From Unofficial Handbook of the Virtue Universe
|Real Name:||Olga Knyazev|
|Occupation:||Weed Dealer, Monstrosity, Thief|
|Place of Birth:||Bavly, Russia|
|Dealer, Dead Head, Picky Eater|
|Survivability, Pain Suppression, Re-attachable Body, Claws, Berserker Rage, Psychic Immunity, Infectious Bite, Slowed Aging|
Olga Knyazev is a playful, upbeat, recent college graduate from Russia. And more recently, a zombie.
Powers & Abilities
- Survivability - Olga's body does not require most of what normal people need. She does not need to sleep. She does not need to drink water. She does need to eat regularly. She does not need to breathe air (e.g., she could be underwater for an extended amount of time). Olga is also immune to virtually all viruses and diseases that would affect the living.
- Pain Suppression - 98% of Olga's nerves are simply dead. She is able to generally detect simple things: like a vague sense of temperature, or if her flesh is being damaged, or if she's touching something. But most deeper sensory experience, both good and bad, barely register. The plus side of this is that Olga can easily endure things (such as a gunshot wound) that most others would find intolerable.
- Re-attachable Body - If any parts of Olga are severed, including limbs or hunks of flesh, they can be reconnected as a specific type of regeneration. This is done through sustained contact (putting the part back where it belongs) of about an day. Typically, this is made easier by sewing (stitching) it together.
- Claws - Olga's finger nails have hard and sharp, like razor-edged bones. She can cut through wood, or dense materials with them, easily making a bloody mess out of an unarmored person.
- Berzerker Rage - If something extremely upsetting happens to Olga, she will go through of a momentary loss of her mental faculties, and become a primal, angry, chaotic, and destructive monster. During this period, lasting only a few minutes, Olga's would be able to push over a car (about 1 ton lift), and her running speed is doubled.
- Psychic Immunity - Most mind-related psychic attacks do not work on Olga. She is simply immune to them. This includes illusions, mind reading, mind control, and mental attacks. This does not apply to 'magic'--only psychic-based power.
- Infectious Bite - Suffering from a zombie curse, Olga can turn anything she bites into a zombie. This includes any animal creature of reasonable size, including most mammals. (Yes, there could be zombie lemurs and dolphins.) Those infected can also make other zombies, too. Those who receive a zombie bite have about 60 minutes left to live, to have the curse removed, or they'll die. During this time, they will be feverish and groggy. After death, within seconds, the corpse reanimates. In almost all cases, a bitten subject only retain a slight remnant of their former self (just vague personality traits). Their cognitive functions are forevermore extremely limited.
- Slowed Aging - As a mystically-enhanced zombie, Olga's body does rot, but at a very slow rate. While certainly not immortal, if given the ideal conditions, Olga would remain a zombie for a few hundred years. Olga's mind would degrade faster than her body, and it might only be another fifty years before her mind deteriorates to the point of zombie-usual incoherence.
The Zombie Curse
While Olga is a miraculous exception to most zombies in several ways, she still has some expected limitations.
- The Look. While Olga's former self could be seen as pretty, her zombie form has grey, rotting, veiny skin. This is very noticeable.
- The Smell. While not absolutely putrid, someone that's standing next to Olga can definitely smell some rot.
- The Hunger. While Olga can go for weeks without food, eventually her body starts to slowly wither, and she becomes slower, and stupider, the longer she goes without eating. Olga's body can no longer effectively process normal food. It can only process the uncooked flesh and guts of mammals. While it doesn't take much to sate this need, it must be sated. Olga also has cravings for, and fantasizes about, eating human brains, but normally has enough willpower to not act on this.
- The Rage. If Olga becomes extremely upset, she absolutely loses control, and becomes a mindless monster for a few minutes. Her ability to think rationally completely gone, she will fight, eat, and smash anything that is seen as a threat.
Olga's parents were circus performers who traveled around Western Europe, especially Russia, and had a very free-wheeling, artist-focused lifestyle. Her mother's birth midwife was a clown, and Olga's godfather was a lion-tamer, and her father was a fire-swallower. Her family was and remains dirt poor, but during her upbringing, they managed to find a lot of joy in life, and instilled a wild, adventurous spirit in their daughter.
Home-schooled, Olga was remarkably bright for her age, and managed to be accepted to an American University (Paragon Univ. in Founders Falls) under a special international grant. She recently graduated with a degree in philosophy. With another year on her visa, Olga's life plants included living it up for a year in the USA, while looking for a permanent job there, and selling weed.
Olga died when the residents of a spooky house in Talos (Cliffside Avenue) accidentally released a pack of mystically-enchanted zombies into her neighborhood. Olga was one of their victims. However, unlike the other zombies, Olga has managed to keep most of her cognitive abilities intact. Additionally, her flesh seems to rot extremely slowly. While this might be a lesser doom, Olga isn't finding any silver linings in her situation. She sought out help from MAGI, but they are unable to help with her curse.
With her options limited, Olga has taken to petty thievery and slinging drugs on the regular.
Last Updated: 4/3/2020