From Unofficial Handbook of the Virtue Universe
|Player: @Archon Mk. 1|
|Operative Personnel Intel|
|Real Name:||Reneé Valentine|
|Known Aliases:||Alicia Knight, Seer Valentine|
|Current Residence:||Ivory Tower|
|Known Relatives:||Hazel Valentine (Paternal Grandmother, Alive)|
|Telepathy, Psychic Barrages, Slight Pre-Cognition|
|Training / Abilities|
|Fortunata armor, Comm Unit, Voice Modulator|
|Order Through Strength|
Outside of the crimson and ebony armor of the Fortunata, Reneé is an outgoing and cheery lass. The former police sketch artist shows a cordial and warm deposition which is further contrast by her on duty fervor and iciness. However, this is all a façade for the cunning psychic that lies underneath the veneer of friendliness. Every the gambler, her moves are thought out, factors are considered, and the dice are rolling. In her mind it is up to her tricks and planning, along with those who work aside her to ensure the goals are reached. The duality allow plausible deniability of the seemingly sweet Renee being the calculating seer.
A Gambler's Hand
On her 19th birthday, Reneé decided to travel to St. Martial in the Isles with some friends for legal, if somewhat dubious, gambling at the Golden Giza with friends. The entire trip, only intended to be a week was a hedonistic pleasure trip for the young college group. Alcohol, drugs, gambling, and the golden voice of Johnny Sonata. Hundreds and then thousands of dollars were lost then gained by young Reneé, only for the cycle to repeat the next day. All manner of drugs and vice were indulged in: cocaine, ecstasy, poker, liquor...a dangerous cocktail and a perfect complement to the events to come. As the trip went on, nights of partying and gambling blurred together until she lost consciousness, and everything went black.
When she rose from her drug-induced slumber, she found herself no longer in her hotel room, but a holding cell, and in the cells next to her were other people equally confused. It was then that, her captors walked up, their armor emblazoned with the red spider of Arachnos.
The Ivory Tower
A Future in Rubble
What started as a a field mission with a squadron from the Ivory Tower, proved something far different, a portal became locked onto a future only a decade and a half away. In it the team saw fire and destruction,
Powers and Abilities
- Telepathy Valentine is able to communicate with willing individuals utilizing her telepathic training from the Fortunata program. While capable, it does take a degree of focus and therefore she is somewhat distant from any physical interactions, resulting in a slowed response rate, and leaving her somewhat vulnerable.
- Limited Precognition - Like other Fortunata Seers, Valentine has an extremely limited precognitive ability in which she may aide allies by glimpsing only a moment into the future.
- Psionic Barrages: As a Fortunata, Valentine is capable of unleashing psionic assaults upon her targets. Ranging simple mind bolts to wails of psychic energy, Valentine demonstrates them to deadly efficiency.
- Gambling Addiction = Old habits die hard, and indeed the vice which landed her with Arachnos is indeed a pervasive one. In her head, everything is a risky game of chance, and one she seeks to win. Due to this she is calculating, and will try to account for possible confounding factors, but ultimately her over planning leaves space for more simple plans. Additionally, if offered a game of chance, despite her mental training, it is hard for her to resist the call of the dice and the allure of the cards.
- Two-Way Psionic Link - Once she establishes a link, whether for telepathic communication, or to probe someone's mind, she is susceptible to any sort of tricks guarding that persons mind, be it they psionically lash back, or safeguards that harm those who intrude."
- Human Mortality - She is only human, and her armor is only capable of taking so much damage. Things that would kill a normal human is enough to kill Valentine.
- Voice Modulator - A customized addition to her Fortunata armor, hidden within the helmet is this voice modulator to add an extra sense of anonymity to the Seer.