| Night Leopard
| Agent of S.C.O.R.P.I.O.
| Player: @Doonznasty
| SCORPIO Intel
| Security Level:
| Agent Personal Data
| Real Name:
| Known Aliases:
|| 6'2" / 225 lbs.
| Eye/Hair Color:
|| Unknown / Black
|| Citizen of the United States
| Current Residence:
| Marital Status:
| Known Relatives:
| Known Powers
| Night Leopard has no super powers.
| Training / Abilities
| Exceptional hand-to-hand combatant, Demolition Expert, Master escapologist, Peak human physical condition, Genius military strategist
| Cybernetic Arm and Legs, Custom-Made Impervium "Leopard's Fang" swords, Revolver, Impervium Katana, Impervium Club, S+W final edition 66 4" 357 combat revolver, Impervium Throwing Knives, Grapple Gun, Raptor Pack, Jump Pack, Personal Med-Com (P.M.C.) Unit, Personal Portal Receiver (P.P.R.), Night Vision Mask, Impervium-Kevlar Blend Body Armor, Silent Impact Cushion (S.I.C.) Boots, Impervium arm sheaths w/ S.I.C. inner lining.
| Night Leopard was once a member of Operation: Grey Razor
• History •
Reworking it to fit his new S.C.O.R.P.I.O. persona.
Operation: Grey Razor :
The three years Night Leopard spent held prisoner by the 5th Column probably felt like an eternity to the man. Research into his time in captivity has unearthed surveillance footage of the intense physical and psychological torture the man received. He spent two years being beaten to within an inch of his life on a daily basis and the man never uttered a single word.
The footage also captures Night Leopard's escape, which was nothing short of brilliant if not incredibly clairvoyant. On the exact day that Jack Slayton and Jonathan Pratt/Cyph'on were raiding the facility he was being held in (following a series of raids in an attempt to find their missing comrade) Night Leopard finally communicated with someone in the facility. He began speaking to Simon Killmorgan, the man held captive in the cell next to his, and convinced him to attempt to overtake his guards. Together they did just that, unfortunately in the process Killmorgan was wounded severly and it would take the combined efforts of Night Leopard, Slayton, and Pratt to extract the man from the 5th Column facility in one piece.
(Strategic Command Objective for Research, Protection + Interdictive Operations)
An extra-governmental intelligence and security organization formed to meet the rising storm of exceptional threats beyond the usual scope of normal law enforcement and military forces. SCORPIO is dedicated to protecting the nations and peoples of Earth from terrorists and all technologically-advanced, extraterrestrial, psionic, superhuman, occult, paranormal and supernatural menaces, and often assists such organizations as Alpha Watch and The Cerulean Legion in apprehending threats to national security and world peace.
The Night Leopard was never publically added to SCORPIO's ranks, the key word there being publically. He was, however, tasked by Jack Slayton to become an autonomous SCORPIO agent reporting directly to Slayton himself. Night Leopard proved, once again, to be one of Slayton's most trustworthy agents and together they eliminated countless terrorist threats throughout the world. This was his role up to and until Jack Slayton stepped down as Director of SCORPIO and has since gone off the grid. Coincidentally, it was around this time that all records of Night Leopard's involvement with SCORPIO completely vanished.
• Personality •
Night Leopard has undergone extensive black ops training and, as a result, his personality has taken a hit to the "fun factor" department. He's all business all the time, even when he's not. His mask never comes off and that's an order, not a preference. He's been to more countries and stopped more wars than he can even remember and now he's been brutally tortured for the last three years. Lets just say you won't hear him crack a knock-knock joke anytime soon.
• Abilities •
Night Leopard was trained by Jack Slayton, however, the exact details of his training have been deemed classified. All that is known (from sheer observation of his fighting technique) is that he is extensively trained in many forms of hand-to-hand combat, as well as stealth, and sharp shooting.
• Equipment •
- Night Leopard's right arm and both his legs are cybernetic implants composed of impervium and are "hard-wired" into his very nervous system. Since the implants have become bonded they have changed Night Leopard's physiology and given him a "healing factor", as well as enhanced phsyical abilities.
- Wrist Comm Unit:
- The SCORPIO wrist communications unit is an interesting technology developed by Singer Defense Systems for SCORPIO Agents. It is in essence a highly advanced computer capable of tracking mission data, interfacing with satellite scans and collected intelligence, providing a communications interface.
- Unit acts as a basic datapad, able to store and retrieve data from robotic systems/androids/etc., the SCORPIO database, other computers (via a direct link or wireless transceiver), comm signals, and standard datacards.
- Head-Up Display (HUD):
- A transparent display that presents data without obstructing the user's view. Originally developed for military aviation.
