From Unofficial Handbook of the Virtue Universe
((This page is in need of -major- updating. I'll get around to it eventually))
Eshet is a demon...a succubus in fact. So it could go on for a long while listing her various conquests...except she only has four, because you see, Eshet, unlike most succubi is quite prudish and timid. Not much is known about her history except for the fact the last time she was on Earth was during the Jewish Second Temple period and that she has been banished from Hell for being herself.
Eshet has two primary powers:
This nebulous ability gives Eshet the ability to move energy from one person or thing into another or adjust the flow within a person or thing. There are three kinds of energy within a living being Eshet can 'play' with and those are life, soul, and mental energy. She must be in physical contact with the subject to be able to manipulate the energy within the subject. The various effects she can create using this ability range from knocking a person out and sending them through a wall with a single blow to kicking up a persons healing factor several fold and limited mind reading. Note that the fact she could read a persons mind or steal their soul are things she keeps secret and tries to avoid doing, even under dire circumstances
Sheer Dumb Luck
Eshet is the embodiment of luck at times, with things usually ending in her favor when there is a result she perceives as positive. A clever opponent would be wise to instill doubt in Eshet as to what out come she wants or forcing her to protect someone as in those cases, her luck will sometimes redirect bullets to her or other sorts of misfortune.
Eshet is a sweet friendly sort, but quite jumpy and easily intimidated. The only exception is when people threaten anyone who is of importance to her, which causes her to be uncharacteristically brave. She has some self-esteem issues as she has had to combat the idea of being broken because she is different from most succubi in her prudish and shy nature, and more recently, her cybernetic arms (an issue that has since been resolved by a kind friend). Her problems have been exacerbated by an incident she will only tell her closest friends about... so if you have heard of it, you are considered important by Eshet (coincidentally, all but one person who have received a gift of red crystal know the story). She is also intensely curious about this new world around her, due to her over 3000 year isolation from the Earth. She is slowly changing, becoming a little more self-confident and less jumpy thanks to her friends and family. Eshet is also not by personality a fighter, but she can and will make expceptions...especially recently after the loss of Methea, a girl who Eshet loved very dearly.
((If you want to be on this list, put your name and I'll fill in the rest))
- Operative Ces: Ces is Eshet's closest friend. He was one of the first people in the Isles to be nice to her, helping her find her way back to Port Oakes after taking a wrong turn and ending up in Saint Martial. Since then, they've grown rather close rather quickly, leading Eshet to regard him as an older brother figure. What she doesn't realize is Ces is not exactly the nice person she thinks he is when he isn't around her...but what she doesn't know can't hurt her, now can it? Since his extended absence from the Isles, Eshet acquired a suit of Bane Spider armor in order to learn from him when he gets back.
- Natalie McGregor: Eshet's adopted sister, Natalie is very dear to her and Eshet would quite willingly hurt anyone who hurt her. Eshet seems to not care that her adopted sister is a half-angel, rather she seems to worry more about the fact that her sister is so fragile mentally and is trying to help her build herself up into a semi-normal person.
- Katerzina: Eshet's adopted mother, Jo is one of the people Eshet trusts to never steer her wrong. The only thing Eshet worries about is that her mother is too hard on herself and that she should try to be happier. She tries to work very hard to earn the love that Jo shows her by trying to live up to ideals she thinks Jo would approve of. Unfortunately, she and Kiri don't much care for each other, which causes Eshet to be caught in the middle.
- Glimmershade: Glim is one of Eshet's closest friends, Glim provides a grounding to the otherwise idealistic Eshet. Eshet adores Glimmer and still tries to win her aproval in all things.
- Redwing Eagle: Dee is Esh's beloved wife, a girl who provides stability to Esh's otherwise chaotic life. Esh would willingly do almost anything to keep her happy. They happily own the beachhouse that they honeymooned at, providing a home to those who otherwise have none.
- Ani Reaves: Ani is a member of Eshet's addopted family, who decided that Eshet was her sister rather than the other way around. Eshet doesn't mind because Ani is quite nice and likes helping Eshet in the kitchen, which is a plus in Eshet's mind.
- Unlucky Coincidence: Joe is a friend of Eshet's that Eshet met through Mary. His moral nature combined with his love of family have endeared him to Eshet rather quickly, especially after he took the job of Uncle Joe to Eshet's youngest daughter, Rime
- Raine Heartfall: Raine is someone Eshet considers a friend, though Raine would at most say Eshet is alright. Eshet believes this is the closest Raine will ever come to admiting she has any sort of positive feelings towards her, and is oddly content with it. She remains unconditionally nice to Raine, trying to help her out when needed and generally being a good friend.
- Transcended: Lu is OK in Eshet's book, a nice guy who has a tendency to do stupid things (most of them rather violent). Eshet feels she has to be the one to keep Lu's head on straight, which might be a task that is near impossible.
- Kheldragon: Khelly is someone who arouses Eshet's curiosity...which may or may not be a good thing, as Khelly drains energy and Eshet is the equivalent of a arcane superreactor when it comes to energy levels.
- Anna Crane: One of her adopted family, Anna is Esh's most recent daughter and the one she worries about the most. Anna is Esh's main reason for doing some of the things she does to earn a bit of extra cash so her daughter can continue her education.
Others (a polite way of saying enemies)
- Detective Parker: Parker used to be someone she considered nice...that was until he without warning attacked Kiri. Eshet now is rather afraid of him...
- Darkhail: A betrayal that hurt more than she'd care to admit, Eshet used to view Luna as a sister. Then she attacked Kiri and later Eshet...which, combined with a few other things, is making her wanting to withdraw into her shell and close out the world around her.
Hated people (...the not so polite way of saying enemies)
- Seer Malak: One of the few people Eshet actually actively hates. In Eshet's eyes, Malak has done nothing but cause her pain despite the fact Eshet has done nothing to him...ranging from him denying her her mother's ashes to killing Methea, every time Malak is involved, she gets hurt emotionally or physically. After the loss of Methea, Eshet has pivately sworn to get revenge on Malak.
- Eshet's most prized possession is a small leather bound Torah dating from the 1930s that was a gift from Run Riot,a former teacher of hers...one that she's since disowned.
- Eshet's second most prized possession is a plushie of a grey demoness, blessed by a Jesuit priest.
- Eshet has a tendency to give those she cares for or respects greatly a gift that contains a bit of an odd red crystal. This gift has the ability to increase the bearer's luck by a signifigant margin. People who have recieved such gifts: Katerzina, Methea, Run Riot, Feyll, Sonja Markov, Kiri, Iden, Ces, Dee, Glimmer, Mary, Raine, Ink Dyne, Rime, Caohime, Jamie Other, James and Lenna Perkins, Mako Kino, and a few others (I admit this list is getting rather large)
- Eshet is rather easily embarrassed...especially about issues most succubi can talk about as though it were nothing big.
- Eshet, unlike most demons, is very religious and actually converted to Judaisim
- Ehset has a rather large sweet tooth and is quite good in the kitchen, leading her to carry a few baggies of cookies on her at all times
- Unusually, Eshet doesn't have the tongues ability of most of her kind, she also has a weakness to negative energy