From Unofficial Handbook of the Virtue Universe
The following is the story of Noi Darien Kor'Daliha, Noi Kino and Noi Sarah's father as told by Kino to the Shadow Spiders. It has been painstakingly reconstructed from the various audio and visual recordings into this transcript.
- 01-27-2009 22:37:27 Noi Kino: so
- 01-27-2009 22:38:05 Noi Kino: a long time ago, noi, one of Grandfather's Sons set out to make a name for himself.
- 01-27-2009 22:38:49 Noi Kino: his name was Noi Darien Kor'Daliha and his name is important, noi, for he sought to make it known throughout both the Great String and out into other worlds, noi
- 01-27-2009 22:39:16 Noi Kino: for 200 Earth years he wander the worlds and planes, fighting many creatures and learning many things, noi.
- 01-27-2009 22:39:46 Noi Kino: items of power he found, researched, lost, regained, destroyed.
- 01-27-2009 22:40:40 Noi Kino: the same went for friends and family, noi. all came and went through his life as he traveled
- 01-27-2009 22:41:27 Noi Kino: during his times he came across someone who intrigued him, noi, for she was so much different then he was
- 01-27-2009 22:42:00 Noi Kino: for his powers were naturally born and fueled, and her's were a thing of magic and technology fused into one
- 01-27-2009 22:42:59 Noi Kino: where he could control fire and ice with but a thought, she commanded wild beasts with her electonics and could take the form of several of them as well
- 01-27-2009 22:43:15 Noi Kino pauses a moment and glances around before continuing
- 01-27-2009 22:44:21 Noi Kino: together they traveled the multiverse as it is sometimes called, experiencing everything that could be found, together as partners.
- 01-27-2009 22:48:17 Noi Kino: sadly, there time of triumph and victory could only last so long
- 01-27-2009 22:48:58 Noi Kino: it was, noi, unfortunately that up till then they had never experienced sorrow and defeat on a large scale until then
- 01-27-2009 22:49:23 Noi Kino: for they had always won their fights and conflicts that would have done them great harm
- 01-27-2009 22:50:59 Noi Kino: the day came that while visiting the home of a old friend that a enemy of Noi Darien slipped a poison into the shared cup of the couple
- 01-27-2009 22:51:33 Noi Kino pauses for a moment and dry swallows
- 01-27-2009 22:52:05 Noi Kino: while Noi Darien and his friend were both immune to the effects of the poison, the other was...not so lucky
- 01-27-2009 22:52:49 Noi Kino: so was human, noi, and was in fact with child...his child.
- 01-27-2009 22:53:19 Noi Kino: she had not told him of this fact yet though, as she had only just found this out herself
- 01-27-2009 22:54:27 Noi Kino: noi, she did not die quickly
- 01-27-2009 22:55:25 Noi Kino: much was said between the two as her body wasted away, Noi Darien's powers useless to stop the poison from spreading
- 01-27-2009 22:56:10 Noi Kino: she died in his arms as they lay together for the last time.
- 01-27-2009 22:57:02 Noi Kino: when he finally left that world, her body cold in the ground, he took only 4 things with him
- 01-27-2009 22:57:22 Noi Kino pulls off her goggles and turns them about in her hands
- 01-27-2009 22:57:54 Noi Kino: these things were one of them
- 01-27-2009 22:59:00 Noi Kino: these were her's. he also took her coat, which my younger Sis, Noi Posgami currently holds
- 01-27-2009 22:59:55 Noi Kino: my true younger sister, Noi Sarah, has the third item, the sword she fought with
- 01-27-2009 23:01:11 Noi Kino: the fourth one my father still holds, for it is a length of her hair, something that shines and glitters even in the darkness of the Great String hundreds of Earth years later, noi
- 01-27-2009 23:01:31 Noi Kino looks up and around the room
- 01-27-2009 23:02:22 Noi Kino: Noi Darien is my father, noi. I am named for the women who he truly loved. not my mother, but a amazing human women by the name of Kino Thompson
- 01-27-2009 23:03:04 Noi Kino: the story doesn't end with her death though, noi
- 01-27-2009 23:03:10 Noi Kino: no, though I wish it did...
- 01-27-2009 23:03:32 Noi Kino: my father said he found a portal into another timeline once.
- 01-27-2009 23:03:41 Noi Kino: one where he died instead of her, noi
- 01-27-2009 23:04:26 Noi Kino: he said that his name was indeed known throughout the worlds for she named his son after him and he grew up strong and powerful
- 01-27-2009 23:05:17 Noi Kino: you see, for all that he went out to become known, he is not. after he left no one cared about him, noi, for he is not a nice man and is in no way a hero
- 01-27-2009 23:05:50 Noi Kino: but his son...he grew up as a hero, noi. and so everyone remebered the name of Darien Kor'Daliha.
- 01-27-2009 23:06:39 Noi Kino: and that's the end of it. my father still lives, and I bare her name as a testiment as to how she changed my father in ways that he has never understood.
- 01-27-2009 23:07:22 Noi Kino: but you know, I can't help but wonder what would have happened if they had both lived...
- 01-27-2009 23:07:46 Noi Kino falls silent and stares at the fire, still rotating her goggles in her hands
Comments? Suggestions for future stories you'd like to see? Leave them here with a name and I'll see about coming up with some more the next time the Shadow Spiders do a story time. ~Artiamus Imura