- Visual capabilities of the unit are taxing on the power cell and need to be replaced after a month normal usage.
- Areas with strong electromagnetic interference render the unit's radar useless while the communications become unstable.
- Anti-Gravity Harness:
- Standard issue SCORPIO device located within the lining of Agents' 'stealth' harness and belt.
- Can be used on 'low' for greater jumping in combat, 'medium' for a sort of 'super' jump, and 'high' for flight. Follows directional touch control commands located in the palm of Agents' gloves.
- MediPort Beacon
- Monitors vital signs in the wearer and prompts a teleport to the nearest hospital in case of an emergency. Can also be activated manually.
- Impervium Weaponry:
- Custom built "Leopard's Fang" swords are composed of pure impervium blades and impervium/kevlar blended handles. They have never broken or lost their edge.
- "Impervium hand axe functions as both a grappling tool, as well as an emergency weapon.
- "Impervium club with leather-wrapped handle is able to stop almost any melee weapon.
- Impervium throwing knives, able to penetrate nearly any surface.
- S+W final edition 66 4" 357 combat revolver:
- Standard-issue sidearm issued to all S.C.O.R.P.I.O. field agents.
- Customized SCORPIO uniform:
- 8-ply kevlar panels (able to withstand ballistic impact up to .45 caliber bullets)
- "Atlex 5" a fire-resistant material that withstand temperatures of up to 1500 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Impervium arm sheaths enhance strength, provide greater protection, and allow Night Leopard to cling to vertical surfaces.
• Allies •
Jack Slayton - The man who trained me. The Dire Jackal. The toughest S.O.B. I've ever met in my entire life, and I've met some of the world's very best soldiers and killers. He's also the man that left me to rot in some Middle Eastern hell-hole when things "went south" during an infiltration mission for The Razor. I suppose that's part of the job. Escaping captivity after three years in some underground dungeon or horrors he looked me dead in the eye and said, "Took you long enough." I'll never forget that, I wanted to both shake his hand and punch him square in the jaw. Since then he's recruited me into S.C.O.R.P.I.O. as a Covert Operative, in other words someone they can deny knowledge of should I ever show up on anyone's radar.
The Cyphre - Zero and I owe each other our lives and in our line of work that is worth more than gold. While we haven't been in much contact lately, what with him welcoming the "superhero" life with open arms and me ... being me, it's still comforting to know that I can rely on the man should I ever need his help.
Cyph'on - This guy is just odd. He's one of Slayton's men and that's pretty much all I know about him, personally, beyond the fact that I know I can trust him to hold his own in a fight. There is something off about him, though, moreso than just with his magic voodoo. If he turns on us I'm not sure the rest of our crew would be able to take him down. I gotta believe that Jack's got some kind of protocol for that.
Gamma-Bomb - The equipment he wears is essential to both contain and emit the radiation that is constantly flowing through Gamma-Bomb's body. A mutant, he developed his powers suddenly and the result was catastrophic. He nearly decimated his entire hometown when his body produced nuclear meltdown-like levels of radiation. Those that survived have been given greater than an 80% chance of developing some form of cancer above and beyond that of a normal human. Bomb's corny sense of humor and constant need for attention are surely the result of his guilt over a terrible accident he feels responsible for to this day. The "fishbowl" style helmet serves no purpose other than to satisfy his need to feel more human.
PowerPlayer - He's green, greener than goose shit, and incredibly powerfull to boot. His body absorbs energy from all around him at all times, he's basically a human battery. He then releases this energy in the form of kinetically charged punches, which I have to admit is all kinds of cool. My concern with him is if he absorbs too much energy. How much can his body store before he overloads? What is the consequence of that? Does this kid just detonate and wipe out a city block? This kid has all the makings of becoming one of the greatest heroes the world has ever known. He could also become a huge disappointment or, even worse, buckle under the pressure entirely and go rogue. My plan is to do whatever I can to mentor the kid, teach him self control before he accidentally takes a building out with a wayward punch. He seems interested in learning some hand-to-hand combat techniques and I suppose that's where we'll start. I'm sure the Jackal is watching this one closely, but he'll never tell me that.
Starslider - An alien who once attempted to pass himself off as a mutant, Starslider is still a mystery to even his closest friends. He'd rather talk about his current home than the one he was born on. Even then he says very little and is rarely around when there is no immediate threat to mankind. He doesn't need to eat or sleep or breath oxygen, instead he tirelessly polices the entire planet to bring criminals to justice. The little he has revealed about his home world to me, whom he considers his close friend, is that he was also a soldier there and that his world is in a state of constant war.