From Unofficial Handbook of the Virtue Universe
The idea for Killian came about for my need to have some sort of grounded history for Kyndall. However, this had to work in concert with how Kyndall's personality worked, meaning i could not give her some meek , quiet little mouse as a friend. Like most " buddy films ", originally Killian would play opposite to Kyndall's core personality , meaning she would be mindful and more likely to not be crazy. I thought, " hell, give the girl the sister she's always wanted in her best friend! ". So I did. Killian and Kyndall share a good deal of the same character traits while still having enough of their own , individually, to be separated and marked as separate people and nor merely carbon copies of one another. As such, i really enjoy interacting with characters that both of them have befriended and watching how each is received by said characters.
Personality and Habits -
Outwardly,Killian is a pretty business orinented minded person. She prides herself in her ability to calmly see herself through mosy situations without any great deal of stress and panic. This not to say that she lacks a softer, more laid back side of her personility. She simply prefers to get all business out of the way before allowing herself the oppurtunity to relax. It is only after her manditory business objective is met that she will actually " switch gears ", as it were. This sense of priority is a particularly overriding drive that has caused problems and strains more than once during the course of her romantic love life, especially with her current relationship. However, she has been making more of an effort to curb this behaviour.
When in a more social mode, Killian can be a fairly fun person to be around. Among friends and "family", she is generally not as serious minded as normal and enjoys her recreation time greatly. She will be basically friendly toward strangers, but quickly lose her temper with any significant shows of disrespect toward herself or her company. However, when and if she does lose her temper, it is very difficult to calm her down. This is a trait she shares her best friend, Kyndall, only to a far less degree than the latter.
Brief History -
( Work in progress )
GILGAMESH was an international mercenary team composed of highly trained and skilled soldiers. Consisting mainly of non-powered humans, GILGAMESH was the brain child of and lead by Brigadier James T. Teach, who felt disillusioned with a great deal of how the British Royal army was being handled by, in his own words, " incompetent pencil pushers " and upon his requested discharge, began to scout out soldiers to form a group performing on the ideals and honour of what the British Royal army once stood for.
members of GILGAMESH
- Brigadier James T. Teach - leader/founder of GILGAMESH, specialty: Tactics, Information gathering, Combat veteran
- Paul Oliver - second in command, specialty: Information gathering, Guerrilla warfare, Combat veteran
- Yuri Czytelvich - sniper, specialty: Environmental immersion ( camouflage ), Guerrilla warfare, Survivalist
- Alison Torchwood - sharp shooter, specialty: Quick draw sharp shooting ( bow/arrow, hand guns ), Communications specialist
- Mitchell Kid - medic, specialty: Field doctor, Environmental biology expert
- Sandra Steward - scout, specialty: Path finder, Hidden trap disabler, Survival expert, Hand knife specialist
- Migel Cruz - heavy gunner, specialty: Guerrilla warfare, Wetwork, Combat specialist ( multi-opponent ), Unarmed combat specialist ( combat Sambo )
- Kenneth Irons - linguistics, specialty: Decoding, Multi-lingual, Unarmed combat specialist, Information gathering
- Doon- Han Lee - combat expert, specialty: Combat expert ( unarmed, armed, multi-opponent ), Multi-weapons expert, Environmental immersion ( camouflage )
- Rachele Marini - pilot/ driver, specialty: Multi- vehicle expert, Expert pilot, Small arms specialist
- James Ferdanand - mechanic, specialty: Multi- vehicle repair, Equipment building/repair, Hand-to- hand combat specialist
- Killian Mitchell - demolition, specialty: ?
- Dan Thompson - information handling, specialty: Expert computer programmer/ hacker, Information warfare, Surveillance expert
Killian's entire genetic structure has been rewritten, fortified, and strengthened through the introduction of a specially designed enzyme to her genetic building material right before her conception. The enzyme,created by her father, was intended to help keep Killian alive as she developed in her mother's womb. During development, Killian's DNA underwent a radical change as the enzyme began to catalyze, causing millions of ' wild factor ' chemical reactions. This was not the actual design intent of the enzyme as it was merely created to keep Killian's protein strands whole strong. Upon confirmation of Killian's developing body it was later found that a triple helix strand had formed, rather than the normal double helix strand due to the way the enzyme had interacted with cell information, formation and growth. The formation of a third nucleotide set the foundation in Killian's genetic coding that would not only enabled survival to birth but also would also grant her parahuman abilities.
