From Unofficial Handbook of the Virtue Universe
Augusta the Kingsblooder
Gusta, Gussy, my most fave lil' six shootin' cowgirl. She started out as so much less than she is now. Just a concept char and a way to try out the mastermind archtype. But she grew on me more and more as I played her and now I wuvs her! The best part is that she is the product of all the wonderful storylines and people with whom she's interacted and grown along side.
Weaknesses and Limitations
- Saaliha - An Elder Assamite and packmate that has been through a great deal with Gus. ( meh, more to come :/ )
Gus has a number of ghouls in her service that also double as a near at hand Herd.
- King Ramses - Originally, King was a Bronze Strongman from the Carnival of Shadows that Gus kept running in to over and over again. His incredible strength and durability were near on par with her own and it was only by the barest chance that she was able to overcome the inherent psionic resistance granted by all Carnival masks and cow him into submission with her supernatural Presence. Since then he has become a devout follower of hers, easily the most loyal of her ghouls and least likely to disobey.
- Sahara Gallows - The least talkative of all her ghouls, Sahara is steadfastly, albeit quietly, loyal to Gus. When he talks the others listen and think twice before talking back. To date he has nearly killed Niles on three separate occasions because the loudmouth couldn't keep his mouth shut. The others are beginning to think that Sahara may be a borderline sociopath....
- Anubis Jones - If Sahara is borderline crazy, then Jones, or Jonesy as they all call him, is in the Deep South of Insanity. 'Anubis' is a weapon waiting for a target. A bomb just waiting for someone to tell him what to blow up. Though he's made great strides in controlling himself since becoming one of Gus' minions, he still sometimes slips the leash so to speak and gets a little crazy with the napalm. The man has a talent with explosives that none of the others can fathom...
- Johnny Ra - This guy is a mixed bag. Gus recruited him because of his off the wall personality and for his ability to think outside the box. But he's just as likely to fly off the handle or opt for a shoot 'em up solution. He's the foil to Sahara's surgical analysis and when the two of them put their heads together the pair can usually find a way out of anything. Johnny's also the most girl crazy of the bunch, constantly chasing skirts and hanging at the Pocket D. He seems to have a death wish in that he ogles Saaliha when ever he can get away with it.
- Niles - The man who put it all together before Gus stepped into the picture, Niles is not what people expect to see when they think of the stereo-typical gang leader. Slight of build, sharp of tongue. He's the most grounded of them all. His major talent is that he's able to mollify/cajole each of the others into working together and to do what each of them does best when the situation goes south of shit. He usually has a snarky comment for everything, but can find a way to get along with most anyone. He's the face of the gang when Gus isn't around.
- J.D. Thebes - How best to describe Thebes...well, Thebes is probably the most well adjusted of all Gus' ghouls. Whereas people like Jones, Sahara and Johnny might be in varying need of psychotherapy, J.D. is remarkably stable considering all the weirdness he sees. But neither is he blindly loyal like King or Niles. In fact, half the time he seems not even to care what the gang is up to. Whether its a bank job, a kidnapping, or just an ass kicking to some deserving little puke who has maligned his Mistress' name, Thebes is along for the ride as if he has nothing better to do. No one in the group knows what the J.D. stands for and not even Gus can compel him to say. He's a perpetual pokerface, and he snakes all the big pots on Card Night.
Enemies and Rivals
Opinions from Others
((Just a place for people to edit in IC opinions on Augusta.))
"Augusta, in her youth, stands beyond corruption. Her soul is clean." -Saaliha
- Gus is a late sleeper. A real slug-a-bed. Sometimes her ghouls have to make an effort to wake her, if she feels like getting up at all.
- Gus sometimes cheats at cards.
- Gus secretly likes to listen to Broadway musicals.
- Gus absolutely hates Jerry Bruckheimer films.
- Gus has a 2003 First Place rodeo belt buckle from San Antonio.
This article about a character is a stub -- a small, but growing, work in progress. If you're the creator of this character, why not consider expanding it?