From Unofficial Handbook of the Virtue Universe
Mick Hawkins was created out of the desire to make a character who was a perfectly average human being but works well with the cards dealt to him. His laid-back personality is somewhat inspired by Spike from Dinosaurs and Blaznee from Spaced Invaders.
Before Mick arrived on the Rogue Isles, he attended college in Paragon City. His natural talent for chemistry lead him to aspire to becoming a pharmacist. Through out his college years, he worked on a pet project of his he called "Turbo-Con."
He finally completed his project during his last year at college. When he presented it to his professor, he was astounded at the medical breakthrough. Assured by the professor that his project would be sent to the right people and he would be properly credited, Mick left his research and samples of the drug with the professor in his lab. However, the lab was broken into that night, and all of the research data, samples, and formula was stolen.
Later, the drug was found on Hellions and Skulls during gang wars and busts. Mick was accused of unlicensed distribution of his concoction, and the very professor he had confided in testified against him on the witness stand. He was sentenced to 10 years in the Ziggursky Prison Compound. The professor who had Mick put away then seized the patent for the drug himself. It takes a lot to steam Mick, and this is one of the few things that did.
The Chop Shop
The Chop Shop, sometimes called The Hawkeye Crew, is the gang that Mick leads. A majority of The Chop Shop work in a garage in The Rogue Isles, stealing cars, chopping them up, and selling the parts, which is how the name "The Chop Shop" came about. The beginnings of the Chop Shop came about when Mick met Snoops and Jazz in the Zig as cellmates. They later flew the coop and wound up in the Rogue Isles when Arachnos operatives staged a mass breakout.
- Miguel "Snoops" Juarez - Originally from Cuba but raised in New York, New York, "Snoops" learned a lot through a rough life on the streets. Mostly how to pull the trigger of a gun and curl his hand up into a fist and smash it into someone's face. He's a lifelong friend of another member of The Chop Shop, "Jazz". They both wound up in the Zig for armed robbery and grand theft auto. His nickname was earned because he seems to always have vital information. When asked to find something out, his response would always be "I'mma go snoop around." Snoops tends to be hotheaded and rushes headlong into a fight with little provocation. He rarely hesitates to pull the trigger on someone who's done him wrong. The hand gun he carries is a Colt Python with his initials etched into it the handle.
- Jasanka "Jazz" Bannock - Originally hailing from Jamaica, "Jazz" is the life long friend of Snoops. They've watched eachother's back in the streets of New York since their early teens and continue to do so in the Isles. Jazz dislikes the use of guns and violence but is willing to suspend his personal philosophies for the sake of necessity or survival. He is very nimble and fit, making him formidable in hand to hand combat. Because of his love for dancing and break dancing, he chooses Capoeira as a fighting style, rarely relying on his .38 caliber revolver. The name "Jazz" is derived from his real name, shortened to just "Jas".
- Nitro - Supposedly an old acquaintance of Snoops's, Nitro is a former Hellion. He left their ranks after deeming all of them "Posers". He has an obsession with fire and burning things. His obsession has even evolved into a compulsion to become fire. He has made numerous attempts to become a "fire elemental" by setting himself on fire in some ritualistic fashion, and each attempt was thwarted as Snoops or Jazz doused him in cold water. His real name is currently unknown, even to Snoops, and vehemently insists that everyone refer to him as Nitro.
- Hamlet McKennitt - Born to Shakespear fans, Hamlet, or Hammy as he's called, was always on the blunt end of jokes. This has made him easily irritable, especially where name jokes are involved. He's a Rogue Isles native and joined the Chop Shop after having saved Mick and Co. from aberrant Vahzilok abominations in the sewers. Before that, he was a freelance contractor for people who needed hirelings with plausible deniability. He wields dual sub-machine guns with deadly accuracy and is often compared to Ving Rhames in terms of appearance.
- Xavier "Spyder" Morrison - "Spyder" Is a distant cousin of Snoops's brought into the Chop Shop as an extra gun. Having also lived his life on the streets in tough neighborhoods, he found the ability to use firearms and brawl expertly. As laid back as Mick himself, he often refers to himself poetically as "a leaf in the wind." This vivid image is often shattered in a fight as he obnoxiously whoops and hollers, spraying off a hail of bullets at his opponents.
