From Unofficial Handbook of the Virtue Universe
|Credit to @Vandalist|
|Player: @Talisien Nightbane|
|Real Name:||Michael Curtis Wylder|
|Known Aliases:||Talisien,Tali, Tal|
|Occupation:||Mercenary and thief-for-hire, president of the Wild Bunch Riders.|
|Place of Birth:||Detroit, MI|
|Base of Operations:||St. Martial|
|Honed senses, martial arts mastery, parkour, espionage and stealth mastery|
|Dual Beretta 90two Type F,G pistols, CQD Mark V ATAC Fight combat knife, widow blades, and assorted body armor and chemical grenades, bombs, and gasses.|
|No additional information available.|
Under big changes
((Big rework in progress))
Equipment and Abilities
"I get the job done, who cares how I do it?"
Talisien's main weapons are the ninja claws he wears on the back of his hands. He uses these claws as climbing tools as well as weapons. In the Rogue Islands, Talisien has been seen wielding an Executioner's Mace, which he claims he obtained through previous work with Arachnos. He seems to wield it sufficiently, giving merit to the claim he had once received Bane Spider training.
Talisien also uses many secondary weapons, ranging from a pistol named "Kathy" (after his foster mother, who he swears is a serial killer), a baseball bat, throwing knives, and a sledge hammer.
Talisien also use grappling hooks and free running in tandem to move while in Paragon. The grappling hooks are attached to his gauntlets. In the Rogue Islands he's mostly been seen moving simply with free running.
Talisien has been called a natural leader and tactician by friends and fellow heroes, ironically off-set by his penchant for running into battle when emotionally charged.
Talisien also is skilled with field medicine and uses a variety of herbs and medications to heal during fights. He's not been seen using them in the Rogue Islands.
Talisien has also aquired a suit of combat armor, which is currently not identified as any particular model. The suit is made of base protoarmor for protection against enemy attacks. The helmet, which locks into the neck, contains a voice modifier and combat scanner. On the left gauntlet is a control button to call in the aid of two Arachnobot Disruptors when he needs.
"The biggest weakness of any human being is pride. The second is mediocrity."
Talisien is human. While he is extraordinarily agile and can definitely hold his own in a fight, he does have limits. He can fatigue after long amounts of combat, and he can be seriously injured. He has been seen spitting up blood after lost fights, and has broken 5 ribs, his left arm twice, and dislocated his shoulder while working as a hero. Also, he has little resistance to mental attacks, other than force of will. He can be mind controlled and has been known to be possessed in the past by other spirits, such as that of his own split soul.
Although he claims to be unbiased, Talisien has been known to be wary of metahumans and often dislikes working with many of them. For this reason he often works alone and doesn't call for help often, since he is one of the few true humans in the Jadewire. If ambushed or outnumbered, he'd attempt to fight alone regardless due to pride. Also, he's been quoted giving rants comdemning "metahuman superiority" and claiming "a human can do anything a meta can." Recently he's been seen aiding and socializing with members of the Empyrean Mandate, and it's rumored he may have joined. It should be noted many of his friends are metahumans, and he does not treat them differently than his human friends.
"I can be understanding, or I can be a prick. You say 'tomato', I say 'fuck you.' Don't like it? File a complaint at City Hall."
At first encounter, Talisien has often been labeled blunt, rude, and unsociable. He often does not talk to his fellow heroes, but when he tries to speak and doesn't get a response he often becomes sarcastic and quick-tempered. He's also been labeled unsympathetic, extreme, and unfair. Around his friends, Talisien can be kind, compassionate, and loyal. Occasionally he has been friendly to strangers. He explains the sharp contrast in behavior as "People who are worth my time will know they're worth my time."
Talisien is known for his "never say die" attitude. He's been known to fight on despite all odds, even though this has gotten him in over his head after his entire team abandoned him while fighting Romulus Augustus. Despite being an excellent tactician and strategist, Talisien often lets his emotions get the best of him. He is known for being easily irritated and angered, which was proven by Rook simply picking on him causing him to be so pissed off that Nightbane was unleashed.
The most significant change to Talisien's attitude lately is obviously his ever-increasing bias towards metahumans. While he is quick to point out that he has metahuman friends, he has been overheard many times ranting about human merits and virtues, condemning metahuman pride movements and supremacy groups. The way he sees it, if a metahuman is a good person then Talisien will have no problem with him/her. If the metahuman "scores high on the asshole checklist", then he/she is another prime example of a bad meta. Talisien has also often pointed out how sexist slurs like "my bitch" and homophobic slurs like "faggot" have become accepted by society, but he is condemned for calling a metahuman "a mutie freak."
Talisien has a very addictive personality, which is made apparent by his chainsmoke and recent abuse of alcohol. He does not attempt to hide his vices, going as far as to announce he's intentions to get inebriated. He also seems to be quite promiscuous at times, jumping from partner to partner, occasionally on a very frequent basis.
- In progress*
"The second we stop forgetting about the dead, they truly die."
