From Unofficial Handbook of the Virtue Universe
|Real Name:||Cherise Boudreaux|
|Known Aliases:||Cheri, Char|
|Weight:||um...average for her height and frame =P|
|Eye Color:||Pale Blue|
|Place of Birth:||New Orleans, LA, United States|
|Base of Operations:||Paragon City (Skyway City), RI|
|Known Relatives:||none that she knows about|
|'Ghosting', command of Nether energy|
|Dark Miasma, Dark Blast, Illusion Control (RP'd as manifestations of Nether energy), Radiation Emission (RP'd as more Nether energy goodness), Dark Melee and Shield Defense (RP'd as hardening of Nether energy to form a shield)|
Uuuh...to be honest, the concept for this character came mostly AFTER I got her defender version almost to 50. Darn that double xp weekend. *cough* Anyway, I was aggravated at the fact I had yet to get a defender higher than 20 before deleting it. Who knew that dark/dark was the combo for me? No buffs, just one targeted heal and a buttload of debuffs. Her personality emerged as a mash up of other characters I've made before. Eventually I fleshed her out, gave her a full fledged bio, and she's now become one of my most played characters on the Virtue Server. Since the release of i16, the power customization has made it possible to branch Char out into other ATs, simply RP'ing those other powers as being extensions of her abilities.
In the beginning...
Cherise's parents weren't exactly enthused when their daughter came out of the womb sporting gray skin, a tail and little bitty wings, and it was no surprise to the nurses at the hospital that the parents took off and left the newborn there. She became a ward of the state and put into the foster care system. Eventually she was put into the Lady of Mercy home, a place where many unwanted children (mostly mutants with strange physical mutations) ended up after a time. She grew up happy, and unlike most of her peers she didn't hold any bitterness regarding her situation.
She first became acquainted with her powers when 'the shadow man' (what eventually became her dark servant in game) came to visit her in her dreams. She was around 11. He would talk to her frequently, telling her what she was able to do. Finally, out of frustration, she started to listen to the shadow man. Her first show of power was a reading of the future. She saw the coming of Hurricane Katrina, years before it would actually hit. Of course, no one believed her, writing it off as the workings of an overactive imagination. Her powers began to develop more fully as the years passed.
When the hurricane she'd predicted as a child finally hit, the group home she'd lived in was wiped away, literally swept off its foundation. The children were sent off to different places...and in a moment of desperation, Cherise used her ability to tell the future to find out just what she was supposed to do now that the only home she'd known was gone. She got the answer she sought...and a lot more than she bargained for. She saw herself becoming a force to be reckoned with in Paragon City, joining Evolution-X, traveling to the Rogue Isles and making a presence there...and then her own death (a rather gristly one at that).
The steps she's taken up to this point is all a result of this reading. She took up with a couple of con artists on Bourbon street and fleeced the returning populace and tourists of their cash, saving back so she could make her own trip to Rhode Island. Since arriving in Paragon and joining Evo, she's certainly made herself known, especially in Cimerora. She isn't afraid to throw herself into seemingly suicidal situations...mainly because she knows what the circumstances of her death will be. Hard to be afraid of dying when you know for a fact that 'suicide mission' won't be the end of you, you know?
Fill in zeh blank heifah!
Cherise is of the firm belief that if you have power, you might as well use it. She would probably be the last person to ask about using powers sparingly, as she quite often uses her own for personal gain. She's not the shining example of a hero, and can be quite greedy (primarily seen as her pocketing loot from missions to go sell off later). She firmly believes that the ends justify the means, and if the means stray into the gray area...well, so be it.
On missions, she can be quite reckless, often getting right up in the thick of things with melee fighters when she should probably be hanging back. She seems to have no fear of death, more than willing to throw herself into battle with Arachnos, CoT, Romans, Rikti and whatever else Paragon's evil has to offer. Some have labeled her acts as brave...others as borderline suicidal. Doesn't seem to really matter to her, so long as the job gets done.
She's very confident, to the point of being downright arrogant and cocky. She's willing to admit when she makes a mistake...but usually not unless that mistake really comes back to bite her in the butt, and not a minute before. Overall, if folks can get over this, they'll find she's pretty easy going most of the time. In missions, sometimes she can be a bit overbearing if things aren't going fast enough...or going unsuccessfully.
The most noticeable part of her mutation is the physical aspect of it, which is described in the physical synopsis below. Her mutant ability is basically the ability to 'walk' between our world and the Netherworld. By 'stepping' more fully into the Nether, she can access the powers therein. With these powers, she can decrease the effectiveness of her opponents, put fear into their very hearts, and conceal her allies. She can also heal her allies and bring them back from grave injury if needed...unfortunately she must take the life force of others in order to perform these acts (in game this means she has to have an enemy target...in regular rp's she can sap from other allies if there are no enemies about). She can also use the Nether energy to give fortunes. While she is fully capable of seeing the future, the majority of the time, she simply gives someone a false future, something that they want to hear, rather than the truth.
