From Unofficial Handbook of the Virtue Universe
Appearance and Personality
Tomatre is tall and thin. She stands just at six foot even. For her height she has about an average build. She keeps in shape by exercising, training, doing martial arts, and yoga. She has short-cropped brunette hair that falls around shoulder length, and gray irises that are hard to distinguish at times. Her skin is naturally tan, leading some people to believe it's cosmetic. And her most defining feature is a two foot long, brown-furred monkey tail. Purple being her favorite color, she's always wearing some shade of purple eyeshadow and lipstick. Her fingernails and toenails also tend to be painted purple. For perfume, she often has a fruity scent that seems to be composed of strawberry and kiwi.
Tomatre's usually an even-tempered girl. She can be a little rough around the edges at times due to the nature of her people, who were a race of primitive and violent people, but most of the time she's kind and gentle. Tomatre does have fits of rage, though, as her instinct is ever-present and sometimes hard to contain. Generally these outbursts are limited to times when she's heavily angered, and she staves off the worst of it by fighting criminals in her free time. Beating up thugs and thieves helps her vent.
She's a huge girly girl, very into clothes and fancy outfits. Tomatre enjoys the feminine comforts of Earth and loves showing off gaudy clothes or go overboard on hairstyles and makeup. Tomatre's rarely seen without matching eyeshadow and lipstick, and generally steals hairstyles out of anime or magazines. She has a big love for high heels, though attributes this primarily to the fact that she rarely has to walk due to her flight ability.
She likes company, to chat and associate with people, and to have fun. Tomatre's very rarely serious about anything if she doesn't have to be. Being a "monkeygirl," Tomatre does have quite a playful and curious personality. Oftentimes she finds herself teasing, toying with, or flirting with people just to amuse herself. This can occasionally get her into trouble.
Tomatre's background is fairly simple and short, though she often dismisses the tale and tells people that it's "complicated" just because it has some very unusual elements. Tomatre's people were a race of more primitive beings, much like humans in their earlier centuries. Her people, although strong physically, were not very intelligent. They did, however, manage to bully other civilizations using brute force, acquiring advanced technology, including ships for space travel. As a warlike race, Tomatre's people were always striving to conquer new planets and expand their territories in order to show their dominance and strength. Tomatre was sent across space in a ship as an infant, presumably for the task of conquering distant worlds once she grew up. However, her ship eventually crash landed on Earth when directions from her home planet were cut off from her ship.
Her home planet was destroyed (by means unknown to Tomatre) sometime before she reached Earth, taking most, if not all of her species with it. As far as Tomatre knows, she's the only survivor, though believes it's possible there are still others. Tomatre's actual knowledge of her people is limited mostly to what she's learned through books and videos that were on her ship, which she studied growing up. For the most part, Tomatre's lifestyle has been influenced by the people of Earth more than the customs and practices of her homeworld. As a result, she has more sympathy for humans than her people, and even considers the extinction of her people to be a karma-justified event considering their actions toward other races.
Tomatre had a rather uneventful time growing up with adoptive parents who raised her after she was found when her ship crash-landed. Tomatre grew up with an elderly couple who lived on a ranch they owned in the country. Tomatre had some limited schooling, and began to study martial arts before realizing her true potential for fighting. After her mother died in 2007, Tomatre was forced to sell the ranch and try to make her way to Paragon City where she could use her abilities to fight crime for bounty money. Currently she works alongside the PPD, cashing in any bounties that other individuals are unable or unwilling to. These days, most of her practice and training is done by herself, as she's yet to find another person who can match her fighting abilities.
Strengths and Weaknesses
Tomatre's biggest strength is her ability to generate, manipulate, and shoot energy. Her damage output is very high with her energy and physical strength. Toma is much stronger than she appears to be, and is capable of lifting a few tons of weight with her upper body strength, as long as she's channeling her energy into the task. She's able to easily lift the average van, and has been noted as lifting as much as 12 tons (24,000 pounds or about 10,886 kilograms), though her actual limit is unknown. By focusing energy into her hands she can also generate a large amount of power to deliver powerful punches. She also trains heavily in speed and is exceptionally quick, capable of reaching speeds in excess of 100 MPH (about 161 KPH). The highest speed she's been clocked at going is 488 MPH (about 785 KPH).
