From Unofficial Handbook of the Virtue Universe
Character concept/other misc overarching info here
- Vanguard - Ace was Induced into Vanguard roughly a month before the second invasion after word reached members of Vanguard Shield of his experience with the Rikti.
- Reciprocators - Upon landing on earth, Ace found his way into this organization. He spent his first months on earth as a member.
- Hyperion Force - Prior to his return following his people's Civil War, Ace joined this group almost accidentally. By just happening to bump into one of it's officers, Alexia Dale
- Spade Retenra - One of Ace's early friends, before his return to his home world.
- Dahak Spartan - Another of Ace's Close friends from before his return home.
- DJ Shecky - Ace's "Favorite Urth Human" and a DJ which Ace tends to listen quite often.
- The Rikti - After the loss of his brother when the Rikti invaded his planet, Ace developed a quick hatred of the Rikti. Upon finding them again on earth, He focused his efforts almost solely upon them.
In Human form ace stands at 6'7" tall, with excessivly long legs. His limbs are thin, yet muscular, and is a great deal lighter then he appears. He keeps his long brown hair tied back in a pony tail and tends to dress very buisnessy, dispite his informal attitude. A large gash crosses his face, the scar from a battle long past.
Ace's Half-Human Half-Arcadian form, used when he want's people to know that he really is "out of this world." His body type and height are all the same as human form, however his once tan skin is replaced with a coarse dark grey leather-like skin. His ears flop down, inhumanly, and His eyes are replaced with six smaller red ones. His jaw structure, though while it appears to remain the same, unhinges to reveal a row of daggerlike teeth and smouldering saliva.
Ace's True form is one that is very unlikely to ever truly be seen by human eyes, save the hundred soldiers who participated in the Arcadian Civil War. Not human in the least the average arcadian stands on two powerful, large legs, split away from the torso slightly. Their powerful upper bodies appears smooth and slender, their spines lined with spike plates. Their leathery skin varys from light grey to pure black, and is primarily rigid, similiar to chitin on insects. The Arcdaian facial structure varries greatly from individual to individual, However common to all members of the species is a jaw split into two sections, an inner lower jaw, covered in dagger-teeth, and two outer "mandibles" each with powerful "tusks". They posses ears facing downwards, and several small eyes.
Ace is best described as a fun loving person who acts almost like a super hero who's wanted to be one all his life. When not in combat situations or prepping for them, Ace is a friendly, happy, super optimistic individual. In combat situations Ace takes on the role of a soldier, Grim and serious.
Ace begun his career as a soldier from a distant galaxy, from an honored bloodline, in a world where super powers weren't just common, they were a constant in every person. Sent to Earth in retaliation from an unprovoked attack, Ace quickly relaized that his enemys were in fact not what he was fighting. Switching sides immediatly, He joined The Reciprocators and found his place in the world. This all changed as he was called back to his planet to protect his empire from a civil war that had broken out. Five years later, He set off to return to Earth. Four and a half years earlier, He arrives.
Elm'Emser, Son of Rai'Emser was born a marked child. Unable to see and born silent, the Doctors almost had him killed on the spot, had he been born to another bloodline. Not a year later the child's powers surfaced, reducing what was once a sandbox and swingset to a crumbled mess of broken sand castles, metal bars, and toys. His father, as the present "Hero of the Empire" was pleased and quickly took the boy with him to begin teaching him right from wrong. Five years later, he pushed his son off on his own, into the Arcadian Military Academy.
Elm was quickly noted for his unique nature and fun-loving attitude, dispite countless disciplinary actions his smile never faded. What was noted however, was the child's inate ability to empower those in his unit. at age 12, he was placed into the Advanced Program, at age 18, he was one of eight chosen from countless soldiers to serve as "Alpha Team" Their generations Elite Squadron. His graduation from the academy was nothing unexpected, Steallar marks in all fields except Extra-terrestrial Culture, which he was the first in decades to honestly struggle with.
Their first assignment came with the first Cruiser detonating in view of the palace. The Rikti were there. Every able bodied soldier in the Empire rallied to fight this new menace, For the first time in ages a rival with technologies rivaling their own had attacked them.
The battle was bloody, millions gave their lives so that the Rikti could be stopped. The final battle was decisive, a small unit of the finest Arcadian soldiers punched into the center of the Rikti Mothership. Ace and his alpha team, led by Ace's older brother fought fiercely, but it wasn't until his brother sacrificed his life to give his brother the opportunity to succeed. The loss of his brother drove Ace berserk cleaving a line for his team members to plant the bomb that brought the ship down, ending the war.
The People were angry, they demanded blood. King Jarl'Tok, Ruler of the Arcadian Empire had his finest scientists locate the source of these invaders, and dispatched the heroes that defeated the Rikti armada, Strike Force Alpha, along with the distinguished crew of the Longsword. They arrived on earth.
[History since your character has joined the game]
[Current events shaping your characters life]
Ace has fused his combat training from the Arcadian Defense Force Academy with his own unique brand of Powers, Rapidly vibrating his limbs using his ability to manipulate sound. This effect is amplified by his battle suit, lending his blows a heavier force.
A Special Note: As Ace fights, it appears as if he is dancing to some inaudible music.
