From Unofficial Handbook of the Virtue Universe
| Agent of S.C.O.R.P.I.O.
| Player: @Cyphre
| SCORPIO Intel
|| Special Agent
|| Magic, Dark Melee/Regeneratrion Scrapper
| Security Level:
| Agent Personal Data
| Real Name:
|| Jonathan Pratt / Cyph'on A.I.
| Known Aliases:
|| Cyph'on, Cyphon
|| Techno-Magically enhanced alien/human hybrid
|| 6'5" / 330 lbs.
| Eye/Hair Color:
|| Green / Dark Grey
|| Citizen of the United States
| Current Residence:
|| Founder's Falls, Paragon City, RI
| Marital Status:
| Known Relatives:
|| Sakina Pratt (wife, deceased)
| Known Powers
| Negative Energy Manipulation/Control, Enhanced Strength/Healing, Flight.
| Training / Abilities
| CIA, Green Beret Special Forces training, weapons and demolitions expert. Computer use (expert/interface level).
| • Wrist comm unit|
• Head-Up Display, or "HUD"
• MediPort beacon
• Blackwand (techno-magic in origin)
• Built-in personal cloaking device
• Custom uniform made of special 8-ply kevlar panels (able to withstand ballistic impact up to .45 caliber bullets) and "Atlex 5" a fire-resistant material that withstand temperatures of up to 1500 degrees Fahrenheit
• Power Drone
| Former human black-ops/sleeper agent posing as an alien Cyber-Synthetic Lifeform (CSL).
The character of Cyph'on was created by Cyphre years ago as a sort of Captain Marvel (SHAZAM!)-inspired hero... a cop who had been given the powers of various gods of death (or the underworld) of various ancient mythologies.
He was then revamped as the cast-out sole champion (and human/neronir half-breed) of E'rath (alternate Earth) in a dimension where magic is prevalent and malevolent dark gods ruled.
He was revamped yet again as an ancient but benevalent alien artificial intelligence posing as a human entrepreneur and superhero in the SG called StormForce.
...Then that was scrapped as well.
After this most current revamping, I hope that since I've figured out a background I truly like (and will most likely keep) he'll become a natural and fun addition to the SHIELD-influenced, paramilitary-psi-arcane-super-themed SG, S.C.O.R.P.I.O..
« History »
(Strategic Command Objective for Research, Protection + Interdictive Operations)
An extra-governmental intelligence and security organization formed to meet the rising storm of exceptional threats beyond the usual scope of normal law enforcement and military forces. SCORPIO is dedicated to protecting the nations and peoples of Earth from terrorists and all technologically-advanced, extraterrestrial, psionic, superhuman, occult, paranormal and supernatural menaces, and often assists such organizations as Alpha Watch and The Cerulean Legion in apprehending threats to national security and world peace.
S.C.O.R.P.I.O.'s founders, Paul Grant and Jack Slayton, built the organization from the ground up as a streamlined agency small enough for them to personally oversee and protect from corruption. It has since very quickly grown into one of the world's most powerful paramilitary and intelligence protectorates, reaching covertly into national governments and forming strategic alliances with superhero groups... while always maintaining independence and deniability. SCORPIO has also become a valued contact between the superhero community when government-related information is required to deal with a crisis.
« Personality »
« Abilities »
Though only in his mid 30's, Pratt is already a seasoned veteran and a gifted covert agent with exceptional skills. A former U.S. Marine Lieutenant with an impressive combat record, Pratt underwent Reconnaissance, Force Reconnaissance and Scout Sniper training while in the U.S. Marine Corps. He attained dockets that permitted him to train with the U.S. Army Airborne School and the U.S. Navy Underwater Demolition Team, becoming qualified as a Navy SEAL. A list of Pratt's training/schools is as follows:
- United States Marine Corps Boot Camp
- United States Marine Corps School of Infantry
- Marine Sniper School
- Basic Reconnaissance Course while at Marine Corps School of Infantry
- BUD/S (basic underwater demolition/SEAL)
- United States Army Airborne School
With his training, Pratt is well-versed in conventional and unconventional warfare, proficient in not only basic infantry skills, but in special operations which includes the use and maintenance of specialized firearms and explosive ordnance. He is also thoroughly trained and experienced in guerilla warfare and counter terrorism. He is highly trained in various forms of camouflage, stealth and infiltration into heavily-guarded enemy territories and structures for the purpose of Search and Destroy, Combat Search and Rescue or Reconnaissance missions. Pratt is a skilled Paratrooper and Frogman. His hand-to-hand combat skills are more than sufficient to allow him to incapacitate and kill men much stronger than he is, as well as to deal with groups of armed and unarmed enemies, killing them all without weapons if he deems it necessary.
« Equipment »
- Wrist Comm Unit:
- The SCORPIO wrist communications unit is an interesting technology developed by Singer Defense Systems for SCORPIO Agents. It is in essence a highly advanced computer capable of tracking mission data, interfacing with satellite scans and collected intelligence, providing a communications interface. Cyphon has replicated this technology within his body.
- Unit acts as a basic datapad, able to store and retrieve data from robotic systems/androids/etc., the SCORPIO database, other computers (via a direct link or wireless transceiver), comm signals, and standard datacards.
- Wrist link allows Cyphon to arm bombs and traps, detonate explosives, open base and teleportation portals, receive signals from his surveillance gear, and to summon and direct his Shield Drone.
- Head-Up Display (HUD):
- A transparent display that presents data without obstructing the user's view. Originally developed for military aviation.
- Visual capabilities of the unit are taxing on the power cell and need to be replaced after a month normal usage.
- Areas with strong electromagnetic interference render the unit's radar useless while the communications become unstable.
- MediPort Beacon
- Built-in device that monitors vital signs and prompts a teleport to the nearest hospital in case of an emergency. Can also be activated manually.
- Black metal wand, cold to the touch. Filled with negative energies that can be channeled into ranged targets.
- Created using Cyphon's techno-magical blood and a reverse-engineered Nemesis Staff.
- Personal Cloaking Device (PCD):
- Built-in device that enables Cyphon to become very nearly invisible to the naked eye, and extremely difficult to detect with normal sensing instrumentation.
- Power Drone:
- Stimulates the stored energies within Cyphon's body and grants him greater strength. Also creates a weak, invisible forcefield around his body.
- Customized SCORPIO uniform:
- 8-ply kevlar panels (able to withstand ballistic impact up to .45 caliber bullets)
- "Atlex 5" a fire-resistant material that withstand temperatures of up to 1500 degrees Fahrenheit.
« Friends/Allies/Etc. »
- Sakina Pratt (wife, deceased) - Jonathan and Sakina met as teenagers when both attended Liberty Jr. High School in Steel Canyon and lived in the same neighborhood. The exceedingly clever, pretty girl and the brainy boy were quick friends, and eventually became 'high school sweethearts but eventually drifted apart when Sakina attended The School of Visual Arts far away in New York City and Jonathan had joined the Marines. They didn't run into each other again until several years later, after Jonathan had retired from the military and had returned to Paragon to plan on his next career move, possibly joining Longbow or the beleaguered PPD. By sheer coincidence (or fate, if one is a romantic), he happened to wander into a art gallery in Brickstown Sakina managed. They reconnected... the sparks between them obvious. The two soon returned to their relationship and married the following Spring. They enjoyed five years together before Jonathan disappeared. Before her untimely death in a tragic automobile accident, she had never given up hope that her husband was alive, and that she'd find him one day.