United Underworld/Right To Menace Consent Form
From Unofficial Handbook of the Virtue Universe
United Underworld is a villain group composed of a rogue's gallery of costumed super criminals. Since many of the group's goals revolve around accumulating wealth, power, and the destruction of Paragon City, it is only natural that they frequently run afoul of the superhero community. In fact, for this reason our members may deliberately pick out certain celebrated heroes and ensnare them in our sinister schemes! However, we are aware that not everyone may be on board for such a tragic turn of events, or might carry legitimate concerns over the quality of characters played with or the RP involved. For this reason we present this OOC document to serve as a consent form.
The Right To Menace
Compliance with the Right To Menace form simply means that your group or character is willing to interact with and accept the actions of United Underworld and its members in a reasonable RP fashion. This does not mean that you will instantly become a target for harassment, but rather are considered to be fair game within our sphere of influence and able to be interacted with in the pursuit of entertaining RP.
Rules of Engagement
- No God-moding: We believe that RPing certain situations is more fun when there are consequences for actions, be they negative or otherwise. However, we also understand and expect that there may be creative solutions to the problems presented certain characters, especially in an adversarial situation. However, while we know that there are characters who are indeed "gods" with fabulous powers and abilities, including variations on the theme of immortality, we do not accept the idea that any one character is "God" with abilities ranging from omnipotence to omniscience. Such a character would be virtually impossible to interact with in any meaningful way.
- No Inappropriate RP: Some villains are pretty despicable, and United Underworld is no exception! However, we do not endorse certain forms of RP as part of our official policy. This may include sexually explicit scenes or extreme graphic violence. Basically anything that would defy a PG-13 rating is not acceptable to our public RP venue.
- No Griefing: As stated, our goal is to create fun and interesting RP interactions, not give rise to simple annoyances or Internet trolling. While it is possible a player may not like how certain events have transpired, this does not mean using game mechanics or Internet tools to aggravate someone is ever acceptable.
- Expectation to Harm: As a corollary to the first three rules, however, we accept the possibility and even encourage such instances as A) a character sustaining injuries both major and minor, B) imprisonment by either a player group or an NPC institution, and even C) death in the comic book style, meaning that such death may very well be reversed with reasonable explanation after a set amount of time as dictated by the story.
- Disengagement Clause: It is always possible that even while the above terms are followed that certain RP situations might simply become too much or disagreeable to the people playing them. Real life expectations or other factors may also result in the decision to end whatever scene or story had been in progress up to that point. While this can be extremely disappointing to the other players involved, we acknowledge the right of a person to quit. However, when such a situation may arise, we urge the exiting players to acquiesce to the demands of the story, which may include crafting an ending that all involved people can agree on with possible concessions made.
If you would like to officially label your group or character as agreeing to the above terms, or if you have any other comments or inquiries, including specific ideas or stories you think should involve United Underworld, please contact @Drimble Wedge in game via private message or e-mail.