Unofficial Handbook of the Virtue Universe:General disclaimer
From Unofficial Handbook of the Virtue Universe
Here there be Disclaimers!!
This page is a work in progress. This means the content may change over time, just like everything else on the Wiki.
- No lawyers were harmed (or even consulted!) in the writing of this disclaimer page. We still consider it legally binding.
- Use of this Wiki is recreational, and no explicit or implicit suitability is implied.
- This site is privately operated, and the Wiki operators hereby declare that the First Amendment of the United States does not apply to ANY content posted. This means that one cannot post whatever one wishes, and expect it to be "an exercise of one's right to free speech."
- No guarantee is made that articles found here will be consistent with content found within the City of Heroes game, on other sites related to City of Heroes, or even with other articles on the Virtueverse Wiki. Continuity is assumed, but not guaranteed.
- NCSoft does not endorse ANY content appearing here as canonical to the City of Heroes game.
- All content is assumed to be fictitious, and resemblance to any actual persons or events, or persons or events depicted in other works or on other sites, is assumed to be completely circumstantial.
- Although some content may be presented with political, religious, or other bias, in no way should it considered to be promoting any given bias. See "content is assumed to be completely fictional," above.
- Although internal links are assumed to target existing pages, no routine link validity checking is performed.
- No routine link-checking is done for external links, for either link validity or for relevance to content. Due to the fluid nature of the Internet, external links may grow stale or be pruned at any time.
- No content is assumed to be suitable for minors.
- This is a completely volunteer effort, completely unpaid and un-compensated. Although some accounts may be flagged as "in charge", these people are filling these roles on a volunteer and unpaid basis, and may resign at any time, with no warning or reason given.
- The VirtueVerse Wiki is not a resource with a guaranteed "uptime". No recompense will be given if the site, pages within it, or functions expected of a Wiki (such as editing) become unavailable.
- We are opposed to censoring posted material, but we also reserve the right to do so with no warning or redress. All material posted must abide by the Wiki's purpose and the Acceptable Use Policy of the site host. External links may be removed at any time, if the linked material is found to be objectionable based on these same principles.