From Unofficial Handbook of the Virtue Universe
|Last image captured by a Skyway City bank camera before it was shot out.|
|Real Name:||Nick Copelin|
|Known Aliases:|| Nick Rogers, Jeremy Kane, John Sheppard, "Midnight Bravo Black"
|Hair Color:||dark brown|
|Occupation:||Black Magic Mercenary/Private Detective/Contractor|
|Place of Birth:||Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada|
|Known Relatives:||Melissa Reiss- fiancée|
|Various magical spells cast by a dark charm burned into his wrist including dark energy manipulation, fear inducing and teleportation. These powers get stronger the angrier/upset he becomes.|
|Military Training, Police/Special Weapons Training. Excellent marksman. Fair/Lucky hand to hand fighter(Krav Maga/Judo/Knife fighting). Investigative method, very good sketch artist. Stubborn as hell. Leader of men!|
|Custom 1911a1 Pistols, Glock Field Knives, Custom Tactical Armored Vest + Rig and countless other tools he's picked up along the way.|
Is he just an illusion? An echo of a dark device set loose upon the Isles again? A time traveling double? Or is he just an undercover cop that's gone native to secure his own interests? Who knows....
Nicky carries a leatherbound journal with him at all times. He can usually be seen in the D writing various notes in it. Anything ranging from personal thoughts, observations to detailed mission plans. Nick will include anything he deems relevant to a case he's working on like photos, business cards, newspaper clippings and receipts.
Journal Entry One: Date unspecified. Eyes Open. For the first time, my eyes are open. The Department Psych has told me that writing it out will help me with my loss. I will grieve better if I get better in touch with myself. Fuck her. I'm sure as hell not going to grieve. Melissa is not gone. She did not leave me. Something else is at work.
The phrase 'The truth' has been almost etched into either side of this entry. A newspaper article from the B section of the Vancouver Province is attached to this entry. The date cannot be seen, but the pictures show a burnt out building with the headline *"Explosion damages warehouse district."
Journal Entry Two: Date unspecified. I've been given the month off. The Sarge claims "my head isn't in the game." His way of saying he wants me to stop pistol whipping suspects. I grinned to myself as I watched that punk pick up his teeth in the middle of the street that night. He wouldn't tell me what I needed. The truth is being covered up from me. This is something bigger than just Melissa.
- the number 1611 is written in the side of this entry several times. A Vancouver Sun clipping is included. The headline reads "Arsonist Blamed for Warehouse Explosion." This has been crossed out with red pen.
Journal Entry (Number difficult to read) : Date unspecified. I resigned my commission the other day. The Inspector shook my hand and said he was sad to see me go. I almost broke his hand when I returned the shake. I have two weeks to bleed me internal department contacts dry before I leave. My "external" contacts are a lot more forthcoming, since I maxed out my line of credit. I've always been opened minded, but what I'm hearing is just staggering. Rogue ice mages, Special Enforcement Agencies and Dark magic? Holy Christ.
- grainy Surveillance photos of two 'strange' looking people meeting in a dark corner are attached to this entry with a business card for a curio dealer in Vancouver's West Side. A few miscellaneous receipts from Home Depot are attached as well as a large drink tab from a local pub
Journal Entry (Number impossible to read) : November 16th, 2007 Made land in the States just as the 16th came in. Her birthday. I bought a bouquet of roses from a streetside vendor. I sat by the pier and promised her I'd find her. No matter what happens. I met with my Stateside contact this afternoon. The merchandise is good. Almost better than what I specified. The price he's offering is near criminal, but at this point it's something I'm going to have to get used to. It's nice to see the bastard collection of 1911 parts come together in harmony. 15000 MRBF ? That's a wonderful dream. I should get a guaranteed in writing. Unlikely.
- With some impressive sketching skills, a small drawing of a young woman with short hair and bright eyes sits in the top corner of this entry. This is the same woman in the photo Rogers carries with him at all times. An old clipping from the January 07 edition of the Paragon Times shows a hero freezing a Valizok Reaper with the headline "Heroic Duo Saves Water Supply". *Another article below it is from a more recent paper, dated September 28th 07. Headline reads "Heroes recently reaching Omega Level Security." Only one name is circled in red pen: The HotShotKid.
Journal Entry 107 : Date unspecified I'm still recovering from the rush of robbing a bank. The gaggle of followers I've gathered are getting better. CeeBee and TwoFry are just punk kids, but they do have connections to things I can't even comprehend at this point. Makes leg work alot easier.
- Diagrams and hastily written plans are attached to this entry. A crisp Paragon bank mark sits in the spine as a trophy.
Journal Entry ((Number Not Given)): Date Unspecified
- Entry is simply titled "Wish List" and reads:
- Malta Sapp Stick(whatever the hell you call it)
- Malta .45 Rounds(Special magazines?)
- Keep Auto Turret away from Drix and Bee.
- Milkor GL On Order with new AP Quadangle Round.
- Need new coffee maker/Grinder. Max and Speck are not allowed to brew their "Tea" in it.
- Browning M2 Mount for the Van?! Possible?@!
Journal Entry(Number unreadable): Date Unspecified I need to find a good local fabricator. I've been talking to contacts about the new Malta Gear and I need to get my hands on a couple Special Purpose rounds. Problems keep popping up.
- Attached is a small Longbow wanted poster for Hellcat Jones with the scribble "ask about The Van."
- Another Paragon Times article reads "Blast from the Past" and shows a local hero fighting off scores of Malta with a sword. scribbles "What's the connection?"
