The Utopian Society
From Unofficial Handbook of the Virtue Universe
|The Utopian Society|
|Founder: Rhiannon Gladstone|
|Motto:||Making the world a better place... or else!|
|Logo:||The All-seeing Eye of Ra|
|Group Colours:||Pure White and Royal Blue|
|Play style:||Heavy Evil Roleplay|
|Timezone(s):||(Mostly Pacific Time US, all welcome)|
|Contact:||Su Chen or Cannonbolt|
|No additional information available.|
The Utopians Society was first founded by Rhiannon Gladstone in 1947, in response to the cruelties done by the Nazis to their prisoners in the concentration camps. The immortal fae woman realized that not only were humans becoming a force to be reckoned with, they were horribly cruel and not the type of people she would want dominating their beloved earth in the future. A heavy believer in Darwinism, Gladstone set out to find this who thought as she did, and find a way to make a new, more intelligent and compassionate humanity, hopefully erasing the old one in the process.
The Utopian Society's first successes were in the creation of their test prototype, Lanara. In fact they designed her so well, that in 2006 their test prototype outsmarted it's keepers and escaped, calling police. A federal raid followed, and the old Utopian Society was jailed in Zigursky. Then, in 2007, Kalinda had the Utopians freed in an Arachnos raid, and they began to rebuild their secret society as a villain group in the Rogue Isles. A full 60 years since their original inception, their plans are finally starting to see reality.
Origonal Utopian Society members
These are just some highlights of the group as it stood in 2001 in New York:
- Rhiannon Gladstone - An immortal fae woman, a high ranking lieutenant in the Unseeline (Winter) Court, she was magically very powerful with some knowledge of genetic engineering and technomancery. She founded and was the first leader of the society for many years.
- Su Chen - a diminutive Chinese woman with a titanic mind for genetic and molecular biology.
- General James Fielding - A military man with an impressive service record and the ear of many important people at the Pentagon, General Fielding is determined to defend America against all enemies - both foreign and domestic - at any cost.
- Moira McHale - Very money and profit oriented. Cares little about anything else. Provides most of the financial backing for the organization.
- Captain Jack Mendoza - Television producer, always looking for new material. In charge of publicity and keeping the Utopian Society OUT of public view.
- Joseph Moriarty - Owns a multinational pharmaceutical conglomerate that specializes in medical research, experimentation, cybernetics, and biological weapons.
- Moira McHale - Still making a pretty penny from the Society's genetics research advances, she acts as financial backer and is training as an elite Arachnos fighter on the side.
- Cannonbolt - The successor to General Fielding with a flair for the flamboyant.
- Captain Arya Steele - Cannonbolt's personal assistant.