From Unofficial Handbook of the Virtue Universe
Thoughts and Opinions
((Section for IC opinions and thoughts on Robin, because I am a pompous egomaniac. Add away!))
"Ah, Pocket D's beloved man-whore. Rumor has it that he's some kind of big-time thief, but the only stealing I've seen him do is the stealing of hearts. I love you, you adorable little care bear. You're just mixed-up kid." Codename Champagne
"I dunno what th'fuck's up with 'im. One minute he's a fuckin' dick, th' next he's chillin' out, an' is actually kinda awright t'me. S'been back'n forth fer awhile... sort yer shit out, Robin." - Raine Heartfall
"Queen Robin, it's hard to really gauge him at any given time. He's got potential, yeah, but his mouth gets ahead of him. I stabbed him once... or twice. Maybe a few times, but... he'll come around." - Eve Summers
"He reminds me of another dumb kid I knew once with a bad upbringing and a stutter. Lost, confused, an emotional wreck going in no particular direction at all. Myself. He has all the potential in the world, if he'd just find his center. I'll be here till he does. I promised Paola I'd watch out for him. I keep my promises." - Adam Michael Fairfield "Moone"
"Beloved Robbie, as much as I want to give him a hug, I want to smack him across the room for being purely an idiot. But you can't expect a boy to become a man overnight, and I give him credit as much as I can...Maybe one day he'll stop bed hopping and grow up. And I say that in the most loving, nicest way possible." - Satine Dubois
"He's my brother. Funny thing that comes along with that title is a sort of crazy loyalty. Sure, beat the shit out of him. I'll probably help. Or at least stand by and watch. But you try to kill him or take him away from me and you'll have a fireball up your ass so fast you'll be coughing smoke before it even happens." - Ani Reaves
"Robin's a sweetie who gets himself into lots and lots of trouble...it's not his fault; people just don't like him for their own stupid reasons...but he's a snuggly kitty of loving." - Purge Initiation
"Largely vulnerable if you get him out of his suit. The suit itself absorbs electricity. Breaking part of it may create a weak point." - Clerisy
"If wh't I 'ear iz true, Robin'z a couz'n 'a th' drama llama 'imself!" - Ink Dyne
"Irritatin'." - Webmaster Grave
"Fuck. You." - Phantom Strider
"I don't know exactly why all these fuckers like picking on this bitch, but he was the Ragtag Rogues punching bag first, so all you booze sucking dick dweebs can fuck yourself with a lit piece of dynamite." - Kenny B. Tanto
"I gotta say, I love Robin with all my heart." - Anna Crane
"Wohin.. Stop dating whores." - Jupi Knight
"Robin is a good friend . . . I would gladly kill for him." - Cassandra Lance
"Someone once said 'If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.' Well alright then." - Samuel Cooper
"Robin, Robin, Robin. One moment the guy's annoying the fuck out of me, and the next he's making me laugh. I don't really know what to say other than that. At least he's coming from a good place..... Right?" - Clara Su'cour
"I AM GOING TO KILL THIS MOTHER****** SO ******* HARD. JUST YOU WAIT, YOU SON OF A *****. ONE OF THESE DAYS, I'M GOING TO FALL FROM THE SKY SPECTACULARLY WITH THE SUN AT MY BACK IN A BLINDING AND BRILLIANT DISPLAY, AND DECAPITATE YOU SO HARD, YOU PISS YOUR PANTS FROM THE AMAZING **** THAT JUST HAPPENED, AND SO HARD THAT YOU DIE. AND THEN I'LL KILL YOU SO HARD YOU DIE. And I don't love you. *pout*" - Operative Lucenia
"Robin? *Laughs, smiling* I love him. Without a doubt, one of the people I'd do nearly anything for. You know, if he'd let me. Really good to lean on, really good to talk to, really good for an ego boost, too." -Jo
"Fucked up." -Web
A six foot three figure towers over the average human, two deep green eyes often gazing about the room almost idly; seemingly natural black hair frames his face, wild and almost wavy locks that often find their way over his eyes distractingly. He has features that can only belong to that of a 'pretty-boy', with boyish good looks and sharp features that people may consider attractive. His face is kept clean of facial hair or blemishes. Neither too slim nor overweight, he is actually surprisingly well-toned and somewhat muscular, having to be in shape for his 'profession', which -- if one couldn't guess by his armor-plated leather apparel, the various chains and skull emblems and designs along his almost gothic attire -- he may very well be a thief or some sort of criminal.
He has an intricate red-and-gold bird with flaming wings, and blue eyes and detailing on his left shoulder, exposed near the top of his chest. This beautiful work was done by Esh, and was recreated to cover over his cybernetic arm when his human limb was lost.
His body is littered with scars from nearly head to toe, varying from big to small to every sort of scar in-between. Years-old bruises, gouges, gashes and cuts are a living cartographic of Robin's struggles to survive as a youth.
