From Unofficial Handbook of the Virtue Universe
|Real Name:||Sadie Savage|
|Age:||Appears to be in mid-teens|
|Eye Color:||Dark Brown|
|Place of Birth:||Port Oakes, Etoile Islands|
|Base of Operations:||Port Oakes, Etoile Islands|
|Plant growth and manipulation, thorn growth|
|Photosynthesis, hallucinogen production, regeneration|
|No additional information available.|
- Shadez: Sadie spends most of her time around Aden (aka Shadez), the Orphans' invisible sociopath.
- The Orphans
Sadie's hair is composed of thin, pendulous branches covered in tiny leaves. The overall visual effect is similar to very small dreadlocks or braids. If she is kept in low-light conditions for a long period or gets too cold, her leaves will turn a sickly yellow-brown.
Sadie is mostly pragmatic, though prone to occasional flights of mad botany. While she seems to have some capacity for empathy, she is generally callous in her dealings with people. Since she specializes in potentially lethal plants, she tends to disdain more mundane ones.
Since she spends most of her time around Aden, and he often remains invisible until he decides to enter a conversation or attacks something, she has developed a reputation as his harbinger.
Sadie is an altered clone given traits from numerous plant species among other improvements.
Plant Growth and Manipulation
Sadie can make a variety of plants grow at will, and has demonstrated an ability to force seeds or cuttings to grow. She specializes in dangerous plants and has to restrain herself from adding thorns, toxins, or prehensile vines to any new plants she designs. Plants she creates will not attack anyone she considers an ally at the time of their growth. She retains a small amount of control over her created plants in that she can make them wither at will.
Sadie's ability to grow specific plants is limited by her knowledge of what she intends to grow. For example, she will produce a mundane fruit tree if given a seed to begin with or if she has grown one before, but will probably produce an odd new plant looking only vaguely like the intended tree if she has nothing to work from.
Spike is not an individual plant, but instead is the name Sadie uses for any fly trap she may have at the time. Since its first appearance, Sadie has improved upon the basic framework of a mobile venus fly trap to the point that Spike has some primitive intelligence. Like her other plants, it will not attack anyone Sadie considers an ally at the time of its growth.
Sadie's thorns vary in size, but are limited to growing along the lines of her bones and are shed when not in use. Her thorns are toxic and cause mild muscle weakness and nausea, though Sadie seems to be capable of producing harmless thorns when she wants. She will usually only grow thorns along her hands and arms, and as such will not wear long sleeves.
- Photosynthesis: Through her hair, Sadie can photosynthesize sufficiently for her to subsist on light when necessary, though she would far prefer to keep her hybrid diet of light and regular food.
- Hallucinogen Production: Sadie can produce a powdery hallucinogenic substance that can also cause confusion and paranoia. Though its effects begin almost immediately upon exposure, they are short-lived. Like with her plants, Sadie seems capable of keeping it from affecting people working with her.
- Regeneration: Sadie will completely heal any wound she can survive. The process is much slower than typical superhuman regeneration and takes days or weeks instead of minutes.
Weaknesses and Limitations
Though Sadie has very good control of her powers, she relies heavily on them and would probably lose any fight she entered without her plants or thorns. She is meant for warm weather and is especially vulnerable to cold.
Since she is used to Aden being invisible and tending to appear or disappear without warning, Sadie is not startled by sudden appearances or unexplained sounds or motion, and as such has a slightly longer delay in reacting to them than a typical person. This could potentially leave her at risk of sneak attacks.
- All of Sadie's plants are automatically created sterile so that they cannot spread without her knowing. Though they will still produce fruit if possible, the seeds are useless.
- Sadie is plant enough that she can occasionally be contacted by other people who can speak to plants telepathically.