From Unofficial Handbook of the Virtue Universe
| Too Hot to Handle?
Image (C) 2008 by LadyEntropy
|Real Name:||Sophie Regis|
|Known Aliases:||"Torch Jiggler", Sophie, Torch|
|Nationality:||Praetorian Earth, Granted Political Asylum in U.S.A.|
|Occupation:||Heroine, Circus Performer|
|Place of Birth:||New Fresno, California, Western North-Am Security Zone, Praetorian Earth|
|Base of Operations:||Paragon City RI|
|Known Relatives:||none known|
|Fire Blast/Fire Control|
|Juggling, Acrobatics, Pyrotechnics|
|Juggling torches, Everclear "grenades", grapple rig, fulminating powders|
|Former member of Carnival of Light (Praetorian)|
Sophie Regis, the Daring and Death-Defying Torch Juggler, is a circus performer and former member of the Praetorian Carnival of Light. During a raid on the ruin that was the Praetorian Portal Corporation, Sophie's troupe was ambushed by Black Swan, and most of the members were captured or killed. Some, however, escaped through a portal they found within the facility. Sophie ended up on Primal Earth, and immediately requested asylum. Since then she's taken up the Hero mantle, spitting fire and tossing both torches and wisecracks at any criminals she runs across.
All of Sophie's abilities center around her skill with juggling flaming objects, and her 'pyrotechnic tricks'. Denied her toys, she's reduced to a young woman with no attacks at all, save punches and throwing loose objects.
Sophie's amassed quite a bit of skill with fire. She can lob flaming torches, toss small capsules filled with Everclear and an impact igniter, or she can 'breathe fire' by spraying Everclear from her mouth and igniting it with a torch. She's also figured out how to supercharge her show with feats of derring-do, such as momentarily immolating herself while shouting "HOT FLAMING DEATH!!" Anyone standing nearby feels the heat, and occasionally faints from the spectacle.
Sophie can also use flames in hand-to-hand. A juggling torch makes a rather handy club, especially when soaked in fuel and lit.
Sophie's a practiced acrobat, and as such can leap and somersault in and out of a fight. As such she's extremely hard to pin down. She also uses a grapple gun and wire harness rig that allows her to vault great distances.
- La Cirque - Mentor, friend, and Fellow Ring Mistress of Le Carnavale Rene`
- Tightrope Tina - Seneschal and friend in the Carnival
- Madame Belladonna - One of Sophie's best and oldest friends
- Gold Meteor - A rather risque fellow heroine who seems to share Sophie's flair for the unexpected.
Sassy, sexy, irreverent. Sophie seems to have a joke or a quip for everything. She is uninhibited enough to pose for a magazine, but has so far kept her personal life away from the reporters.
Sophie also seems to have a very free and open attitude about sexuality and relationships. A true 'child of the road', she has no problems being intimate with multiple partners. She has learned to be wary of possessiveness and jealousy, as such traits upset her. To her, love is greater when it is shared among friends like a bottle of fine wine.
Current Performance Circuit: CROATOA
To Fell A Giant
Not many circus performers can say they helped bring down a giant. But Sophie has. Granted, she didn't do it all herself, and really all she did was keep him annoyed whilst the others sapped his strength and bled his life away. But, it's very hard to ignore flaming torches and firebombs being thrown at your face. Or a sassy black girl in a loud red and yellow costume, heckling you constantly, doing cartwheels away from your club so that all you smash is sod and rocks, then vaulting into trees to leap headlong behind you and sting your posterior with a mouthful of flaming Everclear.
Sophie has been engaged in dealing with the rash of 'monsters' that are appearing randomly out of doorways in the Talos Island neighborhoods. She's rather pleased with herself, in that at some point during all of this fracas, she came across a genuine Carnival Harlequin costume, complete with porcelain mask. The mask doesn't appear to be enchanted, nor does it have any residual psychic energies... but wearing it makes Sophie feel like she's truly a member of the Carnival of Light again.
She's a bit put out that she can't keep the costume for more than a couple of weeks, however.
December PlayCity cover girlDecember issue of PlayCity for her pictorial. Time will tell if it increases gate receipts to the Carnival Rene's shows (if past pictorials are any indication, it will!)
The Meteor and the Rikti
Sophie found her 'boundaries' expanded a bit, somewhat reluctantly, by Gold Meteor. Time will tell if the two continue to team up, or if the encounter is a one-time thing.
- Despite her use of Everclear in her act, Sophie is very susceptible to alcohol. She usually abstains from drinking because "drinkin' makes me get stupid." She'll enjoy one or two shots of tequila (Patron Reposado is a weakness), but that's about it.
- Because she's only recently been shunted to Primal Earth from Praetorian Earth, Sophie is NOT aware of current events. News of the ongoing Rikti Invasion caught her completely by surprise.
- I'm currently working out a bug within the bind files, but Sophie has a running "patter" that has reduced more than one teammate to hysterical laughter (and subsequently a faceplant cos he was laughing too hard to play.)
- Sophie once did her entire juggling act completely naked, during a Rikti bombing raid. She only forgot her patter once during the routine.
- Word on the street is she was accompanied by another heroine but since Williams Square was so crowded with aliens and heroes, it's hard to tell if she arrived solo or with a partner.
Heard something juicy about Torch Juggler? Add it here!
- "We Will Rock You" - Queen
- "T N T" - AC/DC
- "Feuer Frei!" - Rammstein
- Too Hot to Handle - (C) 2008 by LadyEntropy
- Torch Juggler - (C) 2006 by Jim Tessier
- PlayCity December 2007 - (C) 2007 by Bobby Aquitania
- Full artwork gallery (open to the public, registration required to view adult-oriented works.)