From Unofficial Handbook of the Virtue Universe
|Real Name:||Susan Miller|
|Place of Birth:||Boston, Massachusetts|
|Known Relatives:||Mr. Skittles (cat), "My parents are too boring to name."|
|Visionary, Intellectual, Civilization’s Savior, The Once and Future Queen, Cause for Concern|
|Invulnerability, Super Strength, Bad Jokes|
Susan Miller is a self-absorbed, fast-talking, hipster goof-off who makes most of her life's decisions based on what she thinks would be funny. She's amusing at parties, but generally dangerous and reckless. Basically, she's a problem. A real fan's fan of destroying things that shouldn't be destroyed; in Susan's mind, every moment requires a one-liner.
It doesn't take long to realize this girl is crazy. Also irresponsible. Also undependable. Also easily distracted.
Friends & Associates
Susan has floated between numerous unsuspecting hero groups over the years, often quitting in the first week. But she has made an assortment of odd contacts over the years because of it.
Susan has only one non-superhero friend; she lets her couch surf at her apartment in Peregrine.
Susan has two enemies. One is the petty villain gang known as The Starship Troopers, who once stole her pet cat. Her other enemy is the supervillain group The Coalition of Paragon Real Estate, which would like to see Susan burn at the stake for her many destructive misadventures.
Powers & Abilities
Susan has ridiculously invulnerable skin, making her very difficult to hurt physically, due to DNA manipulation at the hands of The Devouring Earth.
She also has great strength. This is unfortunately mostly used to toss around large things that shouldn't be tossed around. Her strength allows her to perform "the hyper-leap" (as she calls it)--which is... a big jump.
There are a few, minor problems Susan has due to altered DNA.
- Ridiculous metabolism. Susan must consume large amounts of food every day, making her food costs expensive and incessant. If she doesn't keep eating this high volume of food daily, she begins to get weaker and weaker over time.
- Random vomits. Every once in a while (roughly about once a week), Susan will begin to vomit out horrible, nasty green fluid from her nose and mouth. While this is relatively harmless, it's unpredictable and will render her temporarily immobile.
- Attracts Hostile Devouring Earth. Any time a Devouring Earth is anywhere remotely near Susan (even up to a mile away), they will sense her and move to destroy her. She is felt by them as a particular, maximum threat.
Sometimes the gift of incredible superhero powers can ruin a person. Susan is one such case.
In high school, Susan was a good student. And even shy. As her senior year rolled around, she became enticed with the glamor of Paragon, and convinced her parents over a commercial break of American Idol (they are purported to be avid TV watchers) to pay for her college there. They said yes so she would stop blocking the screen.
Towards the end of Susan's first semester, while naively collecting geological samples in a cave in Founders Falls for a class, she was apprehended by a derpy horde of Devouring Earth monsters whom stumbled upon her. Susan spent the next twelve months in some sort of coma-like state, deep within the nasty recesses of The Hive. A random group of heroes discovered and rescued her, and she was reawakened with the help of SERAPH.
While still unclear exactly what the Devouring Earth's intention with Susan was, it appears she was some sort of experiment. Her DNA transformed, scientists were worried about her, and deemed her powers "unstable" and "dangerous." These words scared Susan... and rather than try to resolve this, she instead stopped answering these scientists calls, and changed her cellphone number, to avoid running more tests. She also thought her powers were "totally awesome," and didn't want any scientists ruining her wacky, ultra-powered fun.
Over the next few months, Susan's *ego* would make the next transformation, becoming certain that she was very important as a hero. And in general. Soaking up any chance to bask in her objectively-questionable glory, Susan became intoxicated with putting herself in ridiculous situations and challenging herself, becoming more fearless, thanks to her near-indestructibility. For a long time she was obsessed with getting press and the attention of the news, often failing at that.
She'd chilled out a little on the fame-seeking in the last year, thanks largely to her alcoholism.
Random Facts About Susan Miller
- Thinks life is a big TV show and she's the star; regards everyone else as a supporting character for her.
- Because of her reckless past, Susan has had some news about her, and is vaguely on the police's radar.
- Absolutely terrible with money. Spends it frivolously.
- Genuinely wonders why she has a hard time getting a foot massage from random strangers.
- Has the social grace of a sledgehammer.
- Has difficulty keeping on the same subject for an extended period of time; habitually tangential.
- Has a hard time getting past her first impression of somebody.
- Fantastic at playing darts; enjoys doing this when drunk.
- Seems to have an obsession with "having pets" even though she has little to no ability to take care of them. Thankfully, most animals can detect this quickly, and rightly flee.
- She's also a wicked break-dancer.
Last Updated: 9/24/2019