- Percival "Percey" Jenkins - Percey is yet another acquaintance of Snoops, brought in as a heavy hitter and intimidator. He isn't the brightest button and he knows that. He just doesn't care, though. He doesn't need to be smart when all he has to do is hit people until they stop moving or give up. "The simple job" as he likes to call it.
- The Chop Shop Crew - The rest of the Chop Shop consists of relatives of Snoops's or petty thugs who couldn't get in on big gangs. They possess mind boggling coordination and are able to disassemble and relocate automobiles in a perplexingly short amount of time in what would look like a well rehearsed and choreographed performance. They also specialize in the reconstruction and refurbishing of old automobiles and motorcycles.
- Turbo-Con (Alkaloid) - Short for Turbo Convalescence, Turbo-Con is Mick's original brainchild. The inhaler-administered supplement stimulates tissue regrowth and boosts the body's natural defenses against harmful pathogens. The drug causes rapid healing while adverse side effects are few and mild.
- Lazarus Cocktail (Elixir of Life) - A modification of Turbo-Con, the Lazarus Cocktail is injected directly into the subject's heart via cardiac needle followed by manual pressure on the heart to push the elixir through the circulatory system. The result is complete revitalization of the subject as well as a temporary metabolic boost. Subjects may experience abdominal cramps and vomiting as the chemical passes through their system.
The Dread Aces
As the leader of a gang, Mick has had to make hard decisions for their good as a whole. One such decision was to annex The Chop Shop into The Dread Aces. Though The Chop Shop was rapidly expanding, they were still just a rabble of petty thugs. Mick has never looked back since joining the Aces and offers his service to them as a makeshift medic, pharmacist, and something of a doctor while the rest of The Chop Shop acts as collectors, scroungers, and enforcers.
- Crimson Cutlass - His employer, as it were. He is often reprimanded by her for his use and fabrication of questionable substances (One use being that of tranquilizers on her when she goes berserk). He nonetheless, tries his hardest to gain her approval. He bears a casual respect for her, more like how one respects an old friend than how an employee respects the employer even though he calls her "Boss."
- Jet Nitro - Jet is also on Mick's case for his use of medicinal supplements which she views as drugs. This is one of the few things that causes Mick to become exasperated. He regards her as some kind of older sibling that worries way too much but likes her as a friend all the same. He is often shocked when Jet "cracks wise" or makes jokes but encourages her to do so more.
- Dead Eye Jake - Possibly one of the few people in the Aces who approves of Mick's research and medical methods. Jake has supported Mick in his various chemical ventures, giving him the go-ahead to continue development research on Psionide. He thinks Jake is kind of a crazy old fogey but respects him as a fellow gang leader and gunman.
- Sungazer - Forever locked in a battle of wits between the witless, Mick and Sun are friends in the way that they make fun of eachother constantly.
- Kichi - Yet another person who is on Mick's case for brewing up drugs. He thinks of her as another worried sibling type of friend.
- Vexx Vandal - Someone he sees as the kid brother he never had. He does his best to look after him and make sure he stays out of trouble. By "staying out of trouble" Mick really means not getting caught when he's up to mischief.
- Fearghas - Or "Freddy" as he calls him because his hair reminds him of Freddy Jones, the leader of the gang in Scooby Doo. He gets along well with him because they're both laid back and easy going.
- Nujiru - Mick had never met a real live ninja before he joined the Dread Aces, and he feels extremely fortunate that this ninja in particular, as well as his tong of assassins, are friends. Mick tries his best to show Nujiru the same formal respect that he shows.
- De-Motivator - Of issues regarding "De-Mo", Mick is often confused. Possibly because of his obsession with color coordination and always speaks in questions even if he's making a statement. He feels fortunate that he's not on the De-motivating end of De-motivation though.
Mick Hawkins is currently gathering information on Metahumans with an invention called "The Metadex". It was created by his old college professor Professor Pine and delivered to him by an old college pal, Cloudgazer.
- Mick's dad, Marshall Hawkins, is a banker in Paragon City.
- Mick doesn't like to drink heavily but enjoys hard lemonade from time to time.
- Mick always has atleast two pairs of shades on him at all times.
- Mick was originally going to be named Mick Magnum.
- Mick's favorite pokemon is Bidoof
- Mick's claims to being a "real doctor" are quite possibly unfounded.