From Unofficial Handbook of the Virtue Universe
Most people who play regularly with me would know I have a deep rooted hatred for the "We need healers!" mentality which pervades so many players of CoX. Healbot was initially designed as a way to get back at them in that his name obviously implied that he was a 'healer' despite the fact he was in fact a Dark/Energy defender. Whilst I must admit that it was always rather amusing to see the reactions of teams when they realized I had no real healing capabilities, it's also led to me been kicked out of teams before which is a little annoying...though I guess its all part of the fun =P
Anyway, so when I was thinking of a personality for him to rp, I decided that since he's already a healer who can't heal, why not go all the way and make him hate all organic life while he's at it? It was only later that I realized the unfortunate similarities between Healbot and HK-47 of KoToR fame...nevertheless, he's definitely one of my favorite characters to rp.
There are few who would call Healbot 'friend' and almost definitely none that Healbot himself would bestow such a status to. This is largely due to the intense hatred he displays to all things living as well as his habit of trying to kill people when he first meets them.
Healbot is a member of the supergroup known as Hyperion Force. Despite his affiliation with them, most members of the group simply tolerate his presence.
- Alexia Dale - One of the three leaders of Hyperion Force, Alexia Dale is Healbot's legal owner. According to Healbot, Personal Medic Units are legally require to be under ownership of an individual who can take responsibility for any unforeseen events which occur in the course of the unit's practice of medicine. Like many of the other members of the Force, Alex is quite vocal about her dislike of Healbot and often gives him stupid commands, mostly out of spite. Healbot on the other hand, prefers showing his distaste of her by constantly offering her poisoned tea at any available moment. While he often states his hate of Alex, he does admit she is more likable then other members of the Force, or as he puts it, "Just ever so slightly less repungent."
- The Blind Samurai - Jade, otherwise known as the Blind Samurai has for some strange reason, taken what appears to be a liking for the homicidal robot. The reason for which is not known, but is probably simply due to her naturally kind and accepting nature. Despite the goodwill shown by Jade, Healbot has stated that she is, "Every bit as putrid as the rest of your underdeveloped species."
Healbot would be best described as the physical manifestation of hate. His pure and undiluted hatred of organic life is well known to all the members of the Force and is easily his most noticeable characteristic.
Beyond this however, he is also highly arrogant, often referring to himself as, "The Superior One," and downplaying others with equal regularity.Healbot also has a love for never openly admitting to killing anyone or anything, instead preferring to use thinly disguised statements which suggests the deed.
He possesses a distinct lack of emphathy towards others, often going as far as to enjoy watching people suffer and to draw amusement from tragedies up to and including deaths. Healbot is often found joking about the many heroes he's seen die otherwise preventable deaths should he had chosen to intervene.
Healbot is equipped with standard issue energy blasters which are common to all models in the Crey Personal Medic line. However, he has also somehow managed to form a pact with a demon from another plane which allows him some degree of control over the netherworld.
Healbot is equipped with standard issue energy blasters which are fairly weak and generally non-lethal. This is perfectly fine for Healbot, as he prefers stunning victims with them before kicking their prone bodies.
Due to his connections with the netherworld, Healbot is able to open the Nethergate for a limited period of time; drawing demonic forces into his plane of existence to do his bidding. The dark powers he commands includes:
- Dark Aura - An aura of darkness which shrouds Healbot and his, "meatshields". It allows them to blend into the darkness and avoid attacks more easily.
- Life Drain - Drains the lifeforce of enemies to replenish and revive Healbot and his, "meatshields". This is the closest thing to healing that Healbot will engage in, though this in of itself is a rare act.
- Darkness - Shrouds Healbot's enemies in darkness, making it difficult for them to strike.
While many are loathe to admit it, Healbot's all permeating hate is so strong it often seeps into the subconcious of others nearby. This normally results in an increase in combat ability for Healbot's team, though many heroes would try to deny they felt any different.
Weaknesses and Limitations
- While not exactly a weakness, Healbot has few who would ever be tempted to help should he ever be in need of aid. This was clearly illustrated during a recent Rikti invasion in which Healbot was attacked. An explosion was heard immediately before Healbot's comm was cut off, leading the other Force members to believe he was destroyed, where several members openly celebrated his 'death'.
- For all his hate and aptitude for violence, Healbot is in essence a domestic medical droid; his self defence mechanism, that being his energy blaster is a rather ineffective weapon. Also, his frame is incapable of withstanding large amounts of damage.