Limited Invulnerability: Thanks to the tailor made enzyme created by her father, Killian's entire genetic and physical makeup has been amazingly strengthened. As a result, the bonds between the atoms in her body are six times stronger than average. What this translates into is an enhanced threshold to withstand a great deal of severe physical damage and a body whose epidermis cannot be broken, pierced, nor burned by conventional means. Her skin, itself, is able to withstand penetration of ballistics small arms fire up to and including .32 caliber. Likewise, it is also able to withstand certain temperature extremes without blistering nor peeling ( 4500 °C / 81032 °F to -80 °C / -112 °F ). This makes Killian highly adaptable to adverse environmental conditions, from icy wastelands to blistering hot jungles which is a valuable asset to her work as a mercenary. However, she does not possess "true invulnerability", as, with sufficient enough force, Killian can be injured and even killed. Likewise, temperatures above her body's current tolerances, Killian will suffer the same bodily harm and possible tissue damage as a non-powered human under similar conditions. It is this fact that make Killian even more cautious when she is "working".
In addition to her highly durable skin, Killian's skeletal and muscular systems have also been enhanced to the point of superhuman. Killian's skeletal and muscle structures are about four times denser than an average human of equal size, height, and age. Great physical force is needed to break any bone in her body ( even with some of the most vulnerable of bones such as the phalanges ). It is because of her dense body structure , Killian weighs far more than she actually appears. Killian's additional mass also adds to her overall resistance to withstand physical damage. The density of Killian's muscles prevent the penetration of small arms ballistics, the bullets ricocheting off of her body's surface. Killian's body is able to survive a head-on collision with a fully loaded tractor trailer traveling at a speed of 144km/h ( 90mph ) with relative mild discomfort and ,provided she braced herself for the impact, little injury.
Superhuman Strength: Killian possesses great physical strength well within the range of superhuman. Her strength has continued to increase over the years since her childhood but was not always of superhuman levels. From the point when she was born to about the onset of puberty, Killian was only about twice as strong as an average human being. At her peak strength, for this period in her life, Killian was able to press ( lift ) about roughly 205 kilograms ( 450 pounds ). However, even for a child, this may be viewed as being superhuman in appearance. It would not be until puberty that Killian started to develop true superhuman strength
Up until the point her body had suffered massive physical trauma from an intentional misaligned and uncalibrated teleportational jaunt acted upon her by Lord Recluse and intense physical therapy associated with her recovery, Killian was able to press ( lift ) approximately 15 metric tons ( slightly over 33000 pounds ), under optional conditions. Since her recovery, Killian's strength has tripled in scale to that of her original lifting ability. Without employing her pyrokinetic abilities or without additional outside assistance, Killian is now able to press ( lift ) a load of approximately 45 metric tons ( roughly 99210 pounds ). When Killian is employing her thermokinetic abilities to "eat"( absorb ) the ambient and direct heat from a living organism(s), thereby metabolizing it into raw physical power, she can further enhance her already superhuman strength even more. The additional elevation in her is a temporary one and has two determining factors in it's duration: the amount of heat Killian has "eaten" and the level of physical activity she is involved in. The upper most limit of this ability is unknown, likewise is the level of strength Killian can achieve using this ability. Killian cannot hold an "pyro-charge" for more than an hour, after which her body will start to naturally release the energy through her skin,harmlessly most times. After the supplemental energy has been used up, Killian's strength returns to it's base level.
Killian possess well defined and super humanly powerful muscles in her legs. The strength of her legs enable Killian to run at speeds well above normal human levels. Killian is able to attain a top land speed of about 180 kilometers ( roughly 112 miles ) per hour on a straight flat run of land. She is able to maintain this level of speed of a period of one hour before fatigue begins to build up in her muscles, hampering her performance. Killian has sufficient strength in her legs to give her a standing vertical high jump of about 35 meters ( roughly 115 feet )and a standing horizontal jump of 60 meters ( 196 feet ).
Limited Pyrokinetic Manipulation: Killian possess a natural born ability to excite the atoms within an object,causing a reaction that produces enough energy to ignite said object. This ability is limited to tactile ignition, meaning she has to be within physical contact with a surface to utilize this ability. Killian most often uses this power on herself, particularly on her hands, as she is immune to flame she can produce.
Killian has several ways in which she uses this power:
- Spontaneous Combustion: Killian can cause spontaneous combustion in many types of materials ( earth, wood, most metals, carbon fibers ) that she touches.
- Delayed Explosive Combustion: Killian possess the ability to set an explosive "timed charge" type of combustion in practical any surface she touches. She can mentally delay the reaction in the atoms of the surface she has ignited from reaching critical overload for a specific amount of time, giving her a limited amount of control over the release of the energy, causing an effect much in the way of a time bomb. Killian can vary the explosive power of the delay combustion by the amount of time she has "charged" the surface she has touched. There has yet to be a confirmation of the number of "time bombs" Killian can set at one time. Killian physically detonates the "time bombs" she sets by snapping her fingers. Whether this is a needed component of this ability or merely a decorative gesture ( one done merely for show ) is unknown.
