From Unofficial Handbook of the Virtue Universe
A now Trasformed 16-year-old boy's dream come true, a pair of birthday presents from Crey Industries: a device that swapped genders, one that after 1st use broke down, yet for some reason it didn't bug him/her that it broke. In fact, he/she opened her next birthday present, an animal morph-ray gun that broke after transforming her into a half-beast. Again, she didn't care about it.
Both times her family suppected a side-effect (besides the fact she now didn't care she was permanently altered after saying he wanted to turn back...) of super powers, one class of powers her mom liked better and the other she liked. She soon found the transformation also had some unexpected mutations: The first of which were wings enabling flight.
It was later discovered that the two "presents" were actually nanite rays that had effected her mind little by little and had full control of every part of her body. She soon became crey's mind-slave and turned to a life of crime. She also mutated into a being of pure feral form. She currently calls this her "villain form"
Returning to Heroism
This was short-lived however, because due to a sheer force of willpower she was able to overcome the mind control as a wave of fried nanites gushed out of her ear. One item she stole durring her recovery happened to be "The amulet of bast" which she made into a necklace. When she returned to being a "good guy" she tried to hand it over with the other stuff she stole like any other reformed villain would, but it was stuck. Turns out it had a direct link to the Well of Furies.
Still stuck as a Catgirl but now with full awareness of the situation she had to seek mental help for a while before hitting the streets again.
Incarte and male form regained?
The well saw how she overcame the nanites and realized not many beings can accomplish such a feat, so it unlocked some of the true power in the amulet. Doctor Tigress soon found that the well had also given her the ability to become male again. Due to the fact this ability was channeled through the Amulet of Bast, this was not a full "return to normal" transformation as he was still stuck in his tiger-hybrid form. In fact, the original transformation was no longer controlled by the nanites at all, but the Amulet. It also gave her the ability to become her "villain form" should she need to go to the Rouge Isles again (everyone there thinks there are two of her, no one really knows why.)
Semi-Retirment and Sideckick
Over a decade later, Doctor Tigress had gone into retirement, becoming a geneticist to help those who Crey altered who don't like the changes, though being an incarnate, it's hard for her to avoid action. She also started mentoring a new hero, Mattilda.
- Doctor Tigress may not have been my first character, (heck, I don't even remember if I still have said character), but she is one of my two oldest (the other being Matbot 7) and the one I stuck with the most. Maybe because I found playing her so challenging?
- As with Matbot 7, Evil Doctor Tigress, and Mr. Lupis, she was copied over to Virtue from Justice during the free character transfer period when the US and EU servers merged if memory serves.
- Also in common with Matbot 7 and Evil Doctor Tigress was a small change or two in her back-story. Not really a retcon like the others but an extension to her back-story.
- She has undergone several design changes, in fact her original design even lacked a tail!
- The wings are part of her minor control over the nanites. I like giving proper explanations behind flight.
- She was my SOLE level 50. Alt-its and all. This honor has since gone to Mattilda on the Homecoming servers while Doctor Tigress is now much lower leveled.