- Paragon Times article reads "Nanites: The Future of Heroes?" A picture of Gold Meteor is circled and Nick's own surveillance photos are attached.
Journal Entry 125: Date unreadable The charm has fused itself with my wrist. I tried to pry it out with a knife, but no such luck. The wound healed instantly. I've also began to randomly teleport places. Most of my paperwork is done in the D so I don't have to worry about that. I'm learning some control. I should talk with the CoT Chapter that owes me one. Bocar owes me a favour too.
- Dried blood is all over this entry.
- A Matchbook from the Pocket D is folded over the page.
- A page from a pay phonebook is attached. M for "Mad Doctors/Medical Professionals/Mystics."
Journal Entry 130: Date unreadable The old adage of the enemy of my enemy is my friend. Malta proved unwilling to "outsource" to deal with our mutual hero problem. Rumor has it they have some magic countermeasure that might be of some use.
- A Map of Sharkhead is attached with five warehouses circled. Three of the circles have been crossed out in red pen.
- A Photocopied page from a mystic text talks about the traits of Obsidian stone in curses and other dark spells. Beside "Obsidian" is written "Used in scalpels? Must investigate."
- Another page ripped out from a different magic text talks about the properties of ---Bone. The first word seems distorted and unreadable. The word "Loa?" has been scrawled above bone. Other parts are underlined and several arrows are drawn to parts of the text. It makes no sense to the untrained eye.
Journal Entry 132: Date unreadable Spent the afternoon bouncing in and out of the Rez chambers across the Isles. Painkillers are a wonderful thing. Must consult a few magical texts to ensure it's "safe" for humans to be revived that many times using magical methods. The Boys are acting a little...Off.
- Doodles of Comically dead Freakshow are scattered across the page.
Journal Entry 140: Date unreadable Made landfall in St. Martial a couple days ago. Decided to get a suit and "Formal" shoulder holster tailored to blend in better at the Giza. New alias in play. Hope to get some results.
It's been a few weeks of work with no concrete leads on anything. Must press on harder on all my contacts. I might even have to start calling in some favors. Can't forget. Can't forgive. Eyes open.
- Various sketches of a pair of eyes and a neckline are drawn on the left side of the page(back side of entry 139)
Journal Entry Entry 145: Date not mentioned
- The word "inventory" is underlined at the top of the page.
- 1911a1s(Need to be completely stripped and checked top to bottom. Way past 15000 rounds))
- Snub .38 revolver(Needs a new grip)
- Glock 21C(Thanks Paragon PD!)
- Glock 36(Need a better ankle holster)
- Gunslinger MK 23s(Awesome pistols, full kit)
- UMP 45 (Out of the box with an Eotech for some CQB)
- M4a1 Carbine(HK Internals and a 5.56 workhorse...)
- C8a1 Carbine(Standard CF, bought for nostalgic purposes. Still has the maple leaf on the receiver..might swap the M4 receiver for this one)
- M203(junk, came with the carbine. Should find a butt stock for it...give it to Speck))
- AG-C/GLM(Cadillac of the 40mm Rifle mounted GLs. Malta's stuff is sure fine))
- Milkor GLM(Old style, should get a new stock...need a "140" for six Hellhound rounds)
- Remington 870P(Bastard collection of 870 parts. Rifled barrel with sights. Slugs for RIPs please)
- Remington 700 PSS Custom .300 Win Mag with integrated suppressor(Hard to get 300 out here, need to mod to at least .338 or settle for .308.))
Journal Entry Entry 161: Date not mentioned
I'm not usually frightened by things I've seen while I've been in the Isles and I've seen a lot of things, but of everything. This woman scared me to the core. I've heard legends of the "Ghost Widow" for a while and if even half of it is true, she would be a powerful ally and the last person in the world you'd want to upset. I was granted an audience(yes, That sounds cheesy, but that's what I was told by the Arbiters.)
She grabbed my wrist and studied the charm with great intrigue. I actually saw her smile for a moment. Smile! Yeah, that was scariest thing. The Widow looked me in the eyes and said and I quote:
"So, one of the Destined of Arachnos comes to me, and with high praise from the Arbiters. You've left a trail of wreckage and bodies in your wake, shattered dreams and broken lives, and this is only the beginning. Now, let us see what nightmares we can unleash together."
She kissed the back of my left hand and held it for a moment. The imprint is still burning and it's been hours. I don't know if this was the right choice, but I think it'll help me. If anyone could bring her back, it would be this scary scary woman. I might have to talk to Roe about this because she has to be one of the only people who understand the Widow....and you know things are bad when I willingly talk to Roe.
- In the corner of this entry is a lip imprint in black on the corner, as if Nick has pressed the Widow's kiss into the page of journal.
- Scrawled on the top is an Arachnos ID code with the note reading "DON'T FORGET THIS NUMBER!"
Journal Entry Entry 169: Date not mentioned
- All the entry says: I'm so glad I brought a climbing kit for Orenbega....
- The back of the journal seems dedicated to freelance work Rogers picks up as he travels through the Isles. The only notes in it so far read:
A scribble phone number next to the initials CK
- Iron Wolf Cartel: Possibly leader
A single name, underlined in red pen :Kaino
- Genetic Mutant Wolf/Human Hybrid
- Eye patch? Tattoos?
- Yellow eye?
- South American
- Last seen in Sydney
- Possibly in the Rogue Isles. **Possibly has been crossed out and replaced with "Probably"*
- Should really REALLY be a Pistol/Dark Corrupter. Will re-roll instantly if/when powerset is available.
This article about a character is a stub -- a small, but growing, work in progress. If you're the creator of this character, why not consider expanding it?