Infinity Inc/Hybrid Series Commands
From Unofficial Handbook of the Virtue Universe
(( Mature Roleplay Warning: This page may contain references to
- Physical, mental, psychological, or other types of coercion or conditioning
- Physical abuse, sometimes including torture
- Generally treating people like disposible, possibly even interchangeable tools
If any of the preceding topics make the reader uncomfortable in any way, please consider a nifty alternative such as the Evil Geniuses for a Better Tomorrow. Real Life is too short to be unnecessarily miserable! ))
Infinity Incorporated Client Voice Commands
Hybrid Alpha Series Commands
The following voice-biddable routines typically are programmed into a Hybrid Alpha Series minion, and available for client use:
- Drop: accompanied by an object, target, or subject descriptor, directs a Hybrid Alpha Series minion to cease contact of any sort with the indicated subject, and move away from it immediately. Items can be dropped, persons can be abandoned, and places can be vacated.
- Fetch target: accompanied by specific parameters identifying the object or person to be collected, this command may require the use of a clear image or representation for the desired target. Success may be simplified, in the case of a living target, by presenting an object with an identifying scent or texture for confirmation. Some Hybrid Alphas are advanced enough to fetch a correct target based upon directions to the specific area where the target is expected to reside. Most Hybrid Alphas, however, have limited or no capacity to read; they can connect a preprogrammed thumb drive to a USB slot without damage, for example, and recognize a "Complete!" symbol that tells the Alpha to remove the thumb drive for return, but more complicated functions will require a Hybrid Delta Series minion.
- Follow subject orders a Hybrid Alpha Series minion to accompany the subject until given new instructions. They tend to wander about, rather than travel in a smooth path.
- Give subject to target is a delivery command, requiring specific definition of the recipient.
- Guard subject: accompanied by parameters at least as specific as a Fetch command, ideally this command is given in the presence of the subject to be guarded. Note that ranges of Guard may also be given, from "Guard this (fragile object) from any touch" to "Guard this person from death".
- Hunt enemy: accompanied by specific, vague, or even exclusionary parameters for the seek-and-kill mission, this is often a more complex task than Kill. In cases where the target's location must first be determined, or where stealth is a requirement, Hunt is a more appropriate command.
- Kill target: accompanied by specific, vague, or even exclusionary parameters for the extermination to be conducted, this command can be as simple as "Kill all in target location" or as complex as "Kill only enemies that wear a red metal buckle." This command may be given with a categorical target, such as "animated dead" or "Rikti".
- Here orders a Hybrid Alpha Series minion to approach an indicated location, and remain alert in it for potential danger, until released. Unfortunately it seldom works unless perfectly presented, and the Alpha will almost never remain completely rooted in the designated spot.
- Hide directs a Hybrid Alpha Series minion to avoid notice. If no parameters are given, the Alpha understands this command to mean that it should use all necessary techniques of camouflage and stealth; if it is spotted, it will dispose of the witnesses before an alarm can be raised. This command can also be used with a designated target, if the intention is for the Alpha to conceal an object such as an eavesdropping device or plant evidence. Note that some Hybrid Alpha Series minions are not designed for avoiding notice. If the Alpha immediately responds to this command with "No", consult your user manual or the nearest Hybrid Delta Series minion before administering correction.
- Silence directs a Hybrid Alpha Series minion to avoid all chance of making sound, even modulate its breathing as necessary, until directed otherwise. This command is the first one tested in any new prototype regardless of Hybrid Series. Do not be alarmed if the minion reacts to this command as though any noise it makes, in fact any direct attention subsequently focused upon it, will result in dire immediate suffering. Note that excessive or prolonged use of this command may cause panicked or disorderly behavior due to strain. Some I.I. Hybrid Series Minions are naturally more silent by nature than others.
- Stay orders a Hybrid Alpha Series minion to remain in the indicated location until released. Unfortunately it seldom works unless perfectly presented, and requires an accompanying gesture even if it is an instruction for part of a series of expected tasks.
Complex or condition-dependent
- Report directs a suitably trained Hybrid Alpha Series minion to communicate information it has gathered. Depending on the Hybrid Alpha in question, this can range from simple emotional impressions to nearly Hybrid Delta-level descriptions. (For best results, we recommend that a Report be made to, or in the presence of, a Hybrid Delta Series minion who can then translate. Most Hybrid Alphas communicate a significant percentage of their limited concepts via nonverbal means such as a proprietary code of gestures; all Hybrid Deltas are fluent in this gesture code, and can often deduce details that the Alpha is too limited to directly convey.)