Most people don't realize Robin is a cyborg. His left arm was replaced at the bicep when Web and Xrell teamed up to take down Robin who -- while he'd never admit this -- had gone absolutely psychotic, turning on his own friends and hurting several of them ... including Naomi and Fen. In a drastic move to stop Robin from hurting anyone, the demons broke Robin's left arm and tore it from the rest of his body. Although it's been replaced by a high-tech prosthetic, Robin uses synthetic muscle, artificial nerves, faux skin and hydraulic oil disguised as blood to make it look and act like the real thing.
Robin's powers are limited to what any other human can do. Although he is gifted in terms of intelligence, that doesn't go very far against superpowered and supernatural beings. To survive, he employs the use of incredibly advanced technology.
Robin is unusually intelligent in spite of how he may come off at first impression. Some think it's an act to distract from any idea that he is, in fact, a capable fighter and serious threat even to supers. He has constructed a veritable army of robots, ranging from assassin droids with cloaking devices and hologram projectors to tactical assault units armed with weaponry deadly enough to level a skyscraper; to guardian units that can patch up organic and mechanical targets and apply force fields and stunning shots, to a titanic twenty-plus foot war machine armed with the kind of firepower that can stand toe to toe with Malta titans. Each bot is, by default, armed and capable of a slow form of self-repair through either a special chemical foam that bridges damage in metal architecture or through nanotechnology. An advanced A.I. that is borderline sentient is equipped to each of the machine's mainframes, which are typically located in different areas depending on the series. They are so advanced, in fact, that people commonly mistake them for being self-aware.
'Metal Raven' Powered Armor Suit
The "Metal Raven" Powered Armor Suit is a combative powersuit designed to be able to take down a variety of opponents. Decked out in padded rubber insulation, inches-thick impervium-titanium composite alloy plating, and many, many weapons, it's able to directly withstand direct blasts from rockets, missiles, and energy blasts, as well as shrug off certain degree of heat, operate in extreme cold and tolerate low-to-medium caliber ballistic munitions. Its most deadly and glaring weaknesses are antitank weaponry, extreme heat, and stopping the suit from any sort of movement (its kinetic battery will run dry if it can't charge itself through combat or movement or otherwise kinetic action).
Its targeting systems are top of the line, deploying the use of an advanced HUD system with a voice-activated command center and synaptic pattern scanners on the inside of the helmet -- it can literally read his mind and initiate commands, attacks, or tactics solely based off what he is thinking at the time.
It operates off a kinetic battery rather than electronics, able to tolerate E.M. pulses. The biggest drawback is if the suit can't move at all, it can't generate power.
Weapons systems include:
- a folding, detachable or extending/retracting impervium katana under the left wrist
- a repeating, self-loading or belt-fed dart launcher with access to various munitions (detonating darts, various poisons, nanite darts) on the top of the left hand
- under-the-wrist thermite/napalm thrower (napalm mixed with thermite as an antitank/heavy armor weapon, as well as increasing heat levels and burn time) on his right wrist
- over-the-wrist rocket launcher
- dual shoulder-mounted missile silos (without heat-seeking; missiles are guided to assigned targets, through HUD tracker)
- boot slug throwers (emergency thermite/plasma throwers; flight fuel is consumed if he uses this)
- Judgement, Retribution, Divinity: A trio of highly 'intelligent', vaguely humanoid bots, they are armed with several kinds of plasma weaponry. They seem to be the assault units of his army.
- Venger & Valor: Two guardian units. The best offense is a good defense for these two, as they are made more to hold the fort and tend to the 'injured' bots than they are to make an alpha strike.
- LAW (Large Antitank Weapon) Unit: Robin has been working on this machine for a couple of years. It is finally finished and, as promised, it is absolutely armed to the teeth.
- Vader: Vader is his personal home servant bot.
- Lifesaver: An "Organic Medical Unit", or OMU, the OMU model RF-OMU003-Ls is designed to perform surgery, administer injections and many other medical techniques.
- Butler: What looks at first like a floating, oddly-shaped gigantic suitcase is in fact a folding A.I.-empowered transportable medical lab, complete with all that such a device entails. This "DocBot" model RF-DBU0016-BTLR can take various samples and read them, as well as initiate different scans and tests, and read their results.
Nanite Swarms (Dark Miasma)
Robin employs the use of his own designed micro-nanites, that do anything from repair his bots, to heal the wounds of himself and allies. It can even swarm and slow opponents, blind them, attack them, stealth-cloak he and his allies, and other useful things.
Robin has a flight system that is relatively simple. His boots act as robotic jet boosters, and he equips thrusters on his palms that help him control his flight speeds and path.
Weaknesses and Limitations
Most every normal human weakness and limitation affect Robin.
- Energy Rifle "Firefox": An energy-based weapon that seems powered by a specially-designed power core, it is very powerful. The blasts can blow holes through titanium, and cauterize flesh wounds immediately. It is always holstered across his back unless it's in his hands.
- Custom Folding Shotgun - "Warbreaker": It vaguely resembles a Benelli M3 and a Remington SP-10 Magnum both rolled into one hybrid, folding shotgun.
- Black Leather Trench coat: An ordinary trench coat, albeit made of a similar custom material like the one his body armor is made out of.
- Black Ka-Bar Knife: A simple combat and utility knife, located in his left boot.
