloves also explain his electric manipulation secondary.