From Unofficial Handbook of the Virtue Universe
|Night Widow Devora|
|Real Name:||Jezabelle Ahriman Zeruge|
|Known Aliases:||Breakette, Reckless Ruiner|
|Weight:||She's not fat|
|Place of Birth:||Unknown|
|Base of Operations:||Unknown|
|Known Relatives:||Mergoth Zeruge (grandfather); deceased|
|Widow Training, Widow Teamwork|
|Intimate understanding of dark magic and soulbinding|
|Widow Blades, Darts, Various Poisons|
Devora is very secretive about how she came to be what she is today, but after leaking bits here and there to her various contacts, one could piece together a cohesive story, which would go something like this: She was raised by her grandfather, a small-time villain from the 60's known as the Breakmaster (a.k.a. Mergoth Zeruge.) She learned everything from him, including the family trade of soulbinding, which she would later use to betray and kill him. His soul is the core from which most of Devora's powers originate, though over the course of her villainous career, Devora would add more souls to her 'collection,' a feat that seemed impossible for any normal human to accomplish. The manner in which Devora can consume and store so many souls is a closely guarded secret, though she has hinted at some sort of surgery being performed on her. Most, however, assume that amounted to nothing more than a boob job (they did get bigger somehow.) Devora has recently joined Arachnos, which she views as a resource for power and recognition. No one can say where her career will go from here, but it will most assuredly be unhealthy for the civilized world.
There's no two ways about it, Devora is a bitch. She despises anyone and everyone if for no other reason than the fact they breathe the same air as she. She enjoys insulting people, flaunting her superiority, and being a real pain in the ass to people in the general vicinity. Many have suggested that perhaps she is in a perpetual state of PMS, but her menstrual cycle is as normal as any other human female's. If there is a soft spot in her, it is buried under a pile of hatred, anger, and malice.
Nearly all of Devora's superhuman abilities derive from the various souls she has housed inside her body. Her Widow training is perhaps the only 'natural' thing about the way she fights, but even that is assisted somewhat by her 'collection.' One could assume that if the extra souls were removed from her body she would be powerless, but it would be foolish to think that she would not have prepared for this obvious weakness.
Note: The following is for information and completeness purposes only. Please do not pretend like you know any of this ICly. Thank you.
Devora's soul collection grants her a myriad of abilities, all kept in check by some mysterious force within her. She currently has 3 souls within her that grant her special abilities. They are:
- Mergoth Zeruge - This is the crux of Devora's power. It allows her to manipulate negative energy and step through shadows as if they were bodies of water. Zeruge's soul also has the most influence over Devora's behavior and is perhaps partially responsible for her mean-spirited demeanor.
- Heart Princess - A bright and cheery empath hero, Devora encountered this one on a job in Paragon City. She easily bested the female heroine in single combat; and, after observing the potency of her healing abilities, absorbed her soul, which allows her to heal wounds to a minor extent. No personality quirks seem to be associated with Heart Princess' soul, though that doesn't mean they aren't there.
- Night Widow Carilla - Perhaps one of her greatest triumphs, Devora spent weeks planning the demise of her supervisor, a Night Widow by the name of Carilla. She hired a small-time thief known as Triad to break into Carilla's command center under instructions to steal a small trinket from the Widow. In reality, the trinket didn't actually exist, but it didn't stop Carilla from showing up to deal with the disturbance herself, a fact Devora had counted on from the beginning. While Carilla and her troops confronted Triad, Devora quietly snuck in, and when the Widow least expected it, she struck, draining her soul and adding it to the collection. She then proceeded to eliminate the rest of the facility's personnel, destroy the security tapes, and finally alter the computer logs to make it look like a Longbow assault. As for Triad, she assumes he fled the battle when he realized the entire thing was a setup. Carilla's soul grants Devora minor psychic abilities, enough for her to be fully inducted into the Arachnos Widows, which was her goal all along. Additionally, this particular soul seems to have not only altered her personality slightly, but has also altered her appearance, changing her hair color from black to white.
With the help of Alex Lowrey and the demon lord Labal, Devora has been freed from the mental prison of her souls and is currently powerless, save for her blades and Widow training. She has since gone AWOL from Arachnos, seemingly receding into the Rogue Isles' shadows for good. Her ultimate fate is unclear, though it is assumed she is either dead or working under the various gangs populating the Isles.
- Bane Spider Tau - Tau believes Devora is his minion to do with as he pleases and treats her as such, which infuriates her. She tolerates it though, as she sees Tau as a valuable contact within Arachnos. She takes special assignments from him mainly to gain insight into his schemes.
- Breaker - Devora hates Breaker. She wants to kill him, but will likely never get around to it because he is a valuable resource, and for a time, instructed her in the use of her powers. She believes she has matured past Breaker's teachings, and now merely uses him as an informant, and, on occasion, a source for interesting gadgets.
- Gadgette - This saucy mechanic earned Devora's ire when she was given a prototype psionic device to fix and ended up keeping it. In the end, however, it wound up causing Breaker quite a bit of grief, which she was rather amused by. Nevertheless, she still holds a grudge against Gadgette for daring to cross Devora.
- Lightsurge - The position of arcane specialist within the Venomous Web is held by this woman; a position Devora would much like to have to herself. She despises Lightsurge, and when the opportunity arises, she plans to humiliate and outclass the Mu woman at her own game.