Specific information here on his super reflexes
- Flight - Ace is capable of flight through the use of boot mounted Jets, and directed through the use of his Scarf, which act like wings on airplanes
- Field Medic - Ace is a traiend Field Surgeon. However this is of little use with humans, as their structures are radically different from an arcadians.
- Musicaly Talented - Ace's Mastery of sound manifests itself yet again in his talent with musical instruments. His signature move with his guitar is playing with each of his five fingers, while sending a rapid assault of harmless sonic waves into the audience. His abilities also branch out onto his band mates, making each sound louder or softer, essentially turning him into the bands "human" Sound system.
- Zephyr Class Assault Cruiser "Longsword": The Chosen transport of Ace. Captained by a childhood friend and capable of out manuvering and out gunning most other Arcadian ships.
- Arcadian Warp Drive: A form of 'warp' technology that allows an Arcadian Ship to travel vast, intergalatic distances, sometimes arriving before they left.
- Raf'Tok's Talon Heavy Assault Cannon: The Longsword's main weapon is a heavy beam cannon designed for anti-formation attacks. During the Civil War, The longsword sunk four mid-sized frigates with one round.
- Guardian Class Assault Battery: The Longsword's short range weaponry. Anti-Fighter and Anti-missile designation, high fire rate but short range.\
- Prophet Class Assault Lance: The Longsword's mid range weaponry. Used for ship to ship combat, though performance is minimal at best. Often used as a distractionary measure until a boarding can commence.
- Class Heavy Missle: The Longsword possess two missile batteries, the __ is the Arcadian Empire's workhorse missile. Just strong enough to get the job done, not spectacular in any real way.
Cruiser Fighter Bay
- Harbinger Class Transport Ship - The Arcadian Empires Standard troop transport ship, capable of zero atmosphere flight and planet entry.
- Claw Class Fighter-Bomber - The Air Superiority fighter of the Arcadian Empire, capable of dogfighting and precision bombing
- Officer Grade Arcadian Battle Suit Mk XXVIII Prototype: A prototype of the most advanced combat operations suit available to the Arcadian people. Powered by the user's "soul energy"
Battle Suit Sub-Systems
- Wrist Scanner: Serves as a medical scanner, and data display for contained nanobots
- Nanobots: The Suit possess Nanobots capable of gathering data in various subjects
- Jets: The boot jets possesed within the suit are capable of four styles of flight: Low speed defensive flight, Standard speed short range travel flight, High speed long range travel speed, and Low atmosphere flight.
- Active Camouflage: The battle suit comes equipped with a highly advanced form of camouflage which alters the apparent physical construction of itself and its wearer to several preprogrammed settings.
- Berzerk Drive: A system used to tap into the very essence of the Arcadian people. Tapping into their Ancestral roots as preditors, This drive grants the user an immense increase in strength, endurance, and "super power potency"
- Limiter Removal System: The LRS is a controversial technology that removes all limiters placed on the Battle Suit's systems granting a dramatic improvement in performance at a very high "soul energy" cost. Supplied only to Emser Clan Leaders, in an attempt to make the "Greatest Hero Bloodline" shine that much greater.
Weakness & Limitations
- Arcadians have a deathly vulnerability to radiation. When unarmored, Small doses that would have no effect on humans would come close to killing Arcadians.
- Arcadian technology conflicts with Rikti technology, sometimes violently. A fusing of the two often results in detonation. Rikti blasters often cause Arcadian Comms to drop.
- Ace is an anti-psychic, causing him to be very vulnerable to psionic assaults on his behavior and often times, Psychics will read his mind without actively trying. The unprepaired attempting to read his mind, however, can find themselves sucked in to Ace's mind to almost disturbing levels.
- 'Ace McGwain' is a completely Fake name, Chosen by him because it "Sounded Cool"
- A Skilled Mystic would, with a careful enough investigation, Determine Ace's Equipment to in fact give off a magical aura, though unlike any magic present on modern day earth.
- Should Ace's communication system be hacked, All that would be heard is Music, both Earth-variety and Otherworldly, that /is/ all he uses the city-issued device for.
- Ace has been arrested once, for "Disturbing the peace" when an Old Town Buffet Manager called the police to have him removed from the premisis. Ace was outraged that he "Did not get all he could eat" and was given a restraining order on all buffets in Paragon City and most of Rhode Island.
- Ace Has starred in many advertisements for various things ranging from Subway (His slogan "Even /I/ get full!") to Golf Equpiment ("These Drivers are out of this world!")
- Ace had a movie made documenting his initial conflict with the Rikti entitled, "Arcadian Dawn: The story of Elm'Emser". This movie was so laced with subliminal messaging that it caused the final tie to break, turning Ace upon his old allies and siding once more with humanity.
- Ace has a sentient "Teddy Bear" named Lt. Snuffles
- Quite often, Ace starts talking to people without looking at them. This is due to the fact that his sight is /entirely/ based upon his sound manipulation powers.
Creator Contact Information
[Not required but a good idea to include since I am creating your character profile, how can people reach you.]
- Blog: Link Name - this is how to create an outside link, put the entire thing in single brackets, url space and whatever you want to name the link.
- Global: @DJ Spaceman
- Official Forums:
- Virtueverse: Name - this is how to link to your user account, the name has to be listed twice with a pipe (|) between otherwise it will have the word user in front of it which looks ugly.