| The Cyphre
| Player: @Cyphre
|| Dual Pistols/Mental Manipulation Blaster|
Dual Blades/Willpower Scrapper
| Security Level:
| Real Name:
|| Simon Kollmorgan
| Personal Data
| Known Aliases:
|| Agent 5, Connor Fehl, Zero
|| Human Mutant
|| 6' 0"
|| 195 lbs.
| Eye Color:
| Hair Color:
|| Citizen of the United States
|| Former: British Special Forces, Mercenary. Current: Hero, Secret Operative, SCORPIO Agent.
| Place of Birth:
|| Berlin, Germany
| Current Residence:
|| Brickstown, Paragon City, RI
| Marital Status:
|| John Kollmorgan (aka "Scion", brother, deceased(?)), Simon Madrox ("Recoil", clone), Cole Morgan ("The Hornet", clone)
| Known Powers
| High-level Telekinetic. Mid-level telepathic.
| Known Abilities
| Jeet Kune Do + Krav Maga training, Black belt Hapkido, Computer use (expert level, hacker), Expert marksman (pistols/rifle), 5th Column/British Special Forces/SCORPIO Agent training.
| • Wrist comm unit|
• Head-Up Display, or "HUD"
• MediPort beacon
• Personal cloaking device
• Custom uniform made of special 8-ply kevlar panels (able to withstand ballistic impact up to .45 caliber bullets) and "Atlex 5" a fire-resistant material that withstand temperatures of up to 1500 degrees Fahrenheit
• Two Glocks
• Black market/stolen Nemesis staff
• Capsules of a genetic mutagen Cyphre calls "The Ick" which explode on impact, dealing toxic damage.
- The Cyphre, though new to the world of being a 'superhero', has acted for many years behind the scenes as a special/black-ops operative for Operation: Grey Razor.
- The Cyphre coined his name from an identity one of his two clones briefly used.
|The Cyphre (Simon Kollmorgan) was created by Cyphre (global handle: @Cyphre), based in part upon a speculative reimagining of what a modern-day Green Hornet-type character might be like... perhaps a hybrid of the famous pulp hero and his partner, Kato, fighting far more powerful foes both overtly and covertly and using far more lethal weapons. Also heavily inspired by Grifter, Deadpool and 'Ultimate' Hawkeye.
He is being represented in the form of two characters, a Dual Blades/Willpower Scrapper and a Dual Pistols/Mental Manipulation Blaster (coming soon!). The former representing Simon using weapons he's less proficient with in order to learn and thus enhance his effectiveness as a special operations agent, and the latter is Simon as he's mainly conceptualized using his preferred weapons and specialization.
• H I S T O R Y •
... THE EARLY YEARS :
** Spoiler Warning: Details about a player-created storyline or currently unrevealed character information follow. **
German-born Simon Kollmorgan and his elder brother John were brought up in England by their militaristic father, Heinrich, an abusive and somewhat sadistic perfectionist who was determined to make his boys "...strong, unlike their mother...", a woman who had died via 'mysterious circumstances' after Heinrich had discovered her with another man. Simon, the more sensitive of the two boys, unfortunately resembled his ill-favored mother and was a constant reminder to Heinrich of her betrayal. As a consequence, the boy was often treated very poorly and punished much more severely than his elder brother. John, a guardian by nature, protected Simon from their father as much as was possible, voluntarily taking the blame for many of Simon's perceived mishaps and shortcomings.
Simon did have some notable strengths of his own, and which Heinrich recognized as saving graces. While both boys were good shots, Simon's ability with aimed weapons by the time he was eleven bordered on uncanny and the many junior marksman trophies he won in archery, pistols and rifle competitions had become a great source of pride for his father. Simon was also somewhat skilled in martial arts, though outshined by his physically stronger and more agile brother.
Over the years, Heinrich rigidly drove his boys harder and harder, his abusiveness growing with each passing year. The punishments for failure were often cruel and painful. Days locked in a filthy, vermin-filled basement or extra physical training were accompanied by punches to the ribs, abdomen and/or face. The two boys lived in mortal fear of their father, but they were indeed becoming harder. Simon, however, was beginning to show signs of severe anxiousness and depression.
It was during a "vacation" to Ireland that everything changed. During a ten-mile run along the gorgeous Cliffs of Moher, Simon stumbled, spraining his ankle. John tried to help him get up before Heinrich saw, but to no avail. The elder Kollmorgan, already in a terrible mood due to an earlier exchange with a sarcastic Irishman, went ballistic on his young son, berating him for being weak and careless. Simon muttered something under his breath... "I-It was an accident, father." ...and Heinrich became enraged, thinking the boy was talking back. As John watched, the next few moments seemed to happen in slow motion. Heinrich Kollmorgan's fists slammed down upon his helpless younger son's face and chest without mercy. John stood in shock... frozen... knowing his father had finally become completely unhinged and what the tragic result would be. The cracking sound of a broken rib was heard. It was the final straw. Enraged, John now snapped into action, pulling his father off of the bloodied body of his brother and unleashing a barrage of well-trained but hate-filled punches and kicks upon Heinrich's muscled body.
