From Unofficial Handbook of the Virtue Universe
To thine own self be true.
I Love This Bar
The Hangman's Roadhouse is a semi-private bar which caters to a broad variety of clientelle in the Rogue Isles. Until recently, it was publically owned and operated by Mike Steelsoul Clark. In early September Mike left the isles to settle in Kansas and raise a family, leaving the pub under the management of Varasin and Tabby. The bar is presently run by the managers in trust for the owners, on behalf of the members and allies. Current management is Varasin, Tabby and Jalroy, with Varasin the primary manager.
The bar caters to rough and tumble types, few questions asked. Originally a vampire joint, the Roadhouse still serves blood when requested. Located in the Haven neighborhood of Cap au Diablo, the bar has an unusual atmosphere. It has some odd amenities, such as a mineral bath; and more mundane facilities, such as hot tubs, bars, and more. Hangman's has recently acquired the lease on the neighboring property and is expanding. The additional space is being used for a number of new amenities, resources and projects; along with the renovation of some of the existing fitouts.
On the side
ParaPharmaceuticals. This was a side business operating out of the Roadhouse, producing and distributing ParaPharmaceuticals. These are, basically, "Drugs for the Damned" — narcotics specifically tailored to affect supernatural beings, such as Werewolves and Vampires. Originally a bit of a side business of Ani Reaves, Mike bought a partnership and eventually started building a lab for her to work within the Roadhouse.
Production ceased while ago, and the lab is effectively packed up and not presently in operation.
Brewery and special beverages. The Roadhouse boasts Mike's custom built micro-brewery.
- Steel Springs Ale.This is my own special house brew. A distinct, if not somewhat strong, American beer. On tap at both bars, and best served in a glass. Bottling may be arranged later. (It tastes like American beer. Not the greatest in the world, but it's damned good. A bit stronger than the average beer, approximately 6 proof.)
- House Special. Not to be served to anyone not decidedly superhuman. It is designed to be able to affect most intolerant or resistant of people. Brewed in-house. Also, it costs 100 bucks a shot. (Magically and super-scientifically enhanced whiskey, not to be served to baseline humans).
- Flusso Wineries Red. Mike buys this stuff directly from Paola's vinyards. It's fairly decent. Actually damn good, I just don't much care for wine. Serve this to the fancy guests, like Miss Anastasia. (Mundane, but delicious).
- Rikti Cocktail. This stuff is some weird, high end Rikti beverage. It isn't quite normal human alcohol. In fact it's way stronger. Also is very expensive, but cheaper'n the House Special. ('Mundane' but stronger than everclear. It actually hits as if it were 350 proof).
- Bloodsinthe. Please ask.
- O'Hearn Whiskey. Sean makes this stuff. It's freaking awesome. It's a damn strong Irish Whiskey, but it makes you feel altogether good. (A potent, 90 proof whiskey, with added fairy spit, it generally promotes positive, happy feelings).
- Magic Vodka. Vodka Mike gets from a Russian ghost, opposite effect of traditional vodka, in that it cures drunkenness and relieves hangovers. Still tastes like vodka, though. (It's magic!)
Mercenary and Military and Like
- Ascension Foundation. A group of nominally apolitical soldiers, priding themselves on being the best of the best. Few know their true goals, but they basically protect the world from shit that goes Bump in the night.
- Ghost Hound. One of the largest mercenary organisations in the Rogue Isles. While on the surface they seem motivated by money, they are actually social revolutionary types "sticking it to the man".
- Inevitable Evolution. A significant revolutionary force within the Isles. The Roadhouse was recently able to regain allied status with IE.
- Weapons Union.
- Iron Wolf Cartel. Small cartel of diverse operatives.
- Inhuman League. A collection of decidedly, well, inhuman beings. Sentient animals, feral mutants, robots and other such beings.
- branded. They run a restaurant. And a bowling alley. And they straddle the border between sane and crazy. In a nice way.
- Profit Incorporated. The Isles-based company and organisation run by Mercy Killing.
- Abyss Empire. Refer Labal and Seba'eld. Hangman's Roadhouse have an associateion with Abyss for a number of reasons, friendship being one of them. Best ask Varasin about this.
Managers run the pub in trust for the owners and on behalf of members and allies. Varasin is the primary manager as at October 2008.
Owners hold the licence and rights to the pub. Generally they are off doing their own thing, reired, or absent most of the time. Varasin has created a Trust Deed of operation by which managemant of the pub is organised. As at October 2008.
Hangman's has a number of clients 'on the books' who routinely use the services of the roadhouse; some of them include:
This page is being updated. Last update 26 May 2008 (V)