- Rest orders a Hybrid Alpha Series minion to assume standby mode, and should be accompanied by a designated location and a list of permitted (or proscribed) activities. For long periods of idleness, we strongly recommend using this command to send the Alpha(s) into the portable cage provided.
- Return orders a Hybrid Alpha Series minion to get back to its portable cage, or return to the nearest Infinity Inc base, as rapidly as it is physically capable.
- Scout tells a suitably trained Hybrid Alpha to explore an area, noting location of doors, enemies, subjects, and objects of interest. The Report command is generally considered a subroutine of Scout, so if Report is not desired, this exception must be made very explicitly clear to the Hybrid Alpha Series minion. Scout can be accompanied with directions, time limits, distance limits, or conditional actions to take if a particular circumstance is discovered.
(Consult video library for pronunciation guide, along with instructions on any relevant gestures.)
Additional commands available via select Hybrid Delta Series minions
Delta Series control-equipped minions are able to properly deliver all of the above commands, usually with a variety of parameters. In addition, they have access to some special I.I. Only commands, which the Hybrid Alpha Series minions will generally disregard from an unauthorized source:
- Assist is almost always a conditional command, given to a Hybrid Alpha Series minion to delineate its part in a multiple-unit task.
- Chains is a rarely-used command given to a Hybrid Alpha Series minion who must be physically confined via restraints. This command is extremely strenuous for an Alpha to obey. Less advanced prototypes, or those already distressed, may be unable to maintain discipline; the client is advised to stay well out of the way, describe the requirements to the control-equipped Delta ahead of time, and presume mild damage is likely to occur.
- Eat informs and assures a Hybrid Alpha Series minion that a nonstandard meal is permitted for consumption. Alphas require a carefully managed high-protein diet, which often requires substitution via local resources on long-term leases.
- Obey indicates an individual who is authorized to give the Alpha commands, tasks, or requirements. If the originally designated client wishes to designate a proxy, having a Delta give the Obey command makes the new situation clear. Time limits and category restrictions can be included with this command.
Note that a Hybrid Delta Series minion who is having to manage a hysterical or distressed Alpha may be observed firmly using the Obey command and indicating the Delta him/herself. Such usage serves to restore a sense of order and security to the Alpha, which may otherwise express its distress as belligerence or withdrawal.
- Submit is a rarely-used command given to a conscious or semi-conscious Hybrid Alpha Series minion in need of immediate medical treatment. Contrary to outsider expectation, it does not indicate a battle of dominance or wills; it serves merely as a unique-sounding indicator that relief is being provided, and the Alpha should not strike out blindly. Any Alpha given this command should be left to the care of the Delta or other nearby Alphas, as it is temporarily fragile.
Consult your lease or User Manual to determine whether your Hybrid Delta Series minion is control-equipped.
Hybrid Delta Series Commands
Typically, Hybrid Delta Series minions are sufficiently advanced to take commands in a nearly conversational format, equivalent to instructing a moderately intelligent employee who lacks the ability to grasp any longer-term sense of a situation. Deltas are comfortable with requesting elucidation if they feel any particular lack of information will hinder their ability to perform to the client's satisfaction. Only four command concepts have specificly limited meanings:
- Sacrifice is a command given to make explicit that the indicated target -- an object, a person, an enemy, or (rarely) a Hybrid Alpha Series minion -- is no longer to exist at the end of the task. Note that any I.I. Minion will require confirmation from a trusted I.I. upper level authority for the destruction of functional I.I. property, including lesser minions.
- Retrieve is a very specific prompt given to recover fleeing, stolen, imprisoned, mind-controlled, or otherwise improperly absent I.I. Hybrid Series Minions. Please avoid accidental use of this command, as Infinity, Inc. will not be accountable for damage or complications sustained by users, associates, property, or bystanders if this command is uttered.
- Rescue is a command given to make explicit that the indicated target -- an object, a person, another I.I. Hybrid Series Minion, even a group of targets -- must be kept functionally intact even if all other mission parameters would fail. In rare circumstances, a Hybrid Delta Series minion will even tolerate the destruction of I.I. property in order to accomplish a sufficiently prioritized Rescue task.
- Punish is a command given to make explicit that the Hybrid Delta Series minion is to restore discipline in one or more Alphas who have violated their operating parameters. A properly soundproofed, easily cleaned location should be provided if the Delta requests dedicated space for the task.