Finally tiring... fear finally overcoming rage, John stopped. Realizing what he'd done, he stepped back... terrified of the repercussions of his actions. The fear doubled as Heinrich slowly struggled to his feet and grinned in fierce pride at his elder son's courage and skill. He spat blood to his side and started to make his way back to Simon, who was slowly blacking out from pain. John heart stopped for a moment as Heinrich spoke chilling words, "At least I'll still have one strong son after this." Fading quickly now, Simon watched as his brother, in a final burst of desperation and rage, leapt upon their father, twisting the senior Kolllmorgan's head 180 degrees, the sick cracking sound emphasizing the finality of the moment.
Simon's life was slipping away, and John knew it. In his last few conscious moments, Simon witnessed Heinrich's body being thrown over the cliffs and, several minutes later, a "Madrox Bread Company" truck pass as John loaded his brother into the family car. He was taken to a hospital in Dublin, where he recovered from his wounds but had slipped into a coma.
Twelve weeks later, Simon awoke in a London hospital, alone.
... ON HER MAJESTY'S SECRET SERVICE :
... THE COLUMN :
In 1999, a British Special Forces officer then known as Agent 5 (Simon Kollmorgan) was captured, tortured and brainwashed by the 5th Column, shortly thereafter becoming a very effective 5th Column Nacht Ubermenschen Oberst. Discovered to be a mutant and gifted with an array of psionic abilities, he had also unwittingly become the primary DNA donor for a series of Column 'Ubermenschen' experiments to create a supersoldier...
... OPERATION: GREY RAZOR :
... S.C.O.R.P.I.O. :
( Strategic Command Objective for Research, Protection + Interdictive Operations )
An extra-governmental intelligence and security organization formed to meet the rising storm of exceptional threats beyond the usual scope of normal law enforcement and military forces. SCORPIO is dedicated to protecting the nations and peoples of Earth from terrorists and all technologically-advanced, extraterrestrial, psionic, superhuman, occult, paranormal and supernatural menaces, and often assists such organizations as Alpha Watch and The Cerulean Legion in apprehending threats to national security and world peace.
S.C.O.R.P.I.O.'s founders, Paul Grant and Jack Slayton, built the organization from the ground up as a streamlined agency small enough for them to personally oversee and protect from corruption. It has since very quickly grown into one of the world's most powerful paramilitary and intelligence protectorates, reaching covertly into national governments and forming strategic alliances with superhero groups... while always maintaining independence and deniability. SCORPIO has also become a valued contact between the superhero community when government-related information is required to deal with a crisis.
More coming soon...
• E Q U I P M E N T •
- Wrist Comm Unit:
- The SCORPIO wrist communications unit is an interesting technology developed by Singer Defense Systems for SCORPIO Agents. It is in essence a highly advanced computer capable of tracking mission data, interfacing with satellite scans and collected intelligence, providing a communications interface.
- Unit acts as a basic datapad, able to store and retrieve data from robotic systems/androids/etc., the SCORPIO database, other computers (via a direct link or wireless transceiver), comm signals, and standard datacards.
- Wrist link allows Simon to arm bombs and traps, detonate explosives, open base and teleportation portals, receive signals from his surveillance gear, and to summon and direct his Shield Drone.
- Head-Up Display (HUD):
- A transparent display that presents data without obstructing the user's view. Originally developed for military aviation.
- Visual capabilities of the unit are taxing on the power cell and need to be replaced after a month normal usage.
- Areas with strong electromagnetic interference render the unit's radar useless while the communications become unstable.
- MediPort Beacon
- Monitors vital signs in the wearer and prompts a teleport to the nearest hospital in case of an emergency. Can also be activated manually.
- Nemesis Staff:
- Telescoping staff which shoots bolts of energy that deal damage, knocks back foes and may stun them.
- Purchased via the Rogue Islands black market.
- Black metal wand, cold to the touch. Filled with negative energies that can be channeled into ranged targets.
- Gifted from a female admirer in The Midnight Squad.
- Sands of Mu:
- Strange black sand that grants the ability to deal a flurry of punches charged with Negative Energy of the Netherworld while carrying it.
- Gifted to Simon from his boss, Jack Slayton.
- Personal Cloaking Device (PCD):
- Enables an individual to become very nearly invisible to the naked eye, and extremely difficult to detect with normal sensing instrumentation.
- Various automatic pistols:
- Glocks, Five-seveNs...you name it, he's got them.
- Shield Drone:
- Stimulates the mutant genes within Simon's body and grants him greater stamina and agility.
- Customized SCORPIO uniform:
- 8-ply kevlar panels (able to withstand ballistic impact up to .45 caliber bullets)
- "Atlex 5" a fire-resistant material that withstand temperatures of up to 1500 degrees Fahrenheit.