From Unofficial Handbook of the Virtue Universe
Psilencer 7 is a blaster on the Virtue Server of the game City of Heroes. She was created to try out the new dual pistols powers, but also to imagine a "gun-toting" character who could and would be accepted into a supergroup with a code against killing or rules against guns. Her guns are mental constructs. "It's all in your mind."
Low key but friendly. Curious about the customs of Earth.
Mentalist. Uses the energy of her mind to subdue and damage her opponents. Also creates minor illusions - such as her energy "guns" - to allow her opponent's mind to believe he is being damaged in a manner in which he expects to receive significant damage.
- Has undergone rigourous law enforcement training on her home world, as one of a 7-member team she calls a "pod". Her position within that team is that of a hunter/tracker.
- Seems to have a natural ability to organize sound, as she is picking up an alien language (English) with remarkable speed -- and she vocalizes music with the facility of an operatic contralto. Despite these abilities, like many adult speakers of various terrestrial languages, she does not seem able to pronounce some sounds that, by inference, do not occur in her native tongue. Unvocalized frontal aspirants appear to be chief amongst these.
Weaknesses and Limitations
- Has slightly below-average strength for a woman her height, weight, and build who engages in intensive exercise. Tests indicate that the Nalteerian physique may be lighter and less powerful than an equivalent Terran's, albeit they are slightly faster. Subject indicates that she is a healthy, normal, extremely fit "commoner" on Nalteer II, and that the abilities granted those Nalteereans subjected to scientific creche embryonic genetic manipulation vary widely from individual to individual.
- Seems highly reliant on being part of a team. Preliminary theories indicate a pack-oriented mentality. Although capable of independent action, she tends to freeze under stress in a solo operation. It is possible that part of the embryonic genetic manipulation is designed to develop bonds amongst the members of a "pod", allowing them to react to each other's needs and perceptions with speeds beyond human norm.
- Wears an embossed full body suit made of something akin to leather or flexible metal, having a chemical structure with similarities to both asbestos and Kelvar. Says that the triangles that make up part of the embossed design represent her position as a police officer, akin to an old-time sheriff's star.
- All weapons displayed hither to are actually mental constructs, attacking by means of her mental powers even though she seems to be wielding them physically.
Born in the Beta Fourteen Creche, a second generation colonist on Nalteer II, Kol was trained from early on in the use of her mental abilities in the service of her people. Such powers as she has - and those of many other powered Nalteerians - are the result of scientific manipulation of creche infants in order to produce survival traits amongst colonists. We are given to understand that other Nalteerians, particularly the royal family, have natural energy powers, but that the Colonies cannot depend on natural mutation to ensure survival. Advancing rapidly in skill, Kol chose to become a “toli-ken”, an occupation that seems to combine law enforcement with advance exploratory scouting. She bonded with the six other members of her team:
- Rayk Annor, scientist /“Shi-ken”
- Tori Fallor, empath & healer/ “Youm-ken”
- Rokk Tor, mechanic & programmer/ “Mecha-or”
- Morn A’lee, battle leader/ “Ee Lor”
- Tell Twik, fabricator/ “Grava-tor”
- Null Meueen, generalist/ “Or-ken”
They were in advanced training when word came from the home planet of an invasion by the “beings”/entity known on Earth as the Shivan/Shiva. The war went poorly for the natives and word went out to the colonies that some of the royal family was lost. When one such returned from her sojourn on the Planet Earth to aid in the underground resistance, bringing the aid of her terrestrial consort, Nalteerians took an interest in her former planet of refuge. (Cross-referent: Registration data on Illuminare/ Bright Lady, the Justiciars) Therefore when a Mind Squatter escaped and took a vehicle programmed for Earth, Kol and her pod were assigned retrieval duty. Part of the team stayed in space while two flyers were dispatched. A winter storm, however, disrupted their vehicle controls. Only Kol survived the landing undamaged and without need for recall. Continuing her pod’s mission, she has presented her credentials to City Hall and has requested access to a significant number of data bases currently considered private. As Nalteer (and Nalteer II) have not yet established formal relations with any Earth government (understandable given that their primary government is currently deposed and in hiding), such violation of human records is being denied, pending her evaluation by human law enforcement and governmental agencies. To that end, she has been allowed to register as a “hero” in order to prove herself.
In mid-March, 2010, met one Ross Magnum, also in import to this world, and he invited her to join the Global Defenders Reserve. To the current date, she has met no other member of the team. Having an innate need to be part of an active team, she has recently moved to the Adventurists.
- Skin colour: golden
- Her "little fingers" are also opposable digits, e.g., she has "thumbs" on both sides of her hand, functionally.
Kol comes from the same civilization, albeit from a colonial planet, as Bright Lady aka Illuminare or Nara, a member of the royal family of Nalteer.
-  (Psilencer meets Ross Magnum)
|Inner Circle: Amazing Kane • Lady Aid• Doc Osmium
|Elite Adventurists: Admiral Kraken • Veiled Phoenix • Fearless Phantom • Lady in Green • Wychery
|Adventurists: Amethystic • Silver Silhouette
|Field Agents: Green Swashbuckler • Dr. Edward Brass • Jade Specter • Jack OLantern
|Sponsored: Wild Maiden • Psilencer 7 • Mechandroid • Tritonis • Brown Mouse • Capt. A D Venture • Captain Catman • Verdant Enigma • Hayashi Cato • Adam Frankenstein • Musket • Oceanid • Agent Arcanum • Haymaker Harding • Mister Ideal • Madame Masquerade
|Liberty Rose's Characters
|Afire • Bee Muse • Bright Lady • Ceiba • Coronal Light • Dee Nova • Detective Sanders • Dora Daring • Flitterby • Ghost Wife • Gravity Anomaly • Lady Aid • Lady in Green • Liberty Rose • Medikka • Oceanid • Opal Mind • Psilencer 7 • Sandcast • Sea Maiden • Stellar Beacon • Tesla Teen • Timelass • Web Woman
|Accountant • Mind's Psi • Weyrling
|Korythalia • Mind Dance • Nocturne Falcon
|Bleeding Lily • Wychery