From Unofficial Handbook of the Virtue Universe
My History As I Recall It
Ok, so here's my history. Bear with me, it's quite complex. So here it is in point form:
- I realised I was a mutant in my late teens, after a freak accident during an experiment I was performing, awoke my latent mutation. Back then, I could psionically control plants and generate and project flames from my hands.
- I was sent to the Isles after I tried to replicate my experiment on other humans, but failed multiple times. This isn't a part of my history I'm proud of and looking back on it, it makes me feel sick to my stomach.
- Sent to the Zig, escaped during a riot, you know the drill.
- I started working at a nightclub called Korhardril's Nighthaunters where I made a lot of friends, including my best mate Detective Parker, among others (see friends section). I also had a string of failed relationships during this time.
- This part becomes kind of a blur. I know I had tried to have a serious relationship, but that failed, I attempted to commit suicide a few times because I was kinda screwed up. I also helped Parker and another good friend of mine, Ollie, to fight a crazy ass demon, Labal.
- During the fight, lost my ability to control plants.
- The demon felt bad and he set up a meeting for me with the Phoenix Force who restored my power, but burned away the ability to control plants and gave me full control over fire.
- I flew into the sun.
- No, I really did. I thought I was invincible.
- I started to date Tom Frost, an Outcast of the frosty variety, ironic, I know. We weren't serious and he couldn't commit which drove me crazy, our relationship was failing.
- I met my first true love, Esais van Helsing. We started spending a lot of time together and eventually I decided to leave Tom for Esais. That didn't go well, to say the least.
- Esais began teaching me about his organisation, the Van Helsing Association, and I learned to become a hunter like the rest of them, specialising in killing werewolves after one had attacked me and tried to rape me.
- Esais and I began to fall further in love and we eventually married, below is one of the only pictures I have of us together left:
- I died, again, and the Phoenix restored me, again.
- Esais and I married and we continued our work with Van Helsing Association. I was sworn in through an oath and I changed my name.
- After some time, Esais was killed. I'm sure I don't need to go into detail about how that affected me.
- Eventually, I took over control of the Van Helsing Association. I found myself a little out of my league so I brought in some outside help. A move that didn't go down too well with some of Esais' brothers.
- After quite a while, I left the Isles. Even though I was still married I needed to go home to find myself.
- Oh yeah, before I left, the Phoenix came back to reclaim the portion of power she left with me.
- I came back, briefly and then left again.
So that's the story up until now. During my time at home I can't say did anything great. I went about my normal life working mostly on my parent's farm. I lost contact with Esais, my husband, and I didn't really try to salvage our relationship. Kinda weak, I know, but that wasn't solely my decision. Eventually I filed for divorce. Surprisingly the papers passed, considering the last I knew he was dead. I also received a fairly large amount of money, but that was never my intention or my interest.
The Isles or Paragon City, this area of Rhode Island anyway, has this strange way of calling to you. I had so much history, so many stories of this place that I just had to come back. I don't know what I'm here for yet, but I've already met some familiar friends and ghosts from my past. Oh yeah, I found out that my husband died, again; I have a clone and a Praetorian version of me running around and the Phoenix decided to pay me a visit before I came back, just to restore my powers. God she's good.
Pyrokinesis: Asher possesses the mental ability to control ambient heat energy and the physical ability to transform his entire body, or portions of his body into a fiery, plasma-like state of will. The cells of a normal human body convert energy from foodstuffs into a form of energy usable by the body, adenosine triphosphate (ATP). Asher's mutagenic changes triggered a specific genetic code rearrangement that caused the his ATP production sites to generate a new form of energy containing molecule. This complex molecule not only provides ordinary bodily energy but contains large stores of latent chemical-bonding energies. Another favorable mutagenic change are his cells' ability to utilize this extra energy by converting it into a moderate-density, plasma-like state that is regulated by a subconscious mental field and can be modified by an act of will.
Plasma Form: Asher possesses the physical ability to envelop his entire body or portions of his body with fiery plasma without harm to himself. (Plasma is a super-heated stated of matter such as exists in the atmosphere of stars.) Ordinarily, when aflame, he is enveloped by a low intensity flame of low level plasma (reddish, approximately 780 Fahrenheit), which ranges from 1 to 5 inches from his body. He can, however, generate much higher levels and flames about himself. The energy used to support his low-level plasma is small; only when Asher wills his flame to a higher level does the majority of surplus energy with the AR-HP complex become involved. In its plasma state, his body is no longer solid; projectiles that are not melted pass harmlessly through his body.
Fire Manipulation: Asher can generate shapes composed of fire from any point on his body. (He usually employs his hands to "sculpt" the flames.) He can form fire into long streams, spheres, or even more complex shapes like letters in skywriting. These flames-objects will only remain their shapes as long as he concentrates upon them. The objects will only burn about 3 minutes before expiring unless he continues to infuse them with energy. The temperature of these fiery projections is generally around 2,800 F (near the melting point of iron).
Flight: Asher's plasma has a high hydrogen content, and is surrounded by an exuded cloud of mono-atmoic hydrogen atoms. The hot cloud provides sufficient positive buoyancy for him to float. With mental stimulation of his flame, he can provide enough lift to carry around 180 pounds. By forming a jet from his feet, directed behind him, he can achieve a normal flight speed of 140 miles per hour, and accelerate up to supersonic speeds capable of catching up with faster beings while in the Earth's orbit.
Thermokinesis: Asher has the ability to mentally control the ambient heat energy within his immediate environment, even when he himself is not aflame. He can reduce objects' temperatures (if they are in a normal range for existing on Earth's surface) to about 30 F, raise them to several hundred degrees, or extinguish open flames. His radius of influence is about 80 feet. The heat energy he takes from the environment is absorbed into his own body. If he takes in a critical amount while he is not aflame, he will become aflame. There are unknown limits to the amount of flame he can absorb into his own body harmlessly while he is himself aflame.
Immunity to Fire & Heat: Asher is unaffected by heat and flames, including his own, even when part of him is aflame and the rest of him is not. His flesh cannot be scalded or burned by any heat source whose level is below that of his maximum output.
Martial Arts Combatant: In his liftetime, Asher has since taken up several forms of martial arts since he lost his original powers of plant control. He is skilled in unarmed combat and is a skilled user of double blades. When Asher first started to study marital arts he showed a great desire to reach self mastery and inner discipline, which he did. He is skilled in many Japanese combat forms including Ninjutsu. Asher has Olympic-level athlete capability, strong in gymnastics and endurance feats, his high level of athleticism is focused in strength, speed, agility, and reflexes. Asher has naturally enhanced his body through regular training. Asher trains on a daily basis to reach his peak human limits. More recently he has cut his style back to a street fighting style.
- Detective Parker: Asher and Parker became unlikely friends when they both started working at Korhardril's Nighthaunters. Asher was in a relationship and often used his homosexuality as a way to annoy Parker. Their common love for Australia drew these two 'larrikins' closer together. From the Nighthaunters they went their separate ways, in terms of employment yet they remained very close. One of the reasons for this closeness was the incredible bond Asher feels with Parker, akin to that of a brother. Parker was the only one who could convince Asher not to kill himself when he went down that path. From chasing and raising Honey Bears, to working together to defeat their enemies to dressing and playing 'God', these two were an inseparable pair. When Asher became romantically involved with Esais, he and Parker went in separate directions and lost contact. Asher remains hopeful that one day they'll meet again.