For all her strengths, Tomatre does have a few simple weaknesses. Primarily, her tail is very sensitive and is her main disadvantage. In combat she tries to keep it coiled around her waist, because if she's caught off guard and her tail is grabbed, it can paralyze her, similar to grabbing a cat by its neck. If she's more attentive, though, she can withstand having her tail grabbed. In some instances, she tolerates or even enjoys having her tail tugged and played with. Her other major weakness is psionics, as she has no actual defense against it. Her mind is relatively easy to read, although attempts to control her are usually met with a very strong, defiant will. Tomatre is also easier to harm with magic than other means of force. More physical types of magic may be easier to defend against with simple shields, but indirect or intangible magic is difficult or impossible for her to deal with. Besides these major weaknesses, her physical body is no more sturdy than a normal human's, and if she isn't channeling energy into barriers or forcefields, she can be hurt by any mundane weapon or even a punch. Tomatre is also very emotional and falls in and out of love easily.
Powers and Gadgets
Though not an uncommon ability for her people, Tomatre's primary fighting ability is throwing energy blasts. Tomatre can form spheres and beams of pure energy with her hands, focusing internal energy from herself into an offensive power. She can use this in various ways to fire concentrated beams, long range attacks, or widespread attacks to hit multiple foes. Though she does sometimes name her signature attacks, most of her blasts are just impromptu volleys.
Tomatre's signature blast powers
- Shockwave: For this attack, Tomatre focuses explosive purple energy into both hands before combining it in a forward thrust attack which sends a large beam of energy at her foe.
- Adrenaline Buster: Similar to Shockwave, this is a standard beam of energy, but is more instantaneous. It's weaker, but quicker to launch than Shockwave. It's usually red in color.
- Dead Light: A beam attack similar to Shockwave, but more powerful and more physically draining. Tomatre focuses a large amount of green energy into her hands and uses it as a direct blast attack.
- Limone Cannon: This particular power is a more focused and concentrated beam, allowing Tomatre to pour more power into it. Though it takes time to prepare, Tomatre uses this power for long-range attacks and anything that requires a continuous focus of power at one point.
- Bright Horizon: A special move where Tomatre focuses energy into thin beams that are used to pierce like needles at specific points. Tomatre can generate a beam from each fingertip.
- Havoc Ball: This large mass of orange energy is formed when Tomatre needs to make an "impression" of some sort. The attack is primarily used to cause widespread devastation via explosion.
- Pulsar: This attack requires Tomatre to generate a large amount of pure white energy into a condensed ball of energy. Once this sphere is thrown, it's aimed at an enemy with a focused strike. Unlilke the Havoc Ball, this attack concentrates its force into a small area.
- Banshee: Another sphere attack, this ability generates an extremely large purple orb of energy which is very powerful, but slow moving. Can be difficult to dodge considering its size.
- Atomic Blast: In order to hit multiple foes at once, Tomatre forms energy into her palm and lets it explode outward in a conical attack that spreads over a wide area.
- Starfield: A volley maneuver, Tomatre can spread energy blasts all over a battlefield, creating "mines" that explode when touched or on Tomatre's command. This attack is used to deal with fast or elusive targets.
- Mosquito: A volley attack of green energy which can be guided in the air after being shot. Tomatre uses this against difficult enemies who are good at dodging.
- Blast Shower: A more violent wide-spread attack, Tomatre can cause a rapid series of small explosions with a wave of her hand. This attack is generally difficult to dodge, but is not very powerful.
- Windslasher: A special move in which Tomatre violently hurls energy through the air. The energy swirls and slices through the air like hundreds of sharp blades, cutting through obstacles and enemies. More armored or defending enemies may not be harmed.
- Wailing Lance: Forming energy into a sharp point, Tomatre can pierce through strong defenses like armor or some weaker forcefields. This attack is used for particularly fortified enemies.
- Light Saw: Tomatre can also form energy into a thin, round disc. The energy at the edges is condensed into a sharp point and used to cut through solid objects when thrown. Light Saws are commonly used to slice through armor or other barriers.
- Roaring Storm: More of a novelty attack than something used very often in combat. Tomatre can form the energy in her body into a direct current of electricity and generate lightning bolts (or an approximation thereof) from her hands.
Slightly less common for her people, Tomatre also has more unique functions for her energy powers. While most energy abilities are used to form masses of energy to hurl at opponents, Tomatre can also form a type of stable energy that she can wrap around her hands and use for melee attacks. In close combat, Tomatre can use her energy manipulation techniques to hit exceptionally hard and even disorient her opponents from the sudden bursts of power striking their bodies. Due to the nature of the focused and stable energy, these melee attacks are often more powerful than her ranged blasts.