- Super-Resistant "Guardian" Body Armor Suit: This suit of body armor lives up to its name, capable of stopping, absorbing or even deflecting bullets, knives, and even lasers and other such weapons. It protects him from the weather, as well.
- Hi-Tech Wrist Computer "Data": Not only does this call the bots he's designed, it's a hand-held tool kit and computer. Capable of hacking, welding, repairing and tracking, it is an extremely useful tool. It has a full keyboard and four OS units - one for a Mac, another Windows XP, another Windows Vista, and one last Linux OS. Thank goodness for micro-tech.
- Custom-built Laptop: Containing only beyond-the-cutting-edge technology inside, Robin rarely needs to use his laptop. But it does have Counter-Strike installed.
Robin has acquired many handguns, both for collective and offensive purposes; he always keeps at least one handgun on him at all times. Usually, two, and on occasion a third, smaller pistol.
- FN Five-SeveN "Fortune's Favor": Your typical FN Five-SeveN, with no special modifications.
- Glock 17C "Glockwork": A typical Glock 17C,
- SIG Sauer P228 "Blackheart": A typical SIG Sauer P228, with no special modifications. Located in the right holster.
- (Custom) Colt M1911 "M/G1911C-DC": A hybrid of a military Colt 1911 and a government model Colt 1911, this titanium and stainless steel alloy comes outfitted to hold double the capacity per magazine.
- (Custom) Smith & Wesson Model 625 "Sin": Custom-crafted to chamber six .500 S&W Magnum rounds (compared to .45 ACP) in the cylinder, the drum on this revolver is about 3/4' (three-fourths an inch) larger than typical drum on a Model 625 to accomodate the greater pressure these cartridges produce.
Robin, being the paranoid bastard he is, stores a lot of ammunition. Lined down the inside of his jacket tend two of each special ammunition for the FN Five-seveN, four standard 5.7x28mm magazines for the firearm, and two standard SIG .357 magazines for his SIG Sauer P228 (as well as at least three magazines for his Glock and typically two or more for his 1911). In pouches, he keeps about two moon clips handy for his custom Smith & Wesson revolver. After a battle, he always heads home to replace lost ammunition. His guardian units often carry racks of ammo on their backs. For some reason, he carries magazines for a Glock 17c, but it's only been seen on him once or twice.
- Standard Ammunition (on-person): FN Five-seveN 5.7x28mm (x4 magazines); SIG .357 for SIG Sauer P228(x2); Foster shotgun slugs (x48); .338 Lapua Magnum (x4); 9x19mm Parabellum (x3); .45 ACP (x3)
- Incendiary Detonator "Hellfire" Rounds (x2): Specially-designed by Robin, these 5.7x28mm rounds inside the proper cartridge to be loaded into an FN Five-seveN are highly-powerful, explosive, deadly rounds can be fired into something. Besides doing the normal wounding that the rounds would do, upon penetration they will extend 'side drills' and dig into the wound. Once they dig in, they activate and arm themselves. Robin carries a small device that looks like a lighter, but when flicked open, it actually contains the trigger to set the rounds off.
- Anti-Matter "S-MBH (Super-Massive Black Hole)" Rounds (x1): A single cartridge of anti-matter rounds, these nigh-unstable bullets destroy whatever they hit, disintegrating it instantly and reducing matter to nothing.
- Nanite Detonator "S-MART" Rounds: Like the Incendiary rounds, these have a special trigger located on Robin's wrist computer. They're mostly used to fight off undead, because the nanites - when triggered - will attempt to "mend" the dead flesh - and subsequently rip away all of it. Not only is this an especially painful fate, the swarms can do their job very quickly.
- Fragmenting Explosive "Sweeper" Rounds: Sealed in a special casing that disintegrates when exposed to the air, each shot of this round fragments. The fragments are individually pieced and 'painted' with a chemical that triggers with the proper reactant (blood, certain metals and water are the three current reactants in the chemical paint), causing a small explosion. If just one of the fragments goes off, the others will explode in a proximate chain reaction, tearing entire limbs apart or off with a single shot and ripping wide holes in the environment.
Trivia, Rumors and Miscellaneous
Robin is a bit of a kleptomaniac. He controls himself in public... but amidst bank robberies and the likes, he will steal small or inexpensive things that catch his eyes. Sometimes, he'll nab expensive things that will fit in his pocket - even the diamond ring right off a hostage's finger! Any cheap, easily attainable valuables (or non-valuables...), from coffee mugs to fancy potted plants, will be nabbed.
Robin is rumored to be nearing multimillionaire status. Not surprising, considering how often he robs banks and rich citizens of the Isles. It may just be a rumor, though.
Robin is extraordinarily good at playing piano and has a good singing voice. He seems musically inclined to begin with.
Robin hates giving in to 'the man', so he doesn't buy any mainstream products where avoidable ("Apple rhymes with ASSHOLE"). Or he steals them.
Robin's favorite non-alcoholic drink is actually Cherry Coca-Cola ("Pepsi tastes like liquid ass!"). His favorite alcoholic drink is scotch with ice, though he prefers the Glenfiddich brand.