- Fire Absorption: Killian can absorb an unspecified amount of flame into her body harmlessly.
- Fire Breath: Killian can expel fire, anywhere between a simple puff to a concentrated stream, from her mouth by means of simple breathing to a forceful exhaling at will, much in the fashion of a flamethrower. The manner in which Killian produces the catalyst for a jet of flame from within her mouth is not fully known however the flame has been recoded as being capable of reaching temperatures approaching 1750 degrees Celsius ( just under 3200 degrees Fahrenheit ).
- Fire Extinguishing: Killian can extinguish any fire within her immediate vicinity mentally
- Fire Manipulation: Killian can generate simple shapes composed of fire, the ultimate expression of this ability being the shaping of a large fiery sword. The temperature of these fiery projections is generally around 2,800 F (near the melting point of iron). These projections only still in existence as long as Killian is concentrating on them.
- Immunity to Fire & Heat: Killian is unaffected by heat and flames, including her own. Killian's flesh cannot be scalded or burned by any heat source whose level is below that of her maximum output. Her physical limit before actual damage has occurred is approximately 527700 degrees Celsius ( just roughly under 950000 degrees Fahrenheit ).
Limited Thermokinesis: Killian has the limited ability to mentally control the ambient heat energy within her immediate environment. She can reduce objects' temperatures (if they are in a normal range for existing on Earth's surface) to about 0 degrees Celsius ( 32 degrees Fahrenheit ), raise them to several hundred degrees, or extinguish open flames. Her radius of influence is about 25 yards ( 75 feet ). The heat energy she takes from the environment is absorbed directly into her own body. While the actual limit of this ability is unknown, there is a set limit to the amount of flame she can absorb into her own body before reaching an over saturation point, by where Killian's body will automatically and explosively expel all additional heat.
- Thermal Consumption and Augmentation: In addition to her ability to bodily absorb heat and flame from her environment, Killian has the unique ability to "eat" heat that she absorbs from living organisms, literally consuming the heat energy via deep inhalation through her mouth . This phenomenon is most often seen as streams of bluish white vapor being pulled out of the body of the person she uses this ability on. By doing this, Killian drastically and quickly robs her target's body heat, normally causing said target to collapse in place, weak and shivering. The effective radius of this power seems to be about the same as the bodily version ( 25 yards ). Killian has demonstrated that she has no limit to the amount of organisms she can pull heat from that are within her range. After "eating" a set minimum amount of heat, Killian can, by some unknown process, physically metabolize this energy, as a normal human would foodstuffs, and convert it into raw physical strength. The amount of additional physical strength she can attain is dependent proportionately on the amount of heat she ingests, with the upper limits of this ability still unknown, even to Killian herself. Once her body has "digested" the additional heat taken in, Killian's strength levels return to their current base.
- Thermal Regeneration: Killian has the ability to use any heat or flame she has absorbed to effect a rapid increase in her regeneration abilities. This allows her to heal injuries that would normally take a normal human days to heal in a matter of moments. Killian can even use this ability to heal what would be normally fatal wounds. However, this ability is extremely taxing on both her pyrokinetic abilities and her mental clarity. Therefore it is used only in cases where she has no choice but to use it
'Advanced Physiology': Due the fashion in which the custom made enzyme interacted and rewrote her DNA, each of Killian's major and minor bodily systems have been pushed to a level of superhuman efficiency. These changes in her physiology include ,but are not limited to:
- Autonomic system:
- Respiratory system:
- Pulmonary system:
- Musculoskeletal system:
- Regenerative system:
- Circulatory system :
- Digestive System :
- Integumentary system :
- Immune system :
- Vestibular system :
- Nervous system :
- Skeletal system :
- Reproductive system :
( Work in progress )
( Work in progress )
( Work in progress )
- Kyndall - Zaphra " Z " Vincent is, without a doubt, the closest thing Killian has to an actual sister. Having shared their formative years growing up together, the two are very close. Even after Zaphra moved away, they kept in constant contact. Both share many of the same personality traits and mannerisms ( however, Zaphra is the more rambunctious of the two ) and would ,and still do , often get into trouble together. While constantly getting on Killian's nerves with her pranks and wild schemes, Zaphra never does anything to Killian that would result in her feelings being hurt. Killian would never let Zaphra come to any harm, as long as she was around to prevent it.
- RS10 - Zohoei Vincent hates Killian, almost unconditionally. These two have butted heads since they were children. Being Zaphra's " older " sister ( first born of the set of quadruplets ) Zohei has always felt that Killian was a bad influence on her " little " sister. As they grew, this feeling became compounded by the fact both Killian and Zohoei were very competitive. Killian has often tried to " bury the hatchet " , as it were, but Zohoei has held fast to the belief that ( she ) is just a bad apple!