Tomatre can manipulate energy in various ways when forming it if necessary. This allows her to fire energy from farther away when concentrated on the task. With effort she can also follow enemies' movement and strike them with curving blasts or hit them more accurately when they're trying to dodge. She can also use more of her energy with a single attack to inflict more damage. Each of these strategies require more of her concentration and energy.
Force Mastery/Defensive Energy/Miscellaneous
Tomatre also has various other abilities. Further manipulation of her energy abilities allows her to generate forcefields made of pure energy to deflect or soften attacks. She can also pool her energy into creating even more powerful defenses, though this is usually very draining on her physically. Manipulating energy, Tomatre can also propel herself through the air to fly. She considers this a mild form of exercise and is quite often flying, very rarely touching the ground.
Besides her basic combat abilities, Tomatre also has a small arsenal of trinkets and gadgets at her disposal.
Tomatre has reassembled a regeneration chamber from her crash-landed ship which is capable of healing a person's wounds in a dramatically short amount of time. Tomatre does occasionally use this chamber in instances where she's suffered a lot of damage which would otherwise put her in a hospital for a long time, produce scars, or otherwise cripple her.
The most frequently used tool that Tomatre owns are her goggles, which are an experiment by Tomatre to teach herself more advanced and varied technologies. As a result, she's managed to integrate a large array of useful tools into the goggles. They are capable of examining and reading a person's combat abilities and can read information such as: physical strength, maximum speed, body temperature, heart rate, height, and weight. The goggles are also equipped with infrared/night vision and x-ray vision, CB, AM/FM and other forms of radio communication, a clock, camera, and even functions as a telephone and web browser.
Besides her more commonly used tools, Tomatre also has various other gadgets and devices that she uses more infrequently. Among these inventions are forcefield generators, explosive mines, turrets, gas traps, cloaking devices, and body armor.
Tomatre is part of a few organizations, both in Paragon City and the Rogue Isles.
Pariah Project: Tomatre is a member of the Pariah Project, introduced to it by Dynamistress. Though the group has had very little activity as of late, Tomatre does try to lend a hand when she can. She recruited a few people to the group before her attention was mostly turned toward Rogue Entertainment.
Rogue Entertainment: Tomatre's main focus is on Rogue Entertainment. Most of her current friends and associates are from RE, and she spends a lot of time at the penthouse. Tomatre was introduced to the group by Rina Adams and Elexa, and has since been working as an actress and model. She also signed up as security due to her powers, but so far her services have not been needed. Since joining, Tomatre has appeared in small parts in a few productions and films, and is working with Elexa on a film where she will be a main character.
Existing variations of Tomatre:
- "Tomatre" - Level 50 Energy Blast/Energy Manipulation/Force Mastery Blaster (Rogue)
- "Monkeygal Tomatre" - Level 44 Radiation Blast/Traps/Mace Mastery Corruptor (Hero)
- "Monkeygirl Tomatre" - Level 45 Energy Melee/Willpower/Mu Mastery Brute (Villain)
- "Monkeybabe Tomatre" - Level 42 Super Strength/Electric Melee/Mu Mastery Brute (Villain)
- "Monkeychick Tomatre" - Level 50 Electric Melee/Invulnerability Brute (Rogue)
- Tomatre's name is pronounced "Toʊ Mɑː Triː" / "Toe - Mah - Tree"
- Tomatre's name obviously means "Tomato."
- Tomatre is a pseudo-remake of the player's Energy/Energy Blaster from Pinnacle named Dispel, who was a 4-foot tall imp.
- An attempted alternate version of Tomatre was made as a human-form Peacebringer named Courgette, but the overall playstyle didn't suit the character.
- If it were possible (and feasible for end usage), Tomatre's powersets would be Energy Blast, Energy Melee, Martial Arts, Super Strength, Super Reflexes, and Force Mastery. Invuln however is a close approximation to her defensive abilities.
- The most accurate representation of Tomatre remains the Blaster version, who replaced the Elec/Invuln Brute as the "main" version of her when Going Rogue was launched.
- Tomatre's IC alignment is vigilante, although her alts are various different ones (mostly rogue) for convenience sake.
- Tomatre's IC birthday is December 12th (12-12).