- Azure Fumare-Renard- A former ex-villain, Azure Fumare-Renard (known commonly as Blue) treated Talisien like a younger brother when he first came to the Rogue Islands. He has also helped Talisien out in numerous situations, such as clearing Hydras in Perez Park. When Blue died in a coma, Talisien got a tattoo of a black-winged bird in flight with the words "R.I.P. Blue" on his right forearm.
- Abby Schnider- Talisien's ex-girlfriend, who he first met during enrollment in Paragon City University. While they broke up and showed animosity towards one another, Talisien always secretly cared about Abby, even striking his friend Fox's Wit when he found the two were together behind his back. Abby was murdered by the Zodiac Imprint, and upon hearing the news Talisien locked himself in the Perez Park boathouse for three days straight. Since then, he has also gotten a tattoo in her honor; an open book with "R.I.P." under it, on his left forearm.
- Megan McDonald- Talisien's fiancee in the Rogue Islands, before he became a hero. Talisien and Megan planned to run to the United States together, and Kalinda had her murdered by a Hellion named Brimstone as "punishment" for Talisien. This event is considered the turning-point where Talisien was taken over by Nightbane, when he was arrested in Paragon City. While he initially did not know Arachnos was behind the murder, he has since discovered the truth and has sworn revenge on Kalinda and all of Ghost Widow's faction. Talisien has a heart with "R.I.P. Megan" tattooed on his left pectoral.
- Rook- Talisien's ex-wife. Though she is currently considered "missing in action", Talisien considers her dead and taken personal guilt over it.
- Owl-Fi- The other member of the Jadewire who Talisien considers to be a friend, Owl-Fi has helped Talisien on several assignments and has even assisted in arrests with him. It was while picking him up Taco Bell that Owl-Fi got her Kheldian. Recently, Owl-Fi fell in battle, and Talisien was spotted at her funeral, albeit in the far back.
- Operative Dot- A member of the Shadow Spiders, "Jippers" was one of the few members who remained on good terms with Talisien after he was kicked out. The two started a romance, but Dot was struck down by a fellow Bane Spider looking to increase his own rank in Arachnos. The news of Dot's death once again rekindled Talisien's alcoholism, but it is known that he is hunting Dot's murderer. In homage of her, Talisien had his Arachnos tattoo filled in pink.
Reaction and Perception of Talisien
-Feel Free to post IC comments here- "No one gives a damn. You're wasting your time."
- "... Talisien? He's a pretty cool guy. Eh, beat Kevon and isn't afraid of anything. He's strong and he knows what he's doing without a doubt. I just kinda wish he'd stop being so touchy about me not cockblocking him, then yelling at all the guys that look at me in the wrong way 'SHE'S FOURTEEN, YOU SICK FUCK'..." -Kira 2 Dope
- "Tali..What are we going to do about you? Saved my ass a few times before...Not that I really /needed/ it but. I guess I owe this kid... Sure he can save my ass but I try or even think of getting him out of a fight were he knows he's going to lose and /I/ get chewed out for it.......Tal Im not sure what your prob is lately but, meh...I do hope you know I still do care for you but, if your going to be an ass to me trust me, I will be a bitch..." -Rene'esme
- "Tali's a born and true killer. The fact that he's tryin' to behave himself is great, but he's either gonna snap, or burn out. I hate to say it, but I'm hopin' fer burn out. If he snaps, somebody's gonna have to put him down, and I dunno anybody who'd be able to do it without losing a limb or three." -Robert Deacon
- "I know Tali. We were partners. I've seen him around, but I'm sure he thinks I'm dead. I'm going to keep it that way."
- "Tali is a bitch. But when I'm not angry with him? He's okay." - Vandalist
- Smokes incessantly. Usually some brand of Camels.
- Totally a brocore kid. He won't admit it usually.
- He's known to be afraid of bees.
- Died from a virus that was accidentally released by Crey. He was revived after being dead for 20 minutes by the angel Taija Marie Jameson. He considers it the most lame and cliche thing to have ever happened to him.
- Can play guitar and piano. He's mediocre at piano, but he is a skilled guitarist. He has been called a decent singer.
- Yes, I understand the name "Taliesin" is misspelled. To reflect the difference in spelling, Talisien's name is pronounced "tuh-li-see-en".
- Talisien Nightbane was my first CoX character ever. He was a claws/nin stalker on Triumph. Dually, he was my third CoH character, but he was first an empath/ele defender in a pitiful attempt to get easy teams. I decided that claws were just the right way to go and rerolled him as first claws/sr, then again as claws/regen after friends pressured me into it.
- Nitrogenn was the toon that gave me the idea to make Talisien a Vanguard member. I made him a special agent for Vanguard after playing Resident Evil 4 and deciding that special agents are just cool. Talisien's special agent costume is modeled after Leon S. Kennedy's clothes in RE4, which I felt fine with doing since Arbiter Death had recently changed his homage from Leon to Jack Krauser.
- Talisien's backstory has gone through numerous retcons for later reasons. Originally, Talisien was violent, schitzophrenic, and would seduce women to murder them. I later decided that if this was true, there was no way in hell there would be any redemption for him, and retconned it to being activities Nightbane had done while in control that Talisien has no memory of.
- A friend and I have created two Talisien comic books on binder paper. We have scanned the first issue and will soon hotlink this page to them for anyone interested.