From Unofficial Handbook of the Virtue Universe
- Supergroup: Free Agents
- Former Supergroups: 5th Column
- The Third Reich
Status and appearance matter very much to the woman known as Terra-Joule. As a young woman in Nazi Germany, she worked very hard to acquire a position of prominence serving the Führer. When the Third Reich was crushed, she faded into obscurity for a time, though she enthusiastically established her usefulness with the 5th Column when that organization surfaced and has continued to prove herself a valuable asset to its leadership. Since learning of him, Terra-Joule's priorities have shifted to doing everything she can to serve the evil alternate reality version of Statesman known as the Reichsman. In her ideal fantasy, he overthrows the nations of this world and rules with an iron fist... with her as his bride.
Terra-Joule is a tall, blue-eyed, very blond Bavarian woman with a curvacious but athletic figure. Her usual attire is a black leather jacket and skirt reminiscent of her uniform when she served the Third Reich during World War II. Since acquiring powers, she wears a domino mask which is heavily associated with the costumed adventurer community as a symbol of her desire to belong to something greater than mere humanity. In more recent years since her debut on American soil, she has occasionally worn a proper "super villain" costume which consists of a white leotard and full black and red cloak.
Terra-Joule's powers are the result of investigations into occult texts and artifacts on behalf of Adolf Hitler during his reign over the German empire during World War II. Though she was subservient to her male counterparts on such missions, she possessed both the drive and talent for mastering the arcane forces they sought for their Führer. Much of her research dealt with elemental magic which enables her to cast spells to control earthen and electrical forces, however she has learned various spells which grant her abilities outside the traditional elements. Of these, the greatest of her powers is immortality, a secret which she did not even share with the Führer himself. Terra-Joule neither ages nor can she be killed by mundane forces. She herself was unaware that she had acquired this gift until roughly twenty years after the war concluded and she had not aged a day.
Terra-Joule can manipulate stone to entrap and crush her foes. She knows additional spells in this element, but has yet to master them.
Preferring electricity --a combination of air and fire magics-- over the earth, Terra-Joule can hurl bolts of lightning and super-charge her muscles for destructive melee attacks.
Terra-Joule maintains a vast private collection of mystic trinkets and magical writings, many of which she stole from her own people after World War II had ended. She convinced herself that it was to keep such power out of the hands of the Allied Forces, but truthfully it was done out of her own selfish lust for power. Despite her education and decades of exposure and experience with arcane forces, much of her collection is beyond her own magical ability to use. She continues to study and experiment in hopes of unlocking even greater magical secrets which she might use to further her agendas.
Weaknesses and Limitations
Despite being virtually immortal, Terra-Joule can be harmed as any normal woman can. However, she suffers no long-term side effects from injuries and cannot be killed. She has more than once suffered injuries that should have proven fatal or, at least, permanently disabling. Although she recovers, the pain and trauma have occasionally put her out of commission for days at a time while her body recovered.
Born to humble upbringing in the small Bavarian town of Straubing, Ursula Baader became enraptured by the Third Reich when she attended a rally in Nuremburg as a teenager. She quickly rose in rank amongst the Führer's favored agents for her dilligence and results in the field. She became a chief assistant on a number of expeditions seeking various occult secrets. Her thirst for knowledge lead her to become fluent in many languages and the study of archaeology and mysticism. Through her research and handling of certain arcane texts, she gained true power over the elements as well as, to a lesser extent, time and space.
After the fall of the Third Reich, she faded into obscurity for a time only to discover that she had become virtually immortal through the powers she wields. Throughout the history of the 5th Column, she has worked under the codename of Terra-Joule. Presently, she desires to see Reichsman become the new Führer of this world and become his wife so that she may rule at his side.
With super-humans becoming a fast-growing facet of the population, Terra-Joule quickly abandonned what she considered archaic notions of racial purity. Her new vision has all of humanity as inferior to those who wield power. But even amongst those with special abilities, she maintains a segregated world view.
- Natural - The finest examples of humanity, the übermensch, are those classified as "natural" origin as they possess superior skill and even manifest true powers from nothing more than sheer determination and training. Aliens and other non-humans which are also considered natural origin are still inferior, in her opinion... sub-humans and beasts, tools to be used and disposed of when they become inconvenient.
- Magic - Considered equal amongst the naturals, those who master mystic forces have shown that they have the will to power that mere humans do not as magic is a dangerous tool that can turn against those unprepared for its true might. Those imbued with magic are also considered equals for they are not consumed by the power that flows through them. However, some are mystically altered or cursed with minor physical alterations or even whole transformations that leave them looking quite inhuman. Such creatures are to be pitied --but not much. They are still considered useful tools if they can be tamed. Creatures of supernatural origin, unlike aliens, hold a different position. Demons, angels, faeries, and the like are considered to be either a part of magic or a servant of a greater power. As such, they merit only as much respect as one would have for that which they serve (or what respect they can command by their own power).
- Category:Science - The lesser cousin of magic, science is considered almost as valid as any arcane discipline. However, while those who master science are to be respected, those who are transformed by it are a mixed bunch. Individuals who can survive scientific experiments and gain true power without losing their humanity are acceptable, but those who undergo physical transformations that leave them looking less than human are considered inferior as anything but tools to be kept until they have outlived their usefulness. Terra-Joule believes that a scientist who can imbue himself with power without becoming a victim of that power should be considered an equal to sorcerers.
- Technology - A lesser branch of science, those who cannot create power can at least create tools that enable them to stand on equal footing with their betters. Without them, there might be no doomsday weapons or great machines to carry out laborous tasks, but when the technology is taken from them, such individuals are still only human.
- Mutant - The lowest of the low, mutants are considered less than mere humans. Accidents of birth, freaks, and monsters... Terra-Joule believes they are a scourge and should be erased from existance without mercy. Even those who look perfectly human --if they are proven to be mutants-- have no value in her eyes.
- Miss Liberty
Terra-Joule has faced Miss Liberty several times in the past. As of yet, she has not faced the hero's daughter, Ms. Liberty, but is most likely looking forward to such an occasion.
- The Council
As usurpers of the 5th Column's powerbase, Terra-Joule views The Council with great disdain. They show no respect for tradition and she has no use for them. Likewise, they view her as an out-dated relic that has stubbornly refused to move forward. More, that she actively opposes their goals for no other reason than spite is an insult to their authority. With the resurgence of the 5th Column, dealing with Terra-Joule has become more problematic than ever.
Random Trivia and OOC stuff
- The original appearance of Terra-Joule had her covered in stone with an red electric circuit pattern overlay, wearing minimal golden armor. In this early incarnation, she had no established backstory or explanation of her powers. Her appearance was merely a reflection of her chosen powersets.
To contact this character's creator
- In-game: @Player2