The Pearl Symbiote
From Unofficial Handbook of the Virtue Universe
|The Child of the Symphony
|White with Blood Red highlights.
|Place of Birth:
|Base of Operations:
|Perianna (Mother), Latex (Mother), The Symphony (Matriarchs), Emerald (Uncle)
|Pyrokinesis, Telekinesis, Minor Hemokinesis, Wound Repair
|Poison Immunity, Extreme Temperature Resistance, Complex Copy Shapeshifting, Kinetic/Impact Absorption, Mass/Energy conversion (Referred to as "feeding" but it can use almost anything, including standard foodstuffs.), Mind Reading/Manipulating the host it's attached to, Empath, Direct Mental communication with the Symphony.
Perianna, The Latex Symbiote , and Pearl are multi-boxed by the same person, please keep that in mind when messaging them. In-game, Pearl is listed as Mutation origin due to the "blessing" given to her by The Eternal Symphony before she was born. Also keep in mind that Emerald is listed as a relative, but this connection is unknown to anyone and only recorded for my personal book-keeping.
Pearl makes her home in St. Martial, living in the same mansion that her parents have been. She is kind, upbeat, and generally a happy individual, with the only real concern being her fanatical devotion to The Symphony. Not much else is known about her, publicly, due to only recently having appeared.
Daughter of Perianna Morrow and The Latex Symbiote, blessed by The Goddesses since before she was born, Pearl has only recently been seen in public. She was born with all of the powers and abilities of her mother, and the blessing she received from The Goddesses granted her still more powers.
Personality and Appearance
Pearl is wide-eyed and new to the world as a whole; she only knows that she has a boundless love for all things. She is deeply loyal to the Symphony, heeding them as Divine, treating their words as law. She frequently speaks of hearing the Symphony's "song", and often has her head tilted to one side, as if listening. While she tends to use feminine pronouns due to her appearance, she has not spent enough time in the world to know what she identifies as.
Pearl is a shapeshifter, and as such, can take on a myriad of appearances. However, she is always pearl-white with blood red accents. Her default state is a young-looking female humanoid. Those with heightened senses of smell will note that Pearl herself has no scent, but the red that accents her is metallic and sweet, as if it were blood. Those also familiar with the Symphony may note that Pearl's red accents match the scent of the blood generated by the Sanguine Dolls.
Powers and Limitations
- Pearl is able to generate massive amounts of heat within her body, causing select nearby objects to burst into flame. From there, she is capable of manipulating it in a myriad of ways, some more detailed than others. She can shape and move flame, launching it at opponents or causing it to dance for her amusement.
- As of yet, there seems to be no limit on how frequently she can do this, nor a limit on how much flame she can control at one time.
- This symbiote is capable of telekinesis, lifting up objects and entities alike with an unseen force, paying little regard to their weight or size. Once "held", she is capable of manipulating the object like a puppeteer would, causing it to act, halting its movements, or throwing it large distances. Pearl can also use this telekinesis to give herself pseudo-flight.
- As of yet, there seems to be no limit on how frequently she can do this, nor a limit on how many objects she can control at one time.
Minor Hemokinesis (Blessing)
- She is also capable of minor control of her own blood.
- This is relatively taxing to accomplish, and she must feed and rest afterwards.
Wound Repair (Blessing)
- Directly related to her Hemokinesis, Pearl is able to stitch together wounds great and small, re-inserting lost blood into the target before seamlessly knitting flesh and bone back together, leaving no scars.
- Like her ability to pull blood towards her, this power is extremely taxing, forcing her to revert to her default form to feed and rest.
- Like all of her strain, Pearl is completely immune to all forms of poisons and intoxicants, though she may be capable of simulating the effects of intoxicants after she sees others under their influence, or experiences it while attached to a host.
- This ability is naturally-occurring and takes no effort.
Extreme Temperature Resistance
- Pearl is extremely resist to both high and low temperatures; like her mother and her uncle. The full extent of this power is still undiscovered.
- This ability is naturally-occurring and takes no effort.
Complex Copy Shapeshifting
- Like Latex and Emerald, Pearl is capable of changing her shape on a whim. Unlike both, her maximum size is far greater, being able to fuel larger changes by pulling energy and matter in from nearby sources and convert it.
- While capable of reaching an enormous maximum size of 38 meters tall, the further she goes above three meters, the more drained she will be once she stops pulling matter and energy from around her. Recovering from her maximum size would theoretically take weeks, during which she will be unable to do much of anything other than eat and sleep.
- Pearl is capable of muting kinetic impact by reforming herself around the point of impact, softening or nullifying it completely. In the case of projectiles, she can absorb and store them to be re-used at a later date, or 'digest' them to fuel herself further. She can also disperse most forms of energy by 'rippling' the blast across her surface, though to a much weaker success than kinetics.
- She only has so much space to store objects, even when she expands and makes herself hollow via shapeshifting - once she's run out of this space, she cannot hold any more.
- With an inhuman means of 'eating', Pearl can convert nearly any material or energy into usable 'food', from concrete to actual souls, though she will not ever use the latter.
- Capable does not mean willing - Pearl can still 'taste' things, and there are many things she can consume that do not taste good to her. She is also incapable of consuming radioactive materials due to the way they affect her.
Host Mind Reading/Manipulating
- A symbiote at her core, Pearl can choose to bond herself to a host, immediately becoming connected directly to their mind; she can see through their eyes, and experiences the world as they do, for the most part. She is also capable of manipulating their mind and movements while in direct contact with them.
- This ability is naturally occurring and takes no effort on Pearl's part, but due to her upbringing she will not attach herself to a host without explicit permission.
- An unintended side-effect of her heritage that skipped a generation, Pearl is a minor empath.
- While she can tell a person's current emotion and mood at a glance, she cannot manipulate these things past how a normal human could; offering a kind word, a shoulder to cry on, or advice.
Mental Communication with the Symphony (Blessing)
- Pearl is constantly on a low-level psychic communication with the Symphony, meaning that regardless of how far she becomes separated from them, she can always speak to them. This communication is two-way, allowing them to speak directly into her mind from any distance as well.
- This takes no effort, and does register to the Psychically-attuned, but it is almost entirely controlled by the Symphony. They determine whether or not they hear her, or vice versa.
This article about a character is a stub -- a small, but growing, work in progress. If you're the creator of this character, why not consider expanding it?