Recently, she has been learning to solidify Nether energy into a shield. She's still working on this technique.
NOTE: I will never go as far as making up someone's true future in RP...ever. So unless you arrange something with me, consider anything she says to be simply BS, and it'll be up to your character as to whether they believe her or not.
A side affect of 'stepping' more fulling into the Nether is that she takes on a ghost like quality, allowing her to pass through solid objects. In this ghost form, she is able to fly, as her body is weightless.
Cherise sports stone gray skin, and on her face is an intricate set of markings, just a shade darker than her skin. She has a row of four little horns that run across her brow and tail that has a tuft of lavender hair at its end, very similar to that of a lion's tail. On her back is a tiny set of bat-like wings, and her hands sport sharp claws.
Cherise is tall, and has a willowy sort of build. While she's not all that muscular, she's not exactly a slouch when it comes to strength. She can take a few hits here and there, but she certainly wouldn't be going 10 rounds in the ring anytime soon.
- Evolution-X: Cherise saw in her vision of the future that she was to join Evolution-X. The Samoan Scrapper found her through TRACS (an advanced system used by Evo to track down mutants). Cherise popped up in the system when she was reading people's fortunes in Atlas Park. When Sam showed up, all Cherise said was, "About damn time, where do I sign up?" She since has left this group to join...
- Paragon Elite: When Cherise makes her infrequent trips over to the Rogue Isles, she often shacks up at the safehouse that was set up by Paragon Elite's "Exiles" unit. She makes use of their facilities to further her own goals over in the Isles. Her goals over there? Mostly just to be a pain in the neck for Arachnos and hang with her friends Bench and Firehawk. Thus far she hasn't really found anything to really drive her to do much else. She spent a short time as a formal member of the Paragon Elite, but eventually left.
- House of Heroes: Insert info here yo
- Bench: Char first met Bench in Cimerora, and since that first meeting she's teamed with the big brute on a few occasions. She often refers to Bench simply as 'big boy'...then again...who wouldn't? The guy is HUGE.
- Chillzone: John has become one of the closest friends Char has in Paragon. Recently, he's been sleeping on her couch. At first it was because he needed to lay low while police investigated a confrontation between Chillzone and an Outcast member by the name of Flashbanger, which ended with the Outcast getting killed and Chill being scarred. Now he's staying at her place so that Char isn't alone in her final days. He's the only one out of Char's friends that knows about the fact she's going to die (dun dun duuuuuun).
- Demon Hunter: Char partners up with DH quite frequently for various tasks. They've teamed up to take on just about everything Paragon, the Isles, Cimerora and the Shadow Shard has to offer. While many don't agree with DH's methods at times, Char is willing to look the other way in most cases. The ends justify the means, and if the means involves doing something unsavory...well...it's for the greater good, right? You can generally find these two teamed up wherever there is enough room for their combined egos...
- Firehawk: "Red" was among the first people Char met. She'd heard about Firehawk through news reports that covered the 'downfall' of a young hero. Though many folks are still wary of Laura, despite the fact that she's made great strides in regards to controlling her abilities, Char seems perfectly at ease around the young woman. The two often pal around in Cimerora, teaching Romulus's flunkies a thing or two about real power.
- Holler: Yup, put some stuff here chica.
- Skull Jester: ...try not to make this expletive ridden when you get to this part.
Fiction/Forum Role play
Ignoring the religious undertones there in the lyrics for this one, cause uh...yeah...Char just ain't the religious type. They do, however, catch the gist of how she feels and how she's been living since she saw the vision of her own death. She lives each moment like it's her last, and while that makes her go a bit overboard on some things (um...the greed...yeah, she is overboard with that), she's still living it up much more than she used to.
One of a couple songs that seemed to fit for Char's battle theme. Given that Char's ability allows her to tap into some nice unholy powers there, felt that the lyrics of this song, and the music itself, seemed to set the right tone.
- "Hope" - Apocalyptica - Listen
This is another song that seemed to fit for Char's battle theme. Just...yeah...the music to me just sets the tone for how she fights. Don't ask why, cause uh...not sure if I could really explain it much.
Did you know?
- Cherise's birthday is on August 1st, and her sign is Leo.
- Current AT's and levels for Char include: Lvl 50 dark/dark/dark defender; Lvl 31 DM/Shield scrapper; Lvl 14 dark/dark corrupter