From Unofficial Handbook of the Virtue Universe
- This page is about Varasin Karanis, the Praetorian counterpart of Primal Varasin, who is now known mostly as Raith Karanis
Born in Neutroplolis on 11 January 1983, aged 28 in 2011, Varasin grew up loved and sheltered — despite the times and the place. He was born some 18 years later than his primal counterpart, which is an anomoly yet to be explained.
- Trauma Surgeon. Varasin is a trained and multiply qualified trauma surgeon, with years of constant fatiguing experience in Praetoria. There he acted as combat medic and surgeon, and was also stationed at various civilian and government hospitals. He was the chielf surgeon of the trauma wards of the last two posts.
- Necromancer. Not the post-Renaissance version of Necromancy, but the older more pure type hinted at and documented in part in the bible. Typical examples include healing friends, warding them (their mind, body and/or spirit); harming or weakening foes; communing with someone's spirit and so on. For more detail on this, please see Komturei Lore. Varasin came to these studies later in his life, and is a natural at it. He will call what he does 'balanced necromancy'. It may not mean what you think. He is quite accomplished at this, but nowhere near as much as his primal counterpart, yet.
- Voice. Varasin has the knack, or gift, of being able to speak to those who may be enemies or powers, more easily than most. In some circumstances, those he speaks to are aware of this, and that he can neither lie nor deceive in any fashion while doing so. These such seem to give him some standing in their regard while he does.
- Childhood. A studious child, excelled at studies and was always at ease with himself and others.
- About 6' tall. Fit. Athletic.
- Group affiliations: Varasin joined the Phoenix Insurrection soon after arriving on primal earth, where he serves as a medical officer and sometimes assists with arcane matters. He is also closely involved with the Komturei and its lore, and has access to the House of primal Varasin. In late June 2011, Varasin offered his personal medical services to assist the Van Helsing Association, if required, and they accepted.
- Morals and ethics. Varasin has a very strong, almost unbreakable, code of ethics. These include the medical codes of ethics as a subset. He appears very non judgemental. He is a moral person, though rarely expresses what these are.
- Demeanour. Confident most of the time. Outgoing. If required to act, he does so immediately. However, he has only a small circle of friends. Tolerant. Rarely socialises. Sometimes seems remote. Sometimes answers questions not asked.
- Relationships. None for a very long time.