- Mercy.Killing - Mercy was a blind date of sorts ,arranged by Zaphra Vincent ( a.k.a Kyndall ) in an attempt to get Killian to stop concentrating on work some much. Sufficed to say, Killian was wary of this planned encounter and went to see what Mercy looked like before their blind date.They hit it off almost instantly. Since then, the two of them have had more constant contact. Very recently, Mercy explained his feelings to Killian and was surprised when Killian accepted them, having similar growing feelings for him. Now officially a couple, they had decided to take their relationship at a steady pace. Despite his alien nature, Killian does find Mercy, physically, as sexy as a normal human male ( but she will not admit that to Mercy ). Killian had accepted Mercy's propose of marriage. However, Mercy had called off the engagement due to Killian's continued and frequent absence in their relationship. The two split up for a time before coming to the mutual understanding that they had rushed head long into the idea of marriage. After a reconciliation, both Mercy and Killian have resumed a more grounded relationship.
- Gold Meteor - Killian admires Gold Meteor for her sense of self and willingness to be herself, even amongst non-favorable social climates. Having, since meeting Gold Meteor, gathered information on her, Killian has also come to have a personal liking for her strength of character. Killian knows very little about what happened between Maki Aikawa and Gold Meteor, but is happy that the two have resloved their differences. Due to her own previous breakup, Gold has been a sympathetic ear to Killian during hers.
- Toy Dispenser - While not very well known to her, Killian does know one important fact about this android, and that fact being he can make a mean drink!! For that alone, he has made a friend out of Killian.
- Paul " Paulie " Oliver - Paulie is Killian's right hand man and " Dock master " of Storehouse 13. Paulie has known Killian since their days with GILGAMESH and looks to Killian as a kindred spirit. He normally supplies Killian with the information and equipment she needs before and during her contract jobs from Storehouse 13. The two are very good friends and their business chemistry has helped Strange Exports stay profitable. Killian looks up to Paulie for his experience and pays him the respect that he is due
- Francis " Frankie Baggs " Turkin - Frankie is , for intents and purposes, Killian's ear to the underworld. A morally weak man, Frankie has long had connections throughout the seedy underbelly of society and has always been willing to sell whatever he knows for a price. Being that Killian has saved his tail more than once, he does have enough sense to give her a discount when she needs to know something.
- S.I.D - The Synthetic Intellegence Drive , S.I.D for short, is a sophisticated artifical intellegence created by GILGAMESH members, Dan Thompson and Paul Oliver, from the reminants of alien computer control system found in the Amazon Basin. S.I.D is, in the best of circumstances, is extremely sarcastic and elitist. It harbours nothing but the most staunchest of contempt for humans and humanoids. With this specific temperment, it is nothing short of amazing that he has remained with Killian ,acting as the central archieve system for Strange Exports. Apparently, despite S.I.D's disstain for anything remotely human, it has something approaching respect for both Killian and Paul.
Weaknesses and Limitations -
( Work in progress )
Recent Events -
(Work in progress )
Story Arc musical themes
( Work in progress )
( Work in progress )
- ↑ Killian's ability and threshold to withstand temperature extremes has been steadily increasing ever since her entry into adulthood,with a upper limit not yet known as to how high it will become
- ↑ this tolerance to heat extremes is based purely on her body's threshold and does not take into consideration her pyrokinetic abilities
- ↑ Please note that while her body is generally unaffected by working in such conditions, Killian's brain is still susceptible to the fatigue and strain of extended exposure to said conditions
- ↑ True invulnerability being that ,no matter the force used against her or conditions,no bodily harm would be able to be inflicted
- ↑ over 16 tons
- ↑ roughly 50 tons
- ↑ This is a scale on based on a dead lifting test to more accurately gauge the lifting output of Killian's muscular system
- ↑ with the major exceptions of Impervium, Osmium, dense bodies of water, and Quantum masses
- ↑ this condition only applies to the explosive power of the combustion and not the amount of time Killian can delay said combustion
- ↑ this would normally severely reduce her target's body heat to about - 6 degrees Celsius ( about 25 degrees Fahrenheit )
- ↑ the effects of Killian's ability on the body varies from organism to organism, dependent on that organism's ability to withstand severe system shock from the sudden drop in bodily temperature and it's ability to recover
- ↑ 45 tons under optimal conditions
- ↑ generally Killian relies on her natural resistance to bodily harm and her training to avoid situations where she is forced to use this ability as she is often left dazed for a short time after it is utilized, making it more of a